Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official FHWeBL Comeback Fighter Of The Year 2007 VOTING Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Here it is, the official voting in the FHWeBL 2007 Awards!

It is time to place your votes on the FHWeBL 2007 Comeback Of The Year!

The Nominees are......

Zab "Super" Judah
Judah started his career losing back to back decisions to future 2 Division World Champion CyruS "Running Man" ViruS. He later picked up a win against the walking door-mat Herrera and then Zab found his way into a World Title match with Wolfgang Georg Hegel which Zab ended up losing. Zab would then get knocked out 3 straight times by Former or Future World Champions in Manchez, Maussa & Cotto. After the Miguel Cotto knockout loss, Zab found himself on a 3 fight winning streak until he ran into Future World Champion Mike Taylor who knocked Zab out in 9. Not one to go away, Zab challenged Taylor to a rematch and proceeded Taylor from what Zab would say "A BK STYLE BEATDOWN!" with a UD win. Zab and Taylor would fight again in a third fight 2 weeks later and Zab ended up knocking Taylor out in 2. Since getting knocked out by Taylor in their first fight, Zab found himself on a 4 fight win streak and a World Title match against his brother Jabdiel Judah, Zab ended up knocking him out for his first World Title in the first round. Zab ended up losing the title on his first defense to his old rival CyruS "Running Man" ViruS. Since that fight, Zab went on another 4 fight win streak including revenge KO on Wolfgang Georg Hegel and a knockout victory over Former World Champion Ronald Hearns. Zab then ran into Former World Champion Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson and got knocked out in the 8th and then he fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. and got knocked out in the 12th. After those 2 fights, Zab found himself on a 5 fight win streak including a revenge knockout over Carlos "El Apostle" Maussa. Zab found himself in a World Title match against his old rival Mike Taylor who was fresh off of upsetting the #1 Pound for Pound Fighter In The World Roland Navarette for the Jr. Welterweight Title. Zab ended up giving Taylor another BK style beatdown to win the World Jr. Welterweight Title for a second time before dropped the title a week later to Miguel Cotto in an action packed fight where Zab ended up getting knocked out in the final round.

Terrence "Ten Count" Tunney
Tunney started his career as a dominate Light Heavyweight. He found himself in a World Title match against Larry Johnson and won with a knockout in the 11th. In his first defense he fought to a draw with CyruS "Big N Tall" ViruS but took care of business in their rematch with a MD. Going into the first Butkiss fight, Tunney was the dominate undefeated Light Heavyweight Champion but got knocked out in the 8th round. Wanting to stay in competition, Tunney then went on to fight "Big N Tall" to another draw but later fought him and won via UD. Tunney then found himself in a fight with Future World Champion Jean Pascal and got knocked in 11th and then lost another fight this time Briana Banks by a close UD. Tunney found himself on a 2 fight win streak until he had a rematch with Bobby "Tick Tick" Boome a fight where he won easily the first time around but this time got knocked out in 11. Still with all that, Tunney found himself in a World Title match with a Touch oF SleeP trained Butkiss. Tunney wanting to make a splash, went into the fight trying to upset Butkiss but found himself knocked out in the 3rd round. Tunney realizing he needed to take a step back and take a few confidence building fights found himself in a fight with Oxy-Con-Mon, a 4 foot 10 inch 139 lb. fighter who had a record of 1-8-0 1KO going into the fight. It was supposed to be a massacre and it was, only Oxy-Con Mon was the one to massacre Tunney in one round. The result of that fight put Tunney in a downward spiral, he got kicked out of his gym and found himself addicted to heroin. It wasn't until Fight Promoter and Manager Blayde, found the Former Light Heavyweight Champion in the gutter, screaming out for another fix that Tunney found new life. Blayde paid for Tunney's rehab and with a few choice words and excellent promoting skills, Blayde put Tunney in the ring with ABC Light Heavyweight Champion Jeff "The Genesis" Ghusson. Some thought this fight would be disaster for Tunney who hadnt had a fight in a month and was addicted to Heroin but Blayde put all his confidence in Tunney and it paid off. Tunney upset Ghusson for the title with a close but clear UD. Tunney became champion again.

