Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre -Ali Forman Vs. Wladamir Klitchko
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I'm leaning towards Klitch, How about You?
JD
Foreman by KO. If Peter could worry him, Foreman would have him in a panic.
Michigan Assassin
Let me get this right, you're taking the man who was knocked down 3 times by the wild, rough around the edges Sam Peter, over the hardest hitting heavyweight of all time?

Granted Foreman was wilