Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Sr.: "Lil Floyd about to get his ass tore up man!"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
MAYWEATHER SR.: “LIL FLOYD ABOUT TO GET HIS ASS TORE UP MAN!”

World-renowned trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. had a lot to say about the recent rumors of his son possibly entering the sport of mixed martial arts. “They ain’t going to need a referee because he’s going to tap his own self out,” he stated as he made it clear that Lil Floyd would be making a big mistake. You don’t want to miss what else he had to say in this exclusive, must-read interview. Check it out!

read more
PR316
I can't respect any man who lives off his own son's name. A true low life and scumbag.
Douchebag
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 2 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]373204[/snapback]
I can't respect any man who lives off his own son's name. A true low life and scumbag.

I don't see how he is living off of his PBF's name.
The CEO
I will peek at any Big Floyd chat that gets in front of my eyes....I can't help it.

He's a fucking mess. Can you imagine the crazy shit that runs through that guy's head..?

laugh.gif
Elijah
Words of wisdom from the Predator.

Dude is entertaining to say the least.
BGv2.0
Holy shit.....that was a funny ass interview! That shit had me rolling! IMHO the Dude ain't speaking nothing but the truth!
BoxingStill#1
As much as I'd like Id like to disagree with SR, he's telling the God's honest truth. A little rough around the edges, a bit harsh so to speak...but nevertheless the truth. PBF would be in a world of trouble if one of them characters took him to the ground. A point that I havent even thought of that SR made is the fact that this could, in fact, be dangerouse for PBF career! What if he did get an arm broke, or tore a ligiment in his elbow or something....Like I said in the last forum, and ones alike, too dangerous,...hope he does'nt go through with this.
WolfishPromistah
Big Floyd's a trip. Thanks for that interview. And I love what he says about Big Len being the butt-boy to Floyd, as well as Floyd's potential future plans that sound quite crazy. I mean, why go out of your depth in what you are clearly a master at to something you won't be, to a master level at so late in life? No pain, no gain is the reasoning I guess. But I'm with Big Floyd on this one. I am telling PBF he needs to keep his a$$ at home [in boxing] since he don't seem to know what's good for him. He's gon' find out though soon enough, ending by messing up all the easier money against other champions he "coulda" made right here.
BigG
I hope Floyd does stay away from MMA. Its not his thing. Simple as that.

I like Floyd..but I would be dissapointed if he retired without fighting Miguel Cotto.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 2 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]373204[/snapback]

What? Where did that come from?? What are you talking about?
Chi-Town
Another good point that Sr made was that if Floyd would just shut his mouth and act normal he wouldn't have to resort to crazy stunts like this, he could be making serious endorsement money if he wanted to.
BrutalBodyShots
Floyd will never fight in a MMA contest... I wish all of this talk would stop already.

and the NEW
Yeh, its simply hype from Floyd.

How can a man who has boxed his entire life, compete against men who have fought MMA their entire life.

Thats like Barry Bonds saying his entering a professional golf tournament! Some similarity, but not his craft.

Floyd will try and manage MMA fighters, teach them boxing skills, but no way he steps into MMA personally. He is just trying to make a bit more cash out of something else. Its typical of Floyd.

Big Floyd, what a mess that guy is! He is an absolute loose cannon!
dbdbdb
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Jan 2 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]373303[/snapback]
Yeh, its simply hype from Floyd.

How can a man who has boxed his entire life, compete against men who have fought MMA their entire life.

Thats like Barry Bonds saying his entering a professional golf tournament! Some similarity, but not his craft.

Floyd will try and manage MMA fighters, teach them boxing skills, but no way he steps into MMA personally. He is just trying to make a bit more cash out of something else. Its typical of Floyd.

Big Floyd, what a mess that guy is! He is an absolute loose cannon!

On Point!!! "and the NEW"

I agree, floyd seems to be on a huge money mission. With Mayweather Promotions entering the forum of promotions, they will need alot of venture capital and floyd is pretty commited to that end. So, if he has to do this or that to gain exposure & eventually gain some money .... he's going to do it.

On Sr.

I don't think I've read an interview where he hasn't focused or mentioned the accomplishments of his son. {Wether the interviewer leads him in that direction is irrevelant} And I recently came to realize why ..... PBF is Floyd Sr.'s claim to fame. As long as PBF is successful, he will to some degree be successfull as well by clinging on to that coattail. And the off-repeated statement "I taught lil floyd everything he knows about boxing" has worn severely thin. Especially since Roger M. has been training PBF for almost the last 10+ years. At what point does Roger get some credit from Sr.??? {Probally Never}

Now I don't want to take anything away from Sr. {Maybe he is a good trainer} because many have benefited from his understanding. But, the fact is many seek his services now mainly because of the success of PBF {Which cannot be attributed solely to Sr.} So, reading his comments is at the very least entertaining, but his comments are often based on his selfish views and inability to give credit where it is honestly due.

Personally, I have a very low opinion of Floyd Sr. and I doubt that will ever change, because it is unlikely that he will ever change.
PR316
This guy cannot do one interview without trashing or without mentioning his son's name in any way, shape, or form. He's a bitter old man who never made it to the levels of success that his son did, and because he wasn't there for it, I think he's bitter. He wants to believe that his son's success is entirely because of him but while he may have trained him as a kid, its been Roger who took him to the top.

Yayweather has no class and is a classic case of sour grapes. His act wore thin with me a long time ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.