Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh man here we go...TYSON wants return and with Hoyfiled!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
gods son

"IRON" MIKE TYSON: "I'M GOING TO GO HARD AT IT ONE MORE TIME!"
By G. Leon

Tyson breaks silence, wants third fight with Holyfield!

In this must read exclusive interview that lasted over thirty minutes and can only be found on Boxingtalk.com, former undisputed heavyweight champion "Iron" Mike Tyson breaks his silence and answers all of the questions boxing fans want answers to. We were surprised to learn that Tyson will likely return to the ring later this year, as he expressed great interest in a third fight with former four time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield. Tyson was in rare form and you definitely don't want to miss what he had to say!

oh man, why mike why? the money , the money..

BigG
*TYSON! TYSON! TYSON!*

I'd actually pay to watch this fight....as crazy as it is.

Obviously for money. I at least hope he gets with Roach.
gods son
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 8 2008, 04:09 AM) [snapback]373971[/snapback]
*TYSON! TYSON! TYSON!*

I'd actually pay to watch this fight....as crazy as it is.

Obviously for money. I at least hope he gets with Roach.

yeah we all know the true build up for this fight, and Tyson can get some viewing figures in..lol

Remember when btalk was trying to set up a TARVER VS TYSON...sounds so bizarre right now!!
BigG
Tarver-Tyson would have been crazy...Tarver would have have TKO'd Tyson in the mid rounds via Tyson quitting.

The last time Tyson was in TV Tyson sparred with the one-eyed OVERWEIGHT T-Rex Sanders. He actually didn't look bad. He looked pretty quick.

All someone would need to do is get past round 2 and Tyson is done. Holyfield would kill Tyson today.

It's a joke..but I love watching Tyson fight. Even a shot one
gods son
Here is the full interview
Tyson breaks silence, wants third fight with Holyfield!
In this must read exclusive interview that can only be found on Boxingtalk.com, former undisputed heavyweight champion "Iron" Mike Tyson breaks his silence and answers all of the questions boxing fans want answers to. We were surprised to learn that Tyson will likely return to the ring later this year, as he expressed great interest in a third fight with former four time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield. Tyson was in rare form and you definitely don't want to miss what he had to say!

GL: My phone's been ringing with a couple of people asking me about you possibly fighting Evander Holyfield later this year. I didn't believe when I heard it, but now that I'm privileged enough to have you on the horn, can you tell us if that's something you're interested in?

Mike Tyson: "Sometimes I say yeah it is and sometimes I say it isn't. I'm in one of those up in the air moments. It's something I want to do it all depends on how many tickets (or millions*) are involved." Editors Note: Tickets are slang for millions of dollars.

GL: You've been talking to me about getting your personal life back together, you're about to get your house situated in Vegas. Can you describe the place your are mentally following all of the BS that has been going on the last couple of months?

Mike Tyson: "Greg I'm pretty down man. Everybody else thinks I'm on the uphill, but I'm feeling pretty down."

GL: Why?

Mike Tyson: "I don't know. I guess don't feel good. People look at materialism and think that's what makes people happy in life, you know?"

GL: What does it take to make you happy then? Obviously it's not material items.

Mike Tyson: "Having my sh*t fully together, my happines, getting all of my kids functioning together and having a relationship with all of them. You couldn't even imagine what it would be like to not have a relationship with all of your kids."

GL: I'm going to my own problems, but I'm sure you've got enough of your own that you don't need to hear about mine right about now.

Mike Tyson: "I do brother, so you know what I mean then, right?"

GL: I feel you with both hands on that one. But you know Mike, you don't really have to get back into the ring to make serious money. You could do a book, a movie...

Mike Tyson: (cutting in) "I'm doing all of that now though Greg, but listen Greg, can I tell you something? All of that stuff is good and there might be good money and stuff, but it ain't the same thing Greg."

GL: It ain't the same thing how?

Mike Tyson: "It's not the same as far as, and I know everybody is going to say don't do that again Mike, but it's not the same thing as thumping and rumbling and all of that sh*t."

GL: If you're at a point where one minute you want to fight and the next day you don't, it would appear that you are uncertain about stepping through those ropes again...

Mike Tyson: (cutting in) "Not really. Not really. My life is kind of steadfast. If I'm making money with an autobiography, or making money with a movie, all of that sh*t is slow compared to the fight business."

GL: Do you think you have the love for boxing to give the fight business a serious go?

Mike Tyson: "I can. I think I'm going to go at it hard one more time. To be honest Greg, I want to just get in the gym for three months and then see how I feel about it."

GL: Would you really entertain Holyfield Mike?

Mike Tyson: "It depends on the ticket."

GL: For those unaware of the vernacular of the ticket, a ticket is $1M. So it just comes down to the dollars and cents.

Mike Tyson: "Exactly."

GL: Anytime you put the names Tyson and Holyfield on a banner it's going to be a huge event, but based on Holyfield's last fight and your absence, don't you think a preliminary round that would feature you and Evander on the same card in winnable fights would make the fight bigger?

Mike Tyson: "Probably so, but I wouldn't want to do that, I want to go straight at him."

GL: Will you be able to deal with his rough house tactics? You know he's not going to change the way he fights.

Mike Tyson: "That's ok. I might change the way I fight."

GL: Is Holyfield the kind of guy that can get you up for a fight?

Mike Tyson: "He's the guy for me to fight and I could always get up to fight him. He's the kind of fight that could make me have an affair with boxing again. I don't know if I can fall back in love with boxing, but I'm ready to have a love affair for a few months."

GL: Do you have any thoughts the legal stuff you've gone through over the past couple of months?

Mike Tyson: "I don't think about that stuff. I needed the day off to get away from everybody."

GL: Have you been keeping your temple clean?

Mike Tyson: "I'm as clean as the board of health. "

GL: Has that had a positive impact on your mental state?

Mike Tyson: "I don't know, I'm more irritable, I noticed that."

GL: Now that you're as clean as the board of health, are you interested in pursuing commentating gigs?

Mike Tyson: "Nobody is interested in me in that field. I haven't seen any red carpets come out for me. I don't think anybody is looking for me in that perspective."

GL: Is that something you'd entertain if the red carpet were rolled out?

Mike Tyson: "It's not going to happen Greg, they don't feel me like that."

GL: Do you knock Holyfield out in the third fight?

Mike Tyson: "That would be my goal. If I get in there with him I'd just be looking to knock him out."

GL: Do you really think you can find what you once described as that sh*t that made you want to leave the ring a bloody mess with your opponents mother crying and screaming about their baby from ringside?

Mike Tyson: "I guess the best way to answer that is, I'm sorry madam. It looks like I'm going to have to."

GL: What kind of shape are you in now?

Mike Tyson: "Oh horrible."

GL: How long would it take for you to get in shape?

Mike Tyson: "Like I said, three months."
Imperius3
Tyson was fat as hell the last time I saw him, and he admits that he is in horrible shape right now. I think we all know Tyson shouldn't be competing anymore. Somehow I doubt we'll see Mike in the ring again. Holyfield would win though if the fight did happen.
JD
LOL...the worst.
Method
Tarver would have have TKO'd Tyson in the mid rounds via Tyson quitting.

Tarver would have been KTFO!
Fitz
Alright, we know nobody takes Tyson seriously anymore and Holyfield is shot, but lets say this fight does happen. How well do you think this fight would do in terms of PPV's etc? I think still a lot of people would get it.
Fitz
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 9 2008, 12:39 AM) [snapback]373984[/snapback]
Tarver would have been KTFO!

Yep, as shot as Tyson was. I still think he would have knocked out the Tragic Man.
gods son
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 8 2008, 08:47 AM) [snapback]373987[/snapback]
Yep, as shot as Tyson was. I still think he would have knocked out the Tragic Man.

agrees! Remember tarver was coming off fighting the great rocky balboa...look what hopkins did to him after!
Al Hata
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 8 2008, 08:47 AM) [snapback]373987[/snapback]
the Tragic Man.

laugh.gif
BigJuicyHog
Say it aint so Mike! Mike is probably my all time favorite fighter and it is tough to see him go into a fight, dominate for 2-3 rounds, then just fall apart over the next 2. Im sure he still has some decent hand speed, but he seemingly doesnt have the pop he once had. Obviously he should have knocked McBride out in less than a round. If he takes it very easy, he could make this a good money fight. If he goes at Holyfield right away, he is going to get busted up bad.
easywork
Sounds like Tyson needs money.
BigG
Mike didn't too look to bad in that exhibition he had with the half blind, overweight, Corey "T-Rex" Sanders. In fact, he looked quick.

