Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's On! Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > MMA Leagues
TheWhiteBuffalo
After a many delays, cancellations, and contract negotiations, the fight has finally been signed!

On Feb. 16th on Elite XC the veteran UFC Warrior Tank Abbott will take on the street fightin' Kimbo Slice. I am extremely pumped for this upcoming brawl. We will see many questions answered about Kimbo in this one.

Can he stand toe-to-toe and brawl with Tank? Can he withstand a clean shot to the chin? Will Kimbo try and take this one to the ground?

I realize that Tank's best days are behind him, but I would LOVE to see the UFC legend end his career with a clean KO of this Kimbo punk. WAR TANK!!
thehype
LOL.

Now why does Kimbo have to be the "punk"?

Truth be told, I think Tank Abbott is much more of a "punk" than Kimbo is.

I don't think you're going to see any questions answered about Kimbo in this one simply because Abbott doesn't really have enough tools to really test him.
Blayde
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 5 2008, 04:42 PM) [snapback]373482[/snapback]
Will Kimbo try and take this one to the ground?

Unfortunately I think thats gonna happen.
BigG
Tank? Has that guy won a fight recenlty? In his prime, he was getting beat by just about every live body he ever fought.
Southeastpaw
I would like to see Tank KO Kimbo, but I highly doubt this is going to happen. Kimbo looks to be in fantastic shape. Bas seems to think he is the real deal. And I believe Bas to be a pretty respectable, knowledgeable guy when it comes to this sport. Tank has looked like total garbage lately.
Douchebag
Kimbo is the real life STREET FIGHTER. Respect the beard bitches. lol
AussieLad
tanks got the power to KO anyone if he lands one, beard or no beard... LOL. I dont think kimbo's defence is all that great.

But tanks conditioning must be shocking by now, and he is old as the hills. And if kimbo has picked up any ground skills at all, if he takes tank down its over.

I hope this remains standing and is a bombs away affair. Would love to see tank lanbd that kill shot. If they had met on youtube, where its mostly a stand up bare knuckles boxing match, kimbo would have been put to sleep by the tank. I mean, who has kimbo beaten? Mercer and a couple of bum civilians? Dont Make me laugh
AussieLad
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 5 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]373537[/snapback]
Kimbo is the real life STREET FIGHTER. Respect the beard bitches. lol

I'm sure old tanks has put a few people to sleep on the bitumen in his time, its just a pity no camera was there
tonywithfighthype
Kimbo via murder.
BigG
Yeah, same here. I want to see him getting battered.

But Tank was picked for a reason. He is a name and he hasn't done shit in like...forever.

Kimbo will beat him via ground n pound.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 6 2008, 01:07 AM) [snapback]373637[/snapback]
Yeah, Ray Mercer and now Tank Abbott. Matching him against known names that aren't shit very well. Kimbo is nothing but a fraud who is impersonating a mediocre fighter. I already seen him lose to some struggling cop/mma fighter with his crew trying to make up rules as they go, saving his ass from getting beaten a few times who in the end still lost.
Fucking scum bag. Too much of a bum that can't get a fighting career the right way because he is in jail, and in the end challenges average joes to illegal street fights, and then puts them on the internet for suckers that actually buy into his shit. He is pure hype and I can't wait for him to get beaten like a red headed step child.

Are you disrespecting the Beard?
Southeastpaw
I'm starting to think that Kimbo may be the real deal. Of the fights that we have seen from him regarding MMA, the 2 fights have ended too quickly to really determine what all-round MMA skills Kimbo does or does not possess. I have been wanting to see Kimbo get KTFO as well. But from what I understand, he has been progressing quite well in the gym. And he is a natural fighter anyhow. Many street fighters have made successful; transitions to boxing or MMA. Kimbo is being trained by Bas Ruten, and Bas feels that he is the real deal and is going to progress to the point where he will give anyone fits at HW in MMA. I cannot tell either way just because Kimbo has ended both his fights very quickly thus far. We will all get a better idea after we have seen him fight more than a minute I'm sure. Which I doubt the Abbot fight is going to last 30 seconds.
BigG
And Buffalo...please never call Tank Abott a legend again....laugh.gif
TheWhiteBuffalo
Anybody who watched Kimbo's last fight on Showtime knows that the sh*t was fixed (Butterbean style). Kimbo managed to knock the guy out in less than 20 seconds without even landing a clean punch. BIGTIME Con job.

Tank will not take a dive and he will give Kimbo hell for the first round. Let's just hope Tank can get him outta there quick.
BigG
I'm rooting for Tank as well.....He's a crazy fat drunk with heavy hands....I just think he is too old.
Douchebag
Kimbo is going to come to the Music of DJ Khaled's "I'm So Hood". And KO that white supremacist Tank Abott. Kimbo do it for the hood. LOL
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 8 2008, 09:58 AM) [snapback]373996[/snapback]
Kimbo is going to come to the Music of DJ Khaled's "I'm So Hood". And KO that white supremacist Tank Abott. Kimbo do it for the hood. LOL

Got any proof to back up a statement like that one? Nah.....didn't think so.

By the way, don't go buying into the "hood thing". Kimbo isn't promoted, trained, or managed by anyone that comes from the hood. Color don't mean a thing, both Kimbo and Tank will both be red by the time the fight ends.
Douchebag
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 9 2008, 01:31 AM) [snapback]374056[/snapback]
Got any proof to back up a statement like that one? Nah.....didn't think so.

By the way, don't go buying into the "hood thing". Kimbo isn't promoted, trained, or managed by anyone that comes from the hood. Color don't mean a thing, both Kimbo and Tank will both be red by the time the fight ends.

I't doesn't matter who promotes kimbo. Kimbo can't do anything but be hood. You don't know about that so just leave it alone. Thats why tank (Looks like a skin head and acts like skin head and thats all I nee to know) is going to loose. Respect the hood. lol
Southeastpaw
Tank became a white supremist????????????????

Southeastpaw
Kimbo is not just hood, he is straight up ghetto....Man's head probably weighs in at about 50 lbs alone with all that metal in his grill.
TheWhiteBuffalo
I just saw some footage of Tank training. He actually is in good shape for this fight and will come into the cage around 250lbs (down from 302lbs). I think this will be a huge advantage for Tank.

Let's all remember that Tank has fought on the ground with some great fighters (Taktarov, Shamrock, etc). While Tank is not a great ground fighter, he SHOULD be able to defend chokes and submissions from someone limited as Kimbo. I do not have much faith in Kimbo's cardio, so this fight is a total toss up.

I gotta say that Tank is training hard, and that means Tank will be very determined. WAR TANK!
ElectricTwinkie
Tank is not what he used to be. This is a loaded statement as I have always believed his knockouts were pure luck that a haymaker thrown wildly connected with anything...

Tank past: bell rings, swing for the fences for 15-20 seconds
A.. knockout and Tank wins
B.. Tank gasses, and stands there like a wounded pelican waiting to be run over by a Japanese tuna trawler.

Tank present: bell rings, Tank thinks it's the phone and Meals on Wheels calling
A.. gets hungry
B.. gets angry after seeing no Meals on Wheels
a. pounds Kimbo into next week with a lucky haymaker
b. gets caught by one of Kimbos 3 MMA tricks and taps
C.. looks around for a beer.

Kimbo of the past: fight untrained guys in someone's backyard
A.. knocks them in to next week
B.. fights an MMA fighter with significant traiing and experince and suffers a "draw"

Kimbo of present: trains with Bas Rutten and learns how to say "BAM BAM BAM!"

Stamina is the name of the game here kiddies, as either of these fighter has the knockout power to make Hersheys regret opening a Canadian headquarters in the heart of Nestles country.

If Kimbo is wise he'll take this to the ground where Tank is only familiar with after a drinking binge and bar stool failure.
streetlion1
laugh.gif Anyone who actually believes old man Tank has a chance is crazy! He is gonna be the one ending up getting knocked out. Tank in his prime wasnt that good! Now im not huge on Kimbo....but Tank doesnt have a shot. The fight I wanna see made down the road is Slice v.s. Lesnar!
TheWhiteBuffalo
Tank is 42. Now granted, Tank is not a Randy Couture, but 42 is not the old geezer that you want to paint him. A 42 year old slugger is not old. Tank's style gives him a chance. He never depended on quickness, agility or ground game. If Tank lands clean....Kimbo goes night night.
Douchebag
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 15 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]374898[/snapback]
Tank is 42. Now granted, Tank is not a Randy Couture, but 42 is not the old geezer that you want to paint him. A 42 year old slugger is not old. Tank's style gives him a chance. He never depended on quickness, agility or ground game. If Tank lands clean....Kimbo goes night night.

If Kimbo lands clean Tank goes back to the ritirement home.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 16 2008, 08:13 AM) [snapback]374917[/snapback]
If Kimbo lands clean Tank goes back to the ritirement home.

And if Tank lands clean, he'll knock the beard hat off of Kimbo's head.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 15 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]374898[/snapback]

And everyone forgets about Tank's past fights on the ground with guys lightyears better at MMA than Kimbo. Frankly Kimbo's "ground game" is like watching a Grizzly bear hump a catfish. Is Tank's better? NO

But everyone also forgets that Kimbo recognizes superior strikers. Case in point: Kimbo vs Mercer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZWQn-Rvg-U

Kimbo takes Mercer to the mat immediately.

