Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Malignaggi vs. Ngoudjo: Round by Round/Postfight (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This thread is for comments about all of tonight's action in the IBF Jr. Welterweight Title Fight Between Malignaggi vs. Ngoudjo. Catch on-going round by round results here beginning at 8 PM CST. Link to our round by round homepage below:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...5eadc441ea15953

Keep all comments about the fight in this thread. Duplicate threads will be closed.

Jack

Administrator

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
GO PAULIE!!!! Always been a big fan of his, and hopefully he'll keep his title run going tonight.
Jack 1000
Could we see any surprises here other than a UD for Paulie? If so, what do you think?

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got this fight 38-38. Malignaggi did a really good job frustrating Ngoudjo with his movement and nice jab in the first two rounds. Ngoudjo has taken the last two rounds though. He's landing some really nice right hands, and is taking it to Malignaggi. He's making this a good fight. Paulie isnt active enough, and hopefully he picks it up.
stateofthegame
Paulie is hurt in round 7
stateofthegame
Pauie is losing the fight and Buddy McGrt keeps telling him he is winning.
flazi
he was hurt bad but Ngoudjo doesn't know how to finish.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea Paulie got back on that stick in rounds 5 and 6, and he took those rounds. He was moving well too. He stood still though for a bit and got caught with a couple huge right hands. He was hurt, but he's still alright. Really close round 8, but Ngoudjo took it at the end with a couple right hands, and a left hook. Ngoudjo has neutralized Paulies jab, and he's tentative to throw it now. I got it 76-76, should be a good last four rounds.
Kyle
stateofthegame
I got it 77-75 NGoudjo
stateofthegame
86-85 Ngoudjo
stateofthegame
95-95
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Malignaggi had a really good 9th round. Finally kept that jab in his face, but Ngoudjo keeps coming. He's not active enough on the inside, and is getting tied up. In the 10th Paulie is controlling the pace again with some jabs, and has landed a couple uppercuts. Ngoudjo is nowhere near active enough to win rounds. He landed a couple nice rights in the 10th, but not enough. Ngoudjo is the agressor though, so these rounds are hard to score at times. I got it 96-94 Malignaggi going into the championship rounds.
Kyle
stateofthegame
105-104 Ngoudjo
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ngoudjo finally got a little more active on the inside in rd 11. Landed a couple body shots, but Paulie keeps tying him up on the inside. Ngoudjo finally got busy on the inside, as Malignaggi didn't throw his jab or move enough. That was definitely his round. Should be a good 12th round. 105-104 Malignaggi
flazi
i gave ngoudgo the 11th and so far the 12...
flazi
the ref sucks by the way
stateofthegame
I got it 115-113 NGoudjo, but I have a feeling Paulie is going to win a UD.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ngoudjo took the 12th round as well. He was just more busy than Paulie. Paulie moved a little more in the 2nd half of the round, but he didn't do much. Ngoudjo put in some good body work in the 12th, and landed a couple nice rights. I got it 114-114 a draw. Quite a few close rounds though
Kyle
stateofthegame
I don't have a problem with Paulie winning, but 116-111 is a little biased IMO.
flazi
i had it a draw also.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea no doubt 117-111 is a harsh score, and giving all the benefits to Malignaggi. There were a lot of close rounds in there though. I had it a draw, but could of seen it either way. Malignaggi is a good fighter, but he still has a long ways to go. Looks like the N'Dou rematch is next. Hopefully, that will keep him busy, and maybe Hatton somewhere down the road.
Kyle
stateofthegame
It got worse, 117-111. That guy is blind, along with Franklin McNeil
stateofthegame
I think he will beat NDou again, but he will have to go to England to face Hatton and Hatton will be too rough and beat him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It ain't just the Cotto fight that made me a fan of Paulie. I've liked him ever since he beat Kevin Watts on ESPN almost 5 years ago. He's a really good fighter, and is quick and slick. Ngoudjo is a good fighter, and could of been overlooked going into this fight. I want to see how he looks in his next fight to judge how he'd do against Hatton. He didn't look sharp tonight, but he hadn't been in the ring for 7 months. It was a good fight tonight.
Kyle
stateofthegame
Fitz

I have always liked Paulie, but even I said he was going to get hurt against Cotto. I feel the same against Hatton and right now he is at the top of a division that just is not in play at the moment. The Days of Mitchell, Tszyu, and Judah are gone. The time frame had solid champions and solid contenders. 140 does not have that at the moment. IMO
JackSlack
Very close fight tonight, and it was a good fight for boxing fans as well.
A draw or one point either way seemed like the score, IMO.
Good ring action, both guys were in shape and came to fight.

