Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judah & Margarito April 26
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lilpoppapump
B-talk is reporting this fight is on for April in Atlantic City. If this is true I can't wait. Props to both for taking this fight
BigG
I dont like this fight for my boy Zab. He needed a break. And reports are he didn't look too hot in his last fight vs. a bum.

Margarito will stop him but I'll be rooting for Zab the whole way.

WAR ZABBBBB!
kidbazooka1
Judah is gonna recieve an old fashion beat down by the hands of Margarito.

Margarito by TKO in 8.
lilpoppapump
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 5 2008, 05:07 PM) [snapback]373520[/snapback]
I dont like this fight for my boy Zab. He needed a break. And reports are he didn't look too hot in his last fight vs. a bum.

WAR ZABBBBB!

I agree I like Zab and I'll be rooting for him but I don't know if he can pull it off. He needs to go to the body early!
Southeastpaw
Thia could very possibly be a career ending fight for Zab. But I'm with george on this one. I will be rooting for Super Judah.
The Original MrFactor
Margarito cant beat Zab... With his slow wide swinging punches. Zab is just gonna sit back and counter him all day. Zab by UD...
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jan 5 2008, 04:15 PM) [snapback]373527[/snapback]
Margarito cant beat Zab... With his slow wide swinging punches. Zab is just gonna sit back and counter him all day. Zab by UD...

Why did Baldomir beat Zab the? Baldomir is slow like Margarito, except not as big and less power.
Blayde
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 5 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]373520[/snapback]

WAR ZABBBBB!

I also agree. Man, why cant he just move back down to 140.
JD
I like Zab and find him to be a frustrating fighter...which is why I do not like this fight for him.

Zab knows this is basically his last chance, and I expect him to be at his best - but I also expect him to get stopped, and potentially ruined with this stoppage and the Cotto beating coming within a 12 month span.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Blayde @ Jan 5 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]373531[/snapback]
I also agree. Man, why cant he just move back down to 140.

Im pulling for Zab!
If tony's chin wasn't so damn good then I would say Zab by 6TKO! But Zab is going to catch him with everything and Tony will keep coming! Tony by Late Stoppage!
Douchebag
If I where Zab I would go in there and try KO Tony in the first round and if that doesn't work I would concentrate on body punches for round 2-6 and then box my way to a decision. This is the only way that I can see Zab winning this fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 5 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]373529[/snapback]
Why did Baldomir beat Zab the? Baldomir is slow like Margarito, except not as big and less power.

If you knew me, you'd know that I made that statement with a huge dose of sarcasm. There is no way Zab wins this fight. This fight may end his career. I'm with the thinking of other posters in this thread. Zab should go back to 140 and rule the division... He's waaay to small for 147...
Mixnutz
I agree with the OG MrFactor, there is no way in hell that Judah wins a fight with Margarito. Zab showed balls in his loss to Cotto but THAT Zab almost never shows up.

Margarito will punish Judah before finally stopping him in the late rounds.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jan 5 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]373544[/snapback]
If you knew me, you'd know that I made that statement with a huge dose of sarcasm. There is no way Zab wins this fight. This fight may end his career. I'm with the thinking of other posters in this thread. Zab should go back to 140 and rule the division... He's waaay to small for 147...

lol My bad.

Now, some of the posters think that Judah should go all out for the KO, and/or work the body. I do not think it would be wise for him to go all out in the first round. If Zab can get some focus and plan for the fight going the long haul and prepare for pressure, he may be able to pull this off. In no way should he LOOK for a KO in this bout. Who knows though. Judah was in hostile territory when he fought Spinks the second time and did very well. I am hoping that he will fight as if there is no pressure on him in this one. He is expected to lose, so that might actually play into his favor.

I am still picking Tony by stoppage, but there is a slim chance of Judah pullin this out. I believe it all boils down to his mental state come fight night. If he somehow can get his head straight and move well in this fight, he can win. And what a boost this would be for his confidence and career. This is definitely the career fight for him now, IMO. This one is either going to save him or BREAK him. If I had to put money on it, I would say that it is going to break him, but am hoping for a revival of Zab "SUPER Judah.
BigG
the size difference is quite huge. Margs is 5'11 and Zab is 5'6. If Judah boxes he will crumble under the pressure after 4 or 5 rounds. He might dominate the first 3, but we saw what happened against Cotto and Floyd when they pressured him.

