Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Diaz -VS- Nate Campbell
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Imperius3
Looks like this fight has been signed according to fightnews. Interesting fight...Should be good.

Campbell can give anyone a tough fight when he is on, but he has been inconsistent in the past. Even if Campbell shows up at his best, Diaz will still be throwing nonstop leather at a blistering pace. I've got Diaz by decision here. This fight will be a competitive scrap, but I think the younger and fresher Diaz will set a pace that the older Campbell can't keep up with.

Imperius3
The fight will be on March 8th in Cancun. The winner could face the winner of Casamayor-Katsidis.
D-MARV
Juan Diaz by late stoppage!!!! 11TKO
Juan's intense pace will be too much for the old man!

Also I thought the WBC ordered an immediate rematch between Joel and Cruz, since that fight had such a shitty decision! I scored that fight 117-110 for Cruz! Not even Close.
BoxingStill#1
Juan Diaz by late round KO or perhaps, proberbly more likely, a TKO. Regrdless definately a stoppage of some type due to his persistant work rate. Than finally someone can dethrone the undeserving pound for pound king in that division casamayor. Not to mention Diaz has alote more to lose here than Campbell including his unblemished record of 33-0........Cambell with an disputed record of 31-5-1D I think.....
BigG
Campbell fucked up against a C level fighter in Peden...but at least he has somewhat improved since then and beat the DOGSHIT out of one of the most overhyped prospects at the time, Kid Diamond.

To be honest, I like both guys but I just gotta roll with Diaz in this one. Late stoppage or UD.
kidbazooka1
Good fight but Diaz pressure would prove to be too much for Campbell.

Daiz by late rd stoppage.
Southeastpaw
I like both of these guys. And I would favor Juan, BUT I would not sleep on Campbell. I would not be surprised one bit to see Campbell get a victory. I think that Juan is going to be too busy for Campbell but will not stop him. Campbell carries very good power and can rise to the occasion. He is one of those fighters I believe. He needs a real challenge in front of him to really shine.
BigJuicyHog
I think that Diaz will dominate this fight with volume and accurate punching. Campbell will struggle to land his power shots and will quit in his corner around the 10th round.
BrutalBodyShots
Campbell is a solid B fighter... If Juan is an A fighter (or on his way to being one) he will win this fight. Good test though.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 2 2008, 06:04 PM) [snapback]373254[/snapback]
I like both of these guys. And I would favor Juan, BUT I would not sleep on Campbell. I would not be surprised one bit to see Campbell get a victory. I think that Juan is going to be too busy for Campbell but will not stop him. Campbell carries very good power and can rise to the occasion. He is one of those fighters I believe. He needs a real challenge in front of him to really shine.

Campbell definitly has a good chance, he has good power and speed so I do expect a tought fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
I remember seeing Diaz fight a Venezuelan fighter named Angulo, on the Briggs-Laikovich undercard. The guy went to Diaz's body pretty hard but it didn't seem to faze Diaz at all. I wasn't actually impressed with Diaz in that fight but then I saw Angulo fight on ESPN against an undefeated fighter and Angulo went at him like an animal and outhustled him. That's when I knew that Diaz wan no pretender.

So we know Diaz can take it to the body and we know that Nate abuses people down there. So Diaz is going to have to withstand some bobmbs to the midsection. But we also know that Nate can be overwhelmed by activity such as in the 2nd Peden fight. Sure, Campbell was boiling himself to make 130 at that time but Diaz just doesn't stop and he will make Campbell work all night long.

I expect some rought patches for Diaz from rounds 2-7 but after that he takes over.
Mixnutz
Diaz brings it to Campbell, stops him inside of ten rounds. Campbell is good, don't get me wrong, but Diaz is at his prime right now. Too bad boxing politics got in the way of a Diaz-Katsidis fight. That would have been a sight to see.
AussieLad
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 2 2008, 01:14 AM) [snapback]373140[/snapback]
Juan Diaz by late round KO or perhaps, proberbly more likely, a TKO. Regrdless definately a stoppage of some type due to his persistant work rate. Than finally someone can dethrone the undeserving pound for pound king in that division casamayor. Not to mention Diaz has alote more to lose here than Campbell including his unblemished record of 33-0........Cambell with an disputed record of 31-5-1D I think.....

Katsidis will beat down cassamayor before diaz gets a chance to lay a glove on him.

Hope nate can pull his shit together for the diaz fight and make it interesting. Diaz by TKO
PB_EDDIE
this is a cant miss fight - when the hell is this happening?
Southeastpaw
March 8th.
WindyCityP
Nate's chances have come and gone. Too old too late. Diaz KO7
dj necrogenic
Juan will KO Nate halfway through the fight. Nate is best when he can punch and use the ring... But against Juan he's not going to have that. Juan will be in his face the whole time throwing mad punches... Nate will crumble under the pressure.
SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 1 2008, 11:27 AM) [snapback]373109[/snapback]
The fight will be on March 8th in Cancun. The winner could face the winner of Casamayor-Katsidis.

will this be on HBO ?

HBO loves Baby Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.