Bring on Tyson-Bowe.
streetlion1
I would pay to see Tyson fight anyone! A fight with Holyfeild would be a perfect goodbye fight for both guys!
BigJuicyHog
Like I said, if he is going to take tuneups, he need to find people who are stilla fraid of him and willing to lay down. Anyone with a pulse and some size would beat him. Isnt it sad how far he has fallen...there is no way that people would be picking McBride and Tye Fields types to beat him even a few years ago, and look at him now.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(easywork @ Jan 8 2008, 10:00 AM) [snapback]374004[/snapback]
Sounds like Tyson needs money.

Cosign. UGGHHHH

Jack
The Original MrFactor
Sounds like mike's hittin the bottle... Wishe we could have heard the interview. Then we'd know for sure if his speech was slurred. I dont think he beats Holy today. his best bet would have been back in 1991 before prison...
Romulus9
I vote for a 4 man tournament.

Tyson fights Holyfield.
Larry Holmes fights Bowe.

Winners meet later in the year.

That's right. Let's give boxing a few more shots in the nuts. What the Hell?
BoxingStill#1
HA!,.....This just keep getting better!,...The Heavy weight division is already standing on its last leg,....Hey, what the hell,...lets have Forman fight the winner,...we can even let Lenox play ref....This is a complete joke!
BrutalBodyShots
LOL Holyfield/Bowe IV.

And Holyfield would win this time, making them 2-2, so they'd have to do the first part V in god knows how many years.

BigG
I'd rather see Bowe-Tyson more than Holyfield-Tyson III..
Col Reb
While we're at it, let's throw Tommy Morrison in the mix!
Fitz
I don't think there has been one serious response to the topic.
Fitz
Which shows how serious people would take this fight, haha.
BigG
My respons is very serious. I'd like to see Tyson-Bowe.
gods son
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 9 2008, 09:45 AM) [snapback]374070[/snapback]
My respons is very serious. I'd like to see Tyson-Bowe.

i would rather pay to watch mike tyson watch bowe vs holy 4!!! LOL..stole that one from DK.
Romulus9
I'd have no desire to watch Tyson-Bowe. As horrible and shot as Tyson is, he might kill Riddick Bowe. I'm not speaking allegorically either. Bowe, in the ring, literally dead. He sounds worse than Terry Norris now. If Bowe keeps getting in the ring, he'll end up like Jerry Quarry.

I'll take Tyson-Holyfield III.
iron_mike
I'm still stuck in 1986-1989. I paid for pretty much all his post jail fights. Also Spinks, Bruno and the 2 Ruddock fights, Even the Sanders debacle. Tyson can do his entrance in a walker with an IV tube and I'm still gonna order this IF it happens. As far as Bowe, it makes more sense for the Holyfield fight. It brings closure (somewhat) and I wanna see Tyson drop Holy like he would've in his heyday
JD
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Jan 9 2008, 11:39 AM) [snapback]374077[/snapback]
I'm still stuck in 1986-1989. I paid for pretty much all his post jail fights. Also Spinks, Bruno and the 2 Ruddock fights, Even the Sanders debacle. Tyson can do his entrance in a walker with an IV tube and I'm still gonna order this IF it happens. As far as Bowe, it makes more sense for the Holyfield fight. It brings closure (somewhat) and I wanna see Tyson drop Holy like he would've in his heyday

You're gonna be disappointed...just like you woulda been in his heyday.
iron_mike
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 9 2008, 12:13 PM) [snapback]374080[/snapback]

You don't think Tyson in 1988 even with Givens and Don King and Jacobs passing he could've kod Holyfield? You're out of your mind
xxxxxx
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 9 2008, 01:13 PM) [snapback]374080[/snapback]

I disagree, Tyson would have won a UD against Holyfield prime vs prime.
JD
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Jan 9 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]374085[/snapback]
You don't think Tyson in 1988 even with Givens and Don King and Jacobs passing he could've kod Holyfield? You're out of your mind

Could have? Sure. With his power, he could have KO'd anyone. It doesn't mean he would have as you initially stated. Could and would are vastly different words with vastly different meanings.