I think Judah best chance is to land something huge early like what he did vs. Cosme. I would have really liked Zab to fight guys like Malignaggi or Hatton but Margarito stylewise is all wrong Judah.

But do I expect Judah to rock Marg's early? Yes I do. It will be an exciting fight. Judah's pop/speed/talent makes him very exciting to watch and Margarito will be in his face.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 5 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]373560[/snapback]
lol My bad.
Now, some of the posters think that Judah should go all out for the KO, and/or work the body. I do not think it would be wise for him to go all out in the first round. If Zab can get some focus and plan for the fight going the long haul and prepare for pressure, he may be able to pull this off. In no way should he LOOK for a KO in this bout. Who knows though. Judah was in hostile territory when he fought Spinks the second time and did very well. I am hoping that he will fight as if there is no pressure on him in this one. He is expected to lose, so that might actually play into his favor.

I am still picking Tony by stoppage, but there is a slim chance of Judah pullin this out. I believe it all boils down to his mental state come fight night. If he somehow can get his head straight and move well in this fight, he can win. And what a boost this would be for his confidence and career. This is definitely the career fight for him now, IMO. This one is either going to save him or BREAK him. If I had to put money on it, I would say that it is going to break him, but am hoping for a revival of Zab "SUPER Judah.

The reason why I think that he should go for the KO early (only in the first round) is that its probably his best chance at an impressive win over Tony. Something that he desperately needs right now. If this fight gets dragged out it is only going to favor Margarito so Zab should try for KO early and if not just try to out point Tony. It's really the only shot that he has. To be honest I see this fight ending the same way Cotto-Judah ended.
Southeastpaw
Judah definitely has pop. But I think it is being a tad overrated here, especially against Margarito. I have seen Margarito get hit clean many times by powerful hitters and Zab is not going to be able to get him outta there in one round with the power he has. He was hitting Cotto clean early and was not able to put him on the canvas, there is not way he is going to put Margarito on the canvas in the first. This is why I think his best shot is to box. He can move well when he is focused and his speed is unmatched. If he came in with the right plan and mindset, he could box to a victory. Unfortunatley I do not see this happening. But you never know. The tools are there.

AussieLad
Zab needs to strip down to 140. He will get badly hurt vs margarito. He cant stop marg, and he will fold down the stretch if he tries to box. Bad move for zab, but credit too him for taking a dangerous fight
Douchebag
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 5 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]373564[/snapback]
Zab needs to strip down to 140. He will get badly hurt vs margarito. He cant stop marg, and he will fold down the stretch if he tries to box. Bad move for zab, but credit too him for taking a dangerous fight

I agree! To be honest he should be trying to fight Malignaggi right now.
BigG
That is a fight I'd LOVE to see. Very interesting fight stylewise.
dbdbdb
HORRIBLE MOVE FOR ZAB and his management. thumbsdown_anim.gif

I give zab points for heart and courage, but he's going to get killed in there. Not a smart move for whomever's managing him. He needs a few morale boosters at this point in time, not one ass-whipping after another.

Zab will dance and connect from rd.1 thru rd.3 after which and when he tastes Margaritos power, the ass-whipping will commence. Zab doesn't have the concentration & focus to pull this fight out and I can't understand anyone picking him to upset.

Margarito: Relentless, strong, big and throws punches in bunches.
vs
Judah: Inconsistant, strong for his size, loses focus at cruial points during the fight, combinations are far & few between.

Even on paper this is a mismatch ............ Wait till the fight begins, and you'll witness how HUGE a mismatch this really is.

Margarito by stoppage or KO.
rusty_trombone
This is a bad matchup for Judah, god I hope he kicks Tony's ass though. Judah just got himself a die hard fan unless he loses, then I'll be a fan until April 27th.