I think that's whats going to happen here too with Tank.
Douchebag
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 16 2008, 10:03 AM) [snapback]374923[/snapback]
And if Tank lands clean, he'll knock the beard hat off of Kimbo's head.

If Kimbo lands clean he going knock whats left of teeth in.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 16 2008, 10:50 AM) [snapback]374931[/snapback]
If Kimbo lands clean he going knock whats left of teeth in.

I have read that Kimbo was homeless before getting involved in street fighting.....

If Tank lands a clean shot, Kimbo will be safe and warm, drinking out of a straw in an assisted living home for the rest of his years.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 16 2008, 10:10 AM) [snapback]374924[/snapback]
And everyone forgets about Tank's past fights on the ground with guys lightyears better at MMA than Kimbo. Frankly Kimbo's "ground game" is like watching a Grizzly bear hump a catfish. Is Tank's better? NO

But everyone also forgets that Kimbo recognizes superior strikers. Case in point: Kimbo vs Mercer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZWQn-Rvg-U

Kimbo takes Mercer to the mat immediately.
I think that's whats going to happen here too with Tank.

Hey ET,

If you notice in that clip of Kimbo vs. Mercer, at no point in time did Kimbo have control over Ray. Mercer could roll, stand up, and pretty much move anywhere he wanted. Kimbo's choke was an impressive surprise, but I clearly notice how Kimbo did not control the fight on the ground. If a severely limited Mercer can throw Kimbo off, surely Tank has the skill to gain control and Ground -n- Pound redneck style! drinks.gif
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 16 2008, 11:27 AM) [snapback]374935[/snapback]
Hey ET,

If you notice in that clip of Kimbo vs. Mercer, at no point in time did Kimbo have control over Ray. Mercer could roll, stand up, and pretty much move anywhere he wanted. Kimbo's choke was an impressive surprise, but I clearly notice how Kimbo did not control the fight on the ground. If a severely limited Mercer can throw Kimbo off, surely Tank has the skill to gain control and Ground -n- Pound redneck style! drinks.gif

very true. I don't think Mercer understood the "groundfighting game" and Kimbo still looked like a flounder caught between a laffy taffy and paperclip factory. Bas must be very proud of his student. With Tank's experience on the canvas, he'll give Kimbo fits trying to control him.

just because Tank doesn't like being on the ground doesn't mean he can't understand how it works.

I will be hoping to see a slugfest! thumbsup_anim.gif

TheWhiteBuffalo
And either way, win or lose, we get to hear the greatest line in all of MMA......

"When I lose, I go out for a beer, and the guy that beats me goes to the hospital". - Tank Abbott
TheWhiteBuffalo
This was posted on the net showing Kimbo's last fight. It is DEAD ON and shows what a fake Kimbo really is. Watch the .gif several times:

http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uplo...bo-cantrell.gif

1. The first uppercut that everyone thought "rocked" Bo, hit him in the armpit. His shoulder was fine and no injuries have been reported.

2. The next punch hit him in the upper chest, Kimbos upper forearm hit Bo in the head.

3. The elbow that everyone said put him on the floor grazed his head. If you look at the GIF you can see his head barely even flinches when he is hit. It does not jerk towards the side or forwards. If a hard elbow like that really hit flush the persons head would bounce around a bit or at least jerk towards the oposite direction from the impact.

4. You can also see he put up no defense and did not try to protect himself from the eblow. Kimbo had all day to set it up.

5. Once the elbow landed Bo then dived on the matt and started tapping.

6. Bo was then hit in the back of the head as Kimbo pounced on him causing his face to bounce off the mat and put a red mark on his head. (not really Kimbos fault, he was following up).

7. Bo was not rocked. He had no cuts on him. He had almost no bruising. He was not injured.

Bo Cantrell simply did not want to be in there. He took the fight for the payday and probably knew himself he was going to throw the fight so he could get out as soon as possible. This is not Kimbos fault. If anything it cheats Kimbo from really proving himself. However all of the fanboys who say Kimbo is a monster and could knock out anyone in the HW division need to really shut up. Kimbo still has a lot to prove. It's a shame Bo went out like such a bitch. Kimbo is not "legit" yet. Hopefully they put him in there with Silva so we can see a good fight.

edit in: Oh and about the elbow.