BigG
I always knew Paulie had skills but I was sold on him after the Cotto fight. I had picked Cotto to stop him in 7 or 8 before the fight. Paulie showed us that he had guts and heart that night. Paulie went in against a monster...cut in the first round....knocked down...jaw broke and knocked down in round 2...busted up...and he still won rounds against Cotto...about 4-5. He's a tough guy with skills..he's great to watch.
PR316
To me, Paulie looked rusty. He misjudged alot of slow shots that he normally wouldn't get caught cleanly with. I definitely feel that he won the fight close but clear. But had he had more activity behind him, I think he probably would have pitched a shut out against this guy.

Not a bad fight. But I think Paulie's average performance can be attributed to ring rust.
Mean Mister Mustard
The Canadian announcers think Ngoudjo got robbed. These guys are very biased, the fight was horrible to watch.
Jack 1000
I had it 6-6 a draw, 114-114 on the point system. However, Ngoudjo looked very tough in giving a solid effort. 115-113 for Malignaggi was ok, 116-113 might have been a little biased, but 117-111 (corrected from announced 116-111 card) for Paulie was ridiculous.

Jack
Southeastpaw
Malinaggi needs to lay off the caffeine. He is like a jittery little squirrel.

I could not believe that Herman was a 6-1 underdog in this fight. The fight was very close with quite a few rounds hard to score. But I think the unanimous decision with two of the scorecards as wide as they were was biased bull. I think people get drawn into Paulie's big ass mouth and flashy style. I heard that someone or some people were comparing him to Pep. LOL! People are quick to jump on someone aren't they??? Paulie showed grit against a weight drained Cotto, but I really don't think he is of an elite class in the sport, nor will he ever be.
BigG
Now the next fight for Paulie might be D-Hop....thats a good fight.
hitman harding
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 6 2008, 01:52 AM) [snapback]373631[/snapback]
Now the next fight for Paulie might be D-Hop....thats a good fight.

He needs to stay away from Junior Witter and Ricky Hatton both will destroy the over rated hype from NY. Too his credit he took some big punches in the 6th round and was experienced enough too weather the storm.
D hop will also beat Paulie IMOA
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 5 2008, 10:24 PM) [snapback]373611[/snapback]
See guys. This is why you don't jump on fighters nuts for good losing performances. People thought because he looked "great" in getting his ass beat by Cotto, he is a very good fighter, would beat Hatton etc. Only rate fighters on good wins, not losses.

Soo true, a loss is a loss and if you're losing you can't just checkout and quit. So you have to take a loss like you take a win. He had no choice but to show heart against cotto, because he ran his mouth endlessly before the fight. So IMO he showed heart ..... but he doesn't get any xtra points as a loser.

Zab did the same thing with cotto, stating that cotto wasn't in his league and he would punish cotto. Once all that shit is out, you have no choice but to take your ass-whipping like a man. Another losing effort that gets no xtra points from me.

QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 5 2008, 10:33 PM) [snapback]373617[/snapback]
To me, Paulie looked rusty. He misjudged alot of slow shots that he normally wouldn't get caught cleanly with. I definitely feel that he won the fight close but clear. But had he had more activity behind him, I think he probably would have pitched a shut out against this guy.
Not a bad fight. But I think Paulie's average performance can be attributed to ring rust.

Yeah he definately didn't look like the paulie that fought cotto. Alot of ring-rust. And herman was catching him constantly with wild shots from off the floor.

QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 6 2008, 12:09 AM) [snapback]373628[/snapback]
I had it 6-6 a draw, 114-114 on the point system. However, Ngoudjo looked very tough in giving a solid effort. 115-113 for Malignaggi was ok, 116-113 might have been a little biased, but 117-111 (corrected from announced 116-111 card) for Paulie was ridiculous.

Jack

Another condemnation of the flawed judging system used in boxing. No way could anyone but a paid blindman could judge that fight lop-sidded.