C'mon Judah win it for your white t-shirt posse in the BK
BrutalBodyShots
This fight is a career-ender for Zab. I can't believe he's taking another big fight. It will look like man against boy in there being that Judah is a 140 pounder and Margarito is a big welter.

dbdbdb
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 6 2008, 12:58 AM) [snapback]373632[/snapback]
I'm actually liking Zab more and more as fighter. I just find Zab so unique in a sense that he continues to go for the toughest fights which shows that he believes in himself mentally, nobody takes the fights he does thinking they can't win, but once the fight begins he sometimes breakdown or loses focus.
I swear this is guy is like a small version of Mike Tyson. They have so many similarities as fighters (not talking about there actual style) but the way they conduct themselves in the ring, they have similar ring mentality and the waste of talent part. Very similar, but much respect to Zab for taking another tough fight, I will be rooting for him hard.
I am picking Margarito and I really shouldn't think twice, but I keep going back and not writing Zab off completely in this fight. I think he might actually do a whole lot better than people expect.

You made some very valid & good points there Fitz. But the thing is, in this stage of Zab's career, you want to put him in there with opponents that he would have a very good chance of beating. And this isn't the case here. Zab, though very talented has had a string of really bad losses and mediocre wins. If you're steering your fighter towards the top again, you don't keep putting him in the lions den, until you fix what is broke. And the issues zab has aren't being addressed and in the meantime his manager\father is constantly trying to catapult him back to the top by fighting the toughest one after another.

That's poor management!

Sure zab has demonstrated alot of heart & talent in the ring. But after the baldomir fight, they should have recongnized right away that he had some baad habits that need to be corrected before he reclaim any position at the top. But they did the very opposite and pushed to fight the toughest title holders hoping he will get a lucky shot in. And when that didn't happen, he was in the middle of a real fight and took a serious beating.

If this does come off, it will end zab's career as a contender and make him the guy whos name it would be nice to have on your resume. WHAT A WASTE OF PURE RAW TALENT AND SKILL!!!!!!! AND THIS IS HIS IDIOT FATHER'S FAULT, IMO.
BigG
Exactly. Zab has only lost HOFers (Floyd/Tszu) and P4Pers in their prime (Cotto/Spinks). And yeah, he did lose to Baldo.

But Judah can have success at 140. He has VERY winnable fights for him there. In fact, I'd favor him over every champion.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 6 2008, 02:41 AM) [snapback]373646[/snapback]
Exactly. Zab has only lost HOFers (Floyd/Tszu) and P4Pers in their prime (Cotto/Spinks). And yeah, he did lose to Baldo.

But Judah can have success at 140. He has VERY winnable fights for him there. In fact, I'd favor him over every champion.

140 is where he belongs and yes, I think he would clean out the division. But his management has it stuck that he belongs at welter and that's where he losing both fights & time. Sure, that's where the big paper is, but if you can't compete with the bigger guys, then you make a move back to where you can be king. aka Hatton.

His next fight should be a 140 {Where he belongs} not with a huge welterweight such as margarito. That's insane!!!!!
BrutalBodyShots
I really think Margarito would put a worse beating on Judah than Cotto did. At least with Cotto, a guy who's chin was a little questionable Zab had that punchers chance of connecting and getting him out of there. Against Margarito I don't even see that as a possibility. I think the Tyson parallel to Zab is a good one, because everyone knew that if Tyson didn't have you out of there in 4 or 5 rounds that he was going to lose (a past prime Tyson that is, and we are dealing with a past prime Judah as well). From here on out Zab's team needs to avoid putting him in there with iron-chinned opponents, because IMO those are the type that will beat Zab 9 times out of 10. Baldomir is a good example - he brings NOTHING to the table other than a good chin. If he had a weak chin, Judah would have had him gone by mid fight before his shot his wad and lost focus. My point is that Margarito is EXACTLY the opponent that Judah SHOULDN'T face.
PrfPmp
Does anyone else see the possibility of Margarito bullrushing Judah as he said he would do to all opponents following his loss to PW? I can see Margarito getting him out of there in 2 or 3 rounds.....like someone else said, its almost like a man vs a boy and Judahs defense is not world class. If Margarito comes out swinging, I think the first round would be a round of the year type with Judah being worn out and stopped by the 2nd or 3rd
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(PrfPmp @ Jan 6 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]373703[/snapback]
Does anyone else see the possibility of Margarito bullrushing Judah as he said he would do to all opponents following his loss to PW? I can see Margarito getting him out of there in 2 or 3 rounds.....like someone else said, its almost like a man vs a boy and Judahs defense is not world class. If Margarito comes out swinging, I think the first round would be a round of the year type with Judah being worn out and stopped by the 2nd or 3rd

Possibly, Judah could get caught cold and finished early but I think while he's fresh early he'll avoid enough heat from Margarito to extend the fight past the 3rd for sure.