-------------------------------
It's time to place your votes for the comeback fighter of the year!
BigG
Judah!

You forgot his revenge TKO over Freddy McPheerson...

Although coming back from an embarrassing defeat at the hands of a 139 pound mental midget to beat the man at Light-Heavy is a big accomplishment...laugh.gif
Maxy
Tunney's story is brilliant! thumbsup_anim.gif

Cyrus, you've done a top job with all of these voting threads. Nice one.
CyruS
Thanks Maxy. I put in some work with all these. I'm tired laugh.gif
BigG
Me
Cyrus
Maxy
Blayde
C.E.O
Gost
Al Hata
BigJuicyHog

EVERYONE MUST VOTE so we can get the results..

There should be at least 8 votes in each poll
CyruS
I have't voted for this thread yet. I just don't know who to pick, it's a tough choice. laugh.gif I'll have to think on it some more.
BigJuicyHog
I picked Tunney. Judah coming back from a bad beginning was good, but going from getting KOed by a midget to beating the LHW champion who was much higher rated and after a long layoff if pretty impressive.
BigG
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
CyruS
Hog makes good points.......

But still..... I just don't know..... laugh.gif

I need more time laugh.gif
BigJuicyHog
Sorry Big G, but that what I think. Judah had a long road to the top and has stayed there. Tunney went from Champ, to Nobody, to Champ again in just a few fights.
Al Hata

I'm not voting for this one.

First of all, Judah is a Sith lord, he isn't getting my vote for any award.

Second, Tunney would get WAXED in a rematch with the Genesis.....We got caught looking ahead, give us another shot and Tunney's career is over again.
BigG
laugh.gif Judah hater....

Look at how much RJ improved since he joined Judah in the dark side.

Jones KO 5 Tunney. It's going to be the WeBL version of Jones-Kelly.

Jones will give The Genesis a rematch when he wins but The Genisis might want to avenge that loss to no chin Tunney.
Blayde
QUOTE(CyruS @ Jan 2 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]373267[/snapback]
Hog makes good points.......
But still..... I just don't know..... laugh.gif
I need more time laugh.gif

I dont know either dntknw.gif

I mean Tunney got knocked out by Oxy-Con-Mon, his career was over and then he beat The Genesis. But Zab is Zab, you know biggrin.gif Hes a legend and this award was chosen because he deserved one.
CyruS
QUOTE(Blayde @ Jan 3 2008, 04:58 AM) [snapback]373310[/snapback]
I dont know either dntknw.gif

I mean Tunney got knocked out by Oxy-Con-Mon, his career was over and then he beat The Genesis. But Zab is Zab, you know biggrin.gif Hes a legend and this award was chosen because he deserved one.

Exactly.

I still haven't voted dntknw.gif
BigG
It doesn't matter if Zab losses....the man is legendary either way...but look at Zab's career....from a crackhead bum at the start of his career....to world champion..from crackhead again...to world champion again...to owner of his own gym...the man has a 60 foot rural of himself in his gym. And one more thing...TUNNEY IDOLIZES ZAB... read his page.

Tunney has one huge comeback...Zab has about two smaller ones..

When Tunney became a heroin addict in the streets, after that embarrassing loss to the mental midget known as Oxy-Con-Mon, Blayde must've told him the tails Zab Judah's career. The must have fired him up. Just think about it...

laugh.gif

BTW, after Judah-Collazo...Judah will have two more fights after this...The opponents are Cotto and Running Man.

Remember when Judah said he was going to close his career with performances you will never forget..starting with the McPheerson fight? Judah wasn't fucking around. Collazo is dead.
Blayde
Oh my god ohmy.gif

So Judah is ducking Tunney, not going to fight him at 154? ohmy.gif
BigG
Oh thats still on. But Tunney is gonna get so messed up against Jones, he might be damaged goods after that fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.