I am not sure if you know this, since you admit to being stuck in 1986 tongue.gif , but Mike Tyson was weak mentally - always has been, always will be. You have the benefit of hindsight here, and in turn, should use it. He was always a front runner, and when you could take punishment and give it back, he was going to be in for a fight, but you needed a chin and you needed balls to stand up to him. Most, as in the vast majority, were defeated before they even took the ringwalk...we all know that would not have been the case with Evander Holyfield. Further, even a young Mike Tyson was not a guy who stepped it up late in fights, Holyfield always has been.

Prime VS Prime, I think Holyfield outworks and out maneuvers Tyson in what would have been a great, great fight. No knock on Mike, who has now actually become underrated by many, but I think Holyfield would have beaten him.
iron_mike
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 9 2008, 12:49 PM) [snapback]374088[/snapback]
Could have? Sure. With his power, he could have KO'd anyone. It doesn't mean he would have as you initially stated. Could and would are vastly different words with vastly different meanings.

I am not sure if you know this, since you admit to being stuck in 1986 tongue.gif , but Mike Tyson was weak mentally - always has been, always will be. You have the benefit of hindsight here, and in turn, should use it. He was always a front runner, and when you could take punishment and give it back, he was going to be in for a fight, but you needed a chin and you needed balls to stand up to him. Most, as in the vast majority, were defeated before they even took the ringwalk...we all know that would not have been the case with Evander Holyfield. Further, even a young Mike Tyson was not a guy who stepped it up late in fights, Holyfield always has been.

Prime VS Prime, I think Holyfield outworks and out maneuvers Tyson in what would have been a great, great fight. No knock on Mike, who has now actually become underrated by many, but I think Holyfield would have beaten him.

How many late fights did a pre-champ Tyson have? Off the top of my head-Green-Tillis-Smith-Tucker-Ribalta, who Tyson hit with one of the cleanest uppercuts I've ever seen, even though Jose got up 2 seconds later. Now Prime '88 Tyson-on top of the world even with side distractions would ko Holy in 4-5. Yes Spinks had a huge load in his trunks in the dressing room, but if that Tyson showed up, Holy would be a goner. This is of course opinion, but at the same time it's fact.
JD
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Jan 9 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]374094[/snapback]
How many late fights did a pre-champ Tyson have? Off the top of my head-Green-Tillis-Smith-Tucker-Ribalta, who Tyson hit with one of the cleanest uppercuts I've ever seen, even though Jose got up 2 seconds later. Now Prime '88 Tyson-on top of the world even with side distractions would ko Holy in 4-5. Yes Spinks had a huge load in his trunks in the dressing room, but if that Tyson showed up, Holy would be a goner. This is of course opinion, but at the same time it's fact.

Green, Tillis, Smith, Tucker and Ribalta were not in Holyfield's league - and even so, Quick Tillis gave Mike Tyson fits.

What you are failing to recognize, is that just because you were not yet privy to the fact that Tyson was weak mentally, doesn't mean he wasn't. It was always there, it just needed to be exposed - and a guy like Holyfield is the perfect guy to do it. There is no factual information in the statement "Tyson would KO Holyfield", just as there is no factual information in the statement "Holyfield would outwork Tyson."

There is factual information in the statement "Mike Tyson was and is weak mentally" though, and you yourself have admitted to living in 1986...a time when people did not even accept the possibility that someone could challenge Mike Tyson.

If a young Tyson could not bang Bonecrusher or Tucker or Ribalta or Biggs out in 4, he was not going to bang Holyfield out in 4 in my opinion. The Mitch Green fight is a different story, because while Green was nothing to speak of as a fighter, he did have a terrific chin.

Listen, I understand the Tysonite mentality. I get it, you guys love him and support him no matter what and think at his best, he beats anyone...fine, so be it...you guys are great fans. But you have the benefit of hindsight, you should use it when looking at how a guy like Holyfield, who had a great chin, an iron will, and a huge heart, would do against him. I always maintained that this fight would be great and loaded with intensity, I just feel that even if you think Tyson would win, you would have to be seriously deluded to expect a walkover.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 9 2008, 01:19 PM) [snapback]374099[/snapback]
Green, Tillis, Smith, Tucker and Ribalta were not in Holyfield's league - and even so, Quick Tillis gave Mike Tyson fits.

