Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye-Maccarinelli to be televised on Showtime
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Elijah
"SHOWTIME will televise the big cruiserweight title unification fight between world champions David Haye (WBA, WBC) and Enzo Maccarinelli (WBO) scheduled for Saturday, March 8, from the O2 Arena in London. SHOWTIME will televise the fight on a same-day delay basis with Steve Albert and Al Bernstein calling the action from London. The executive producer of the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast will be David Dinkins, Jr. with Bob Dunphy directing. "This is a match-up that we simply could not pass up," said Ken Hershman, SHOWTIME senior vice president and general manager, Sports and Event Programming. "Stylistically, this fight sets up to be an all-action barn burner. Add to that the unification of three out of four world titles and you've got a fight fans dream come true."

I'm not familiar with either of these guys. I think I've seen Haye before but don't remember much about him. If anyone is familiar with these two let me know why this should be such a great fight.
BigG
I got Haye by HUGE KO in roudn 5....but Enzo can punch as well...Still I think Haye is quicker.
Jack 1000
Wonderful news!!!!!

Thank you Showtime! The only downer is there won't be a live call. Our board is great with not giving out Spoilers without notifications. The problem is that other sites aren't so good with restricting Spoilers. Showtime could have done this at a 4pm live call. (As they should have.) But at least we are getting it. What a fight this is! This is the UK version of what Marquez-Vasquez means in its intensity. The reason is because both Haye and Macarinelli can turn fights around and even end them on one punch. I have seen Haye several times. What is known about Macarinelli?

Jack
Jack 1000
Just need an update guys,

Is this going to be tape delayed or live? If it is going to be live, I would presume it would be at 4PM CST, or will they do it at 8PM with it being 1AM in the UK? I was wondering if the info in the press release has changed. Let us know. Thanks.

Jack
Maxy
I was under the impression that the fight was going to be at 2am (UK time) to enable live television coverage in America but I could be wrong although that was what they originally announced over here. Haven't checked since the fight was made though so things may have changed.

It should be a great fight whilst it lasts. Haye has been talking big about winning inside the first round, whereas Maccarinelli claims he'll knock Haye out late in the fight. Enzo has the better stamina but David is faster and arguably hits slightly harder. If it does go into the later rounds I think Enzo will pull it off but I doubt that'll happen and I see Haye winning inside 5 rounds.

However, Haye admitted he was killing himself to make Cruiser for the Mormeck fight and said he'd never do it again. Enzo is comfortable at the weight and that could make all the difference.
Douchebag
Now if only somebody can pickup the Matt Godfrey vs Rudolf Kraj fight they could build a real buzz for the cruiserweights.
Blayde
Unfortunately even here in Germany there will be either nothing or at least a recap of Kraj-Godfrey. Could be so nice if this fight was in the US and televised on FNF, Shobox or whatever.
ROLL DEEP
I want Haye to win, but got a horrible feeling Enzo is gonna catch him.

Haye maybe carries a bit more bang and is slicker then Enzo....but I do worry about his stamina. Especially after taking a few heavy shots.

Can't wait for this one!
Jack 1000
Fightnews in addition to promoting Marquez-Vasquez replays, is saying this fight will be shown live at 8PM CST on Showtime, and at 2 AM in England:

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headl...AZIXxVPudh.html

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm wondering whether Haye will be weakened by making cruiserweight.
Nobudius
Showtime is on a roll here.......
Maxy
I'm pissed off that the fight is between two UK boxers who are fighting in England but it's not on until 2am just so Americans can see it live at 8pm.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 5 2008, 11:04 AM) [snapback]381283[/snapback]
I'm pissed off that the fight is between two UK boxers who are fighting in England but it's not on until 2am just so Americans can see it live at 8pm.

Ditto.

It sucks balls.
gods son
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Mar 5 2008, 11:29 AM) [snapback]381286[/snapback]
Ditto.
It sucks balls.

blame FWANK warren !!
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 5 2008, 11:04 AM) [snapback]381283[/snapback]

I definitely feel ya. But I have a question. Does Showtime broadcast to the UK as well? I really don't know. I was under the impression that Showtime was a US company that catered to mostly the states. If this is the case, then I understand why the fight is going to be shown at 8pm in the states. This is a Showtim fight and they have to do what is best for the majority of their customers. However, if there are a great deal of Showtime subscribers in the UK, then I wouldn't understand the delay.
gods son
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Mar 5 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]381315[/snapback]
I definitely feel ya. But I have a question. Does Showtime broadcast to the UK as well? I really don't know. I was under the impression that Showtime was a US company that catered to mostly the states. If this is the case, then I understand why the fight is going to be shown at 8pm in the states. This is a Showtim fight and they have to do what is best for the majority of their customers. However, if there are a great deal of Showtime subscribers in the UK, then I wouldn't understand the delay.

the haye-mac fight is a co-feature..

showtime (for US) and Setanta (for Uk/Europe).

Frank Warren sold rights to Showtime, for them to play it on prime time US.
Byrd Man
If David Haye bets Mac, is Warren going to retire? Haye said in an interview that Warren said he'd quit the sport if Haye beat Mac. Haye figures that was probably because Warren never thought Haye would agree to fight Mac.

Haye has a fantastic line about this:

A victory for Haye on Saturday could have even further-reaching effects on the British game.

“Frank Warren said he’d quit the sport if I ever beat Maccarinelli,” Haye continued. “We’d just like to remind him of that comment. Maybe he only said it before because he knew the chances of me accepting the fight on his terms were zero and nil. Is he willing to keep to his promise now that the fight is finally on?If so, he better get down the job centre early Monday morning.

taunt.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Mar 6 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]381399[/snapback]
If David Haye bets Mac, is Warren going to retire? Haye said in an interview that Warren said he'd quit the sport if Haye beat Mac. Haye figures that was probably because Warren never thought Haye would agree to fight Mac.

Haye has a fantastic line about this:
taunt.gif

Hahaha.....

Someone who lives in London have a drive around the McDonalds on Monday morning....see if you can see Frank!

Maxy
There is some concern at the moment as to whether the fight will happen or not. Haye is angry that the weigh in time has been moved 3 hours further along than was originally agreed and Frank Warren is saying that if David doesn't turn up on time for the new weigh in, the fight is off.
Byrd Man
Think Warren is afraid of Haye winning?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.