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 6 2008, 12:34 AM) [snapback]373629[/snapback]
Malinaggi needs to lay off the caffeine. He is like a jittery little squirrel.

I could not believe that Herman was a 6-1 underdog in this fight. The fight was very close with quite a few rounds hard to score. But I think the unanimous decision with two of the scorecards as wide as they were was biased bull. I think people get drawn into Paulie's big ass mouth and flashy style. I heard that someone or some people were comparing him to Pep. LOL! People are quick to jump on someone aren't they??? Paulie showed grit against a weight drained Cotto, but I really don't think he is of an elite class in the sport, nor will he ever be.

6-1 was way off. Herman, from the 6th rd. on started winging too many shots. He got too excited when he started catching paulie and loss his technique. Otherwise it would\should have been alot closer on the cards {Excluding the paid-off judge who saw 116-111.

Paulie = Reincarnated Willie Pep {Total Nonsense}
stateofthegame
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 6 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]373651[/snapback]
Exactly, but the difference between Zab and Paulie is that Zab has proven himself and had at least a good win against Spinks. People were jumping on Paulie because of a loss and only that loss because he was brave. He has never had a good win prior to that and still doesn't.

Sounds a lot like everyone's heavyweight hero, Vitali Klitschko.
Mean Mister Mustard
Paulie showed us that he is not an elite fighter. With his lack of punch you would expect him to be a defensive wizard. He showed some good movement but his accuracy sucks. He did not land many clean flush shots on Ngoudjo and his jab, which was supposed to be his main weapon, was ineffective. He showed no versatility either. His whole game is jab,jab and a shitty right hand. When that didn't work against Ngoudjo he resorted to holding. Where were his hooks and uppercuts?

He gets beat by Hatton although he would do better against Hatton I believe because he could catch the Brit jumping in with his chin untucked. He would not be able to catch Witter with his one dimensional attack.
Elijah
Somebody said PM is "great to watch". Hahhaha, he sure as hell wasn't last night. He was holding an awful lot and if he wasn't doing that then he was constantly backing up and now throwing anything while doing so. I remember him just a couple of weeks ago trash talkin Hatton saying Hatton held too much.

Pot this is kettle.

Basically all you have to do is shut this guys jab down and he's pretty much worthless.

Fight was much closer than what one of the judges scored it. You knew that by the look on "growing up gottis" face when they were announcing the scores.

This guy hasn't done much to impress me as of yet.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Elijah @ Jan 6 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]373740[/snapback]
Somebody said PM is "great to watch". Hahhaha, he sure as hell wasn't last night. He was holding an awful lot and if he wasn't doing that then he was constantly backing up and now throwing anything while doing so. I remember him just a couple of weeks ago trash talkin Hatton saying Hatton held too much.

Pot this is kettle.

Basically all you have to do is shut this guys jab down and he's pretty much worthless.

Fight was much closer than what one of the judges scored it. You knew that by the look on "growing up gottis" face when they were announcing the scores.

This guy hasn't done much to impress me as of yet.

Exaclty Elijah, all Paulie has is that jab. He has no hooks and his right hands is like a wet paperbag. People give him credit for lasting the distance with Cotto but like in the Ngoudjo fight he spent the whole fight holding.
BoxingStill#1
A complete joke of a performance. The only credit I give him is how he was so honest during the interveiw. I am a Malnaggi fan,...he earned alote of my respect from the Cotto fight, he had a pefect game plan against Lovemore. He just did'nt show up for this guy. I knew Ngoudjio's power was going to be hurdle,...but after seeing his chin from Cotto, I did'nt think it was a big one! We almost saw an upset! If he wasnt the perfered fighter, we all know it would have alote closer than the judges called it. Based on this fight, the champ has alote of work to do for the upcomming names. Any pound for pound fighter in that division, with the exeption of Hopkins will beat Paulie at this juction. Hatton will make light work of Pauli. Even Zab is entirely too dangerous for Paulie.
streetlion1
Ngoudjo was robbed thumbsdown_anim.gif Cant wait to see Paulie get destroyed by someone else!
BigG
I think Paulie edged it out by a point....But Ngoudjo certainly rocked him for a split second in round 7. He had a tricky quick right hand and Paulie did show some nice defense at times but it wasn't one of his better performances. Herman is a very good fighter who can certainly be champion in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.