Spreadking3rd
Zab's last fight was cool. He was fighting this guy Davis outside, and it started raining. They were fighting in a misty rain. I can't remember ever seeing a fight where the guys were brawling in the rain. Zab couldn't get the guy out of there, and it was a rough fight.

Zab is gonna have trouble hurting Margarito and keeping Margarito off of him. Margarito wins.
WolfishPromistah
One thing I will always give props to "Super" Judah on: that boy does NOT get tired of a$$-kickings, don't care what! He just refuses to leave loyalty to his daddy alone. Man, I'm telling you it's gonna be too late for 'im to make that change soon enough -- for his own good; may already be if he keeps up this road. He, by NO means, shape or form, at this time, has what it takes to go as long as what did Paul Williams against Margarito; that is unless he makes some life changes -- LoL!

I just can't see it -- but...dead meat.

"If he came in with the right plan and mindset, he could box to a victory. Unfortunatley I do not see this happening. But you never know. The tools are there." But the hope is not. [smh]
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 5 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]373573[/snapback]
I agree! To be honest he should be trying to fight Malignaggi right now.

Judah stops Malignaggi...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jan 5 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]373580[/snapback]
HORRIBLE MOVE FOR ZAB and his management. thumbsdown_anim.gif

I give zab points for heart and courage, but he's going to get killed in there. Not a smart move for whomever's managing him. He needs a few morale boosters at this point in time, not one ass-whipping after another.

Zab will dance and connect from rd.1 thru rd.3 after which and when he tastes Margaritos power, the ass-whipping will commence. Zab doesn't have the concentration & focus to pull this fight out and I can't understand anyone picking him to upset.

Margarito: Relentless, strong, big and throws punches in bunches.
vs
Judah: Inconsistant, strong for his size, loses focus at cruial points during the fight, combinations are far & few between.

Even on paper this is a mismatch ............ Wait till the fight begins, and you'll witness how HUGE a mismatch this really is.

Margarito by stoppage or KO.

This is NOT a mismatch. Judah has the skillset to beat Margarito...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(PrfPmp @ Jan 6 2008, 09:35 AM) [snapback]373703[/snapback]
Does anyone else see the possibility of Margarito bullrushing Judah as he said he would do to all opponents following his loss to PW? I can see Margarito getting him out of there in 2 or 3 rounds.....

No. Margarito is too slow to catch Judah early....
Douchebag
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Jan 6 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]373735[/snapback]
Judah stops Malignaggi...

Which is why he should be trying to fight him.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Jan 6 2008, 02:36 PM) [snapback]373737[/snapback]

I feel this way in a sense as well. It is not the skillset that is concerning, it is the mindset. Judah has a definite advantage over Margarito as far as the skillset in concerned, however Margarito has the advantage with the better mindset. Where this really hurts Judah is that this sport is mostly a mental one.

But I am not ruling Judah out. As I said before. He is expected to lose, so this just may work in his favor in a sense with him going into this fight with no pressure on him really. If Judah is focused and on his A game, we could very well see an upset. Not at all out of the question. But this is a big IF.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Jan 6 2008, 02:36 PM) [snapback]373737[/snapback]

Judah has the skillset to beat alot of elite fighters out there. BUT ..... And I stress BUT, he doesn't have the "MINDSET" to utilize the skills he has effectively. I don't care and history has proven that it doesn't mean shit to have all the talent and skills in the world if you don't possess the MINDSET and toughness of mind to bring it all under intelligent control.

And judah has thoroughly demonstrated that he clearly doesn't have the focus & consentration to win against tougher opponents. This is based NOT on speculation, but on Zab's history. And this late in his career it is both unlikely and impossible for him to change with the team he has around him.

So could have, would have, and if's don't come into play here. Judah will NOT beat margarito, not because he doesn't have the skills .............. He just doesn't have the mindset to do it. Mentally he will break down once margarito starts applying the pressure and starts connecting.

Judah's history teaches us this.

BigG

He does...but Judah is too small for Magrarito. I think Margarito is better than Baldomir..in fact..Margs is basically Baldo with except taller and with a bigger punch...but he should be able to stop Zab with contanst pressure. I hope Zab pulls out of this fight and fights Paulie. This is not a winnable fight for Judah and it might end his career...
Mixnutz
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jan 6 2008, 03:23 PM) [snapback]373749[/snapback]
Judah has the skillset to beat alot of elite fighters out there. BUT ..... And I stress BUT, he doesn't have the "MINDSET" to utilize the skills he has effectively. I don't care and history has proven that it doesn't mean shit to have all the talent and skills in the world if you don't possess the MINDSET and toughness of mind to bring it all under intelligent control.

And judah has thoroughly demonstrated that he clearly doesn't have the focus & consentration to win against tougher opponents. This is based NOT on speculation, but on Zab's history. And this late in his career it is both unlikely and impossible for him to change with the team he has around him.

So could have, would have, and if's don't come into play here. Judah will NOT beat margarito, not because he doesn't have the skills .............. He just doesn't have the mindset to do it. Mentally he will break down once margarito starts applying the pressure and starts connecting.

Judah's history teaches us this.

Exactly! If Judah had his mind right he could be a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunatly he seems disenchanted during the course of fights and that is why he ends up with a loss to Baldomir. Still there is no way in hell that Judah pulls off a win against Margarito.
The Original MrFactor
Zab's mgmt should have been calling out The Magic Man or even hatton. Lord knows hatton could use a tune up type fight. Hatton/Judah would be an intriguing matchup to say the least. I think its very winnable for Judah. If he wanted a WW fight, why not Collazo?? Margarito is a horrible matchup for Judah. He's gonna go to sleep within 5 rounds... Somebody call Frank Perdue!!!!!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 6 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]373761[/snapback]
He does...but Judah is too small for Magrarito. I think Margarito is better than Baldomir..in fact..Margs is basically Baldo with except taller and with a bigger punch...but he should be able to stop Zab with contanst pressure. I hope Zab pulls out of this fight and fights Paulie. This is not a winnable fight for Judah and it might end his career...

Awwww man Baltizaar is alot better than Margarito... After all, he was the linear champ and worthy of a huuuuge payday against the p4p greatest to ever lace them up...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 6 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]373744[/snapback]
If Judah is focused and on his A game, we could very well see an upset. Not at all out of the question. But this is a big IF.

That's the problem though... you have to throw out the "A game" qualifier when picking Judah's fights. Same way people do it with Rahman. Point is you can't expect the "A game" when these guys have proven multiple times that they more often than not leave it behind when fighting at the top level.

salvador
B-talk says this fight is in the works, but I haven't read anywhere that it's been signed.

If Judah takes this fight, then his legacy will be secured win or lose. It's dumb as hell and I find it impossible to believe that he'll actually go through with it, but if he gets in the ring with Tony, then God Bless Zab Judah.
BigG
Judah definitely has pop. But I think it is being a tad overrated here, especially against Margarito.

It definitely should not be underestimated...even by Margarito.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-vv1zud24w...;watch_response

But, Margarito is a tough cat who has the chin and toughness to stand up to some blows. But I dont know though man....what if Margarito walks into an uppercut early ala Cosme Rivera or Cotto? Wouldn't be surprised to see him shaken up by those. I remember him being stunned twice in round 1 by Daniel Santos.

But I guess that's the best Zab could do in this fight. Rock him early..then fade after 5 rounds...then get stopped late.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:10 AM) [snapback]373818[/snapback]
But I guess that's the best Zab could do in this fight. Rock him early..then fade after 5 rounds...then get stopped late.

Exactly.

streetlion1
I love Zab but this fight is all wrong for him. Unless he shows he can fight all 12 rounds there is no reason to beleive that he can win, even against a guy as slow as Margarito. He wont have the power to put Marg. down his only chance would be to use speed and counter his way to a win. I dont see that happening since he has folded in just about every fight during the last 6-7 rounds in the past few years. What he needs to do is go clear out 140 and sit on the throne there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.