If the Elbow landed flush on the side of his head to do enough damange to put him down, he would have at least a bruise. The side of Bo's head was not even red let alone bruised. Sorry but if you really get eblowed in the head by a 240 pound man, you will show visible damage from it.

streetlion1
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 16 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]374935[/snapback]
Hey ET,

Slice has more power...more quickness...youth on his side....now his ground game might of looked rusty but what do you expect from a guy who is basically an MMA rookie? He is only gonna get better...while Tanks retirement is gonna turn into a nursing home stay! I see him winning via K.O... black eye.gif his lame redneck ass is gonna need all the beer he can get! black eye.gif
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 17 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]375011[/snapback]
Slice has more power...more quickness...youth on his side....now his ground game might of looked rusty but what do you expect from a guy who is basically an MMA rookie? He is only gonna get better...while Tanks retirement is gonna turn into a nursing home stay! I see him winning via K.O... black eye.gif his lame redneck ass is gonna need all the beer he can get! black eye.gif

More power?? LOL.....that is funny. Kimbo is 33, so we are not talking a "spring chicken" here either.

After the smoke clears, that beer drinkin' redneck will show the world how a "haymaker" can change everything.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 17 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]375011[/snapback]

I'm not sure how you can say that Kimbo has more power. I have seen many of Kimbo's internet fights and he does cut people up badly, but how often had he knocked someone out cold? Also I remember Kimbo getting floored by a very fat bouncer whose punch did not look all that powerful. Of course Kimbo got back up to win, but if that guy could floor Kimbo, I am positive Tank could with much more authority if he lands clean. While I am picking Kimbo to win, if Tank lands first and clean, Kimbo will go down. But I do feel that Kimbo is faster and sharper and will land first. That is why I have him to win. However, if Kimbo lands and it has little affect on Tank at first and Tank lands clean after, we most likely will see Kimbo laying on his back eating some bombs.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 17 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]375053[/snapback]
I'm not sure how you can say that Kimbo has more power. I have seen many of Kimbo's internet fights and he does cut people up badly, but how often had he knocked someone out cold? Also I remember Kimbo getting floored by a very fat bouncer whose punch did not look all that powerful. Of course Kimbo got back up to win, but if that guy could floor Kimbo, I am positive Tank could with much more authority if he lands clean. While I am picking Kimbo to win, if Tank lands first and clean, Kimbo will go down. But I do feel that Kimbo is faster and sharper and will land first. That is why I have him to win. However, if Kimbo lands and it has little affect on Tank at first and Tank lands clean after, we most likely will see Kimbo laying on his back eating some bombs.

Tank land first? No way is Kimbo just gonna stand back and trade shots...he is gonna move quick on the inside..short powerful hooks...Tank isnt gonna be fast enough to land a clean blow unless some how he ends up on top of Slice. I think its over Tank KOed in 1st round!
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:08 PM) [snapback]375302[/snapback]
Tank land first? No way is Kimbo just gonna stand back and trade shots...he is gonna move quick on the inside..short powerful hooks...Tank isnt gonna be fast enough to land a clean blow unless some how he ends up on top of Slice. I think its over Tank KOed in 1st round!

Stand back? That's not Kimbo's style at all. He's going to come out swinging, Tank is going to come out swinging and they'll meet in the middle of the cage with a thud. Much like Chester Cheetah and The Rice Krispies Hamster incident of 1976.

It will be interesting to see in the flurry of punches who steps back first. Tank has no reverse gear on his wheelchair but has nothing to lose and everything to gain. All the pressure is on Kimbo!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 21 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]375869[/snapback]
Stand back? That's not Kimbo's style at all. He's going to come out swinging, Tank is going to come out swinging and they'll meet in the middle of the cage with a thud. Much like Chester Cheetah and The Rice Krispies Hamster incident of 1976.

It will be interesting to see in the flurry of punches who steps back first. Tank has no reverse gear on his wheelchair but has nothing to lose and everything to gain. All the pressure is on Kimbo!

LOL!!!!!!!! ET, finally someone on these damn boards that has a pulse!!!!!! drinks.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 21 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]375869[/snapback]

re-read what I put down....I didnt say Kimbo would stand back...I said he wouldnt stand back
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:08 PM) [snapback]375302[/snapback]
Tank land first? No way is Kimbo just gonna stand back and trade shots...

Perhaps if it were worded better I would not have misunderstood? fuck.gif thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 21 2008, 04:03 PM) [snapback]375919[/snapback]
Perhaps if it were worded better I would not have misunderstood? fuck.gif thumbsup_anim.gif

laugh.gif Yeah...or perhaps if you could read fuck.gif
Southeastpaw
This is how it all started right here. Almost took place in the parking lot supposedly. lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5g_MF_it3UM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.