What you are failing to recognize, is that just because you were not yet privy to the fact that Tyson was weak mentally, doesn't mean he wasn't. It was always there, it just needed to be exposed - and a guy like Holyfield is the perfect guy to do it. There is no factual information in the statement "Tyson would KO Holyfield", just as there is no factual information in the statement "Holyfield would outwork Tyson."

There is factual information in the statement "Mike Tyson was and is weak mentally" though, and you yourself have admitted to living in 1986...a time when people did not even accept the possibility that someone could challenge Mike Tyson.

If a young Tyson could not bang Bonecrusher or Tucker or Ribalta or Biggs out in 4, he was not going to bang Holyfield out in 4 in my opinion. The Mitch Green fight is a different story, because while Green was nothing to speak of as a fighter, he did have a terrific chin.

Listen, I understand the Tysonite mentality. I get it, you guys love him and support him no matter what and think at his best, he beats anyone...fine, so be it...you guys are great fans. But you have the benefit of hindsight, you should use it when looking at how a guy like Holyfield, who had a great chin, an iron will, and a huge heart, would do against him. I always maintained that this fight would be great and loaded with intensity, I just feel that even if you think Tyson would win, you would have to be seriously deluded to expect a walkover.

A prime Tyson in a nutshell: (Expanding on JD's Comment Above)

Tyson's mental psyche was far weaker than his physical attributes. Had he kept his head on straight, he COULD have been competitive against many of the greatest heavyweight champions who ever lived. I am not saying he would have beaten them all, but would have given them a hell of a fight. For instance, the great Joe Louis, regarded as perhaps the greatest heavyweight champion of all time with 25 successful title defenses of a unified title did have one flaw. This was his chin. If Tyson landed early and Joe was on the floor because of it, could Tyson finish off the great "Brown Bomber?" It's possible. A lot of greats did have vulnerable chins. Foreman proved that Frazier could be put down multiple times and stopped if you got to him early.

BUT Tyson would have to do his "thing" against ANY of the greats early if he was to do them at all. I don't think Tyson could handle the mental pressure of these guys coming back and throwing combinations after Tyson would land his best shots, and these guys just keep coming. In the case of Louis, nobody.......NOBODY kept him down and if these guys could take Tyson's early onslaught and still be there after say 4 rounds, the easier it becomes to beat Tyson. Tyson needed everything going his way to bring out the great physical attributes that he had. Once you get Tyson past the 5th round in a fight where he didn't have things his own way, he would become progressively more beatable. But a prime Tyson, is always competitive against any heavyweight in history for those first four rounds. From 5 to the end, he becomes more ordinary. I think Tyson could go 12 or the old 15 rounds if he had to, but everything would have to be going about 75% his way for him to do that.

Jack
iron_mike
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 9 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]374109[/snapback]
A prime Tyson in a nutshell: (Expanding on JD's Comment Above)

Tyson's mental psyche was far weaker than his physical attributes. Had he kept his head on straight, he COULD have been competitive against many of the greatest heavyweight champions who ever lived. I am not saying he would have beaten them all, but would have given them a hell of a fight. For instance, the great Joe Louis, regarded as perhaps the greatest heavyweight champion of all time with 25 successful title defenses of a unified title did have one flaw. This was his chin. If Tyson landed early and Joe was on the floor because of it, could Tyson finish off the great "Brown Bomber?" It's possible. A lot of greats did have vulnerable chins. Foreman proved that Frazier could be put down multiple times and stopped if you got to him early.

BUT Tyson would have to do his "thing" against ANY of the greats early if he was to do them at all. I don't think Tyson could handle the mental pressure of these guys coming back and throwing combinations after Tyson would land his best shots, and these guys just keep coming. In the case of Louis, nobody.......NOBODY kept him down and if these guys could take Tyson's early onslaught and still be there after say 4 rounds, the easier it becomes to beat Tyson. Tyson needed everything going his way to bring out the great physical attributes that he had. Once you get Tyson past the 5th round in a fight where he didn't have things his own way, he would become progressively more beatable. But a prime Tyson, is always competitive against any heavyweight in history for those first four rounds. From 5 to the end, he becomes more ordinary. I think Tyson could go 12 or the old 15 rounds if he had to, but everything would have to be going about 75% his way for him to do that.

Jack

Maybe I'm missing the point. Yes Tyson has been weak mentally and insecure since 11 or 12, maybe earlier, nobody but him knows for sure. My whole point, Prime Tyson would walk right through Holyfiled, even though Evander was no pushover and in their early sparring/training days he was not bullied or intimidated. Smith was an octopus, Tucker caught him in the 1st with an uppercut, but Tyson dominated practically every round after, Tillis gave him fits true, but that was his 18th fight? Yes Mike is my 1st or 2nd fave fighter of all time, but I'm not just saying this because of that. Back then, what heavyweight moved, bobbed and weaved, had that speed and raw power and threw those sick combos back then?
iron_mike
Don't bring up Biggs, that was just prolonged torture. Yea he said he could've taken him out early, but I really beleieve he wanted to hurt him.
BigJuicyHog
The sad thing is that I think Bowe could possibly beat Tyson....Bowe beat Zumbrun and I think that Zumbrun may be able to beat this shot version of Tyson. In short, despite him being my all time favorite fighter, I think I would take any heavyweight around to beat him at this point. Maybe Tyson-Morrison would be interesting....I think Tommy is likely more shot.
BigG
Holyfield would've still given Tyson plently of fits with his toughness and his PUNCH-GRAB technique.
Romulus9
Say what you will but I think the Mike Tyson of June 22, 1988 would have destroyed Holyfield, and just about any other heavyweight champion before or since. Every Tyson since has been inferior. Every incarnation.

I can't believe people are absolutely serious when discussing Tyson-Holyfield III. Scary stuff.

But I'll watch.
iron_mike
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Jan 9 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]374134[/snapback]
Say what you will but I think the Mike Tyson of June 22, 1988 would have destroyed Holyfield, and just about any other heavyweight champion before or since. Every Tyson since has been inferior. Every incarnation.

I can't believe people are absolutely serious when discussing Tyson-Holyfield III. Scary stuff.
But I'll watch.

My whole point in a nutshell thumbsup_anim.gif
JD
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Jan 9 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]374134[/snapback]

But I'll watch.

Mike Tyson's most impressive win was not Spinks. It was his most famous win and the one most casual fans like to focus on, but the Pinklon Thomas win more impressive in many ways. That, in my opinion, was Tyson's best win.

Spinks was done before the opening bell. That Tyson was no different than any other prime version of Tyson.
BrutalBodyShots
People seem to forget that Holyfield was past his prime as well when he faced Tyson. The discussion "prime vs prime" comes up like Tyson was that much farther removed from his prime than Holyfield. I really don't believe this to be the case. Tyson's best years were about 87-89 and Holyfields IMO 89-91, so their primes actually overlapped. So I guess we are talking about a mythical matchup in 1989?

In 1996 they were BOTH far past their prime IMO. I think in 99% of cases if you were to put Holyfield in there with Tyson the fight would resemble their first fight with Holyfield coming out on top. To me it doesn't matter if it happened in 99, 96, 91, 89, today, etc.
BoxingStill#1
Holyfield, in his prime, would of completely out-classed tyson. The narrow minded, one dimentional Tyson would have become fustraded and confused when his fist of steel met holyfields chin of steel. Which is one of the reasons why Tyson got an apitite for ears. Holyfield, (was) entirely to fast and smart for Tyson...in his prime,...They met when they should have, any earlier it would have been a Tyson upset. Any later,...much like everyone is entertaining,...would'nt even be worth buying.
BrutalBodyShots
I think the only time that Tyson would have had a shot against Holyfield would have been when Holyfield was having his "heart problems" around Bowe III and Moorer - assuming Tyson was active at the time. Even at that time though I'd still pick Holyfield to win, but Tyson would have his best chances because Holyfield wasn't 100%.

LeeGenius
Prime Tyson was neither one dimensional or narrow minded.

BoxingStill#1
Are you sure?.....Tyson looks like a broken record when you watch him,.....Bobbing left to right leaping upwards with a monster hook or upercut....rarely using his jab....watch a few of his fights in a row,..... then reply
BrutalBodyShots
Tyson didn't "rarely" use his jab in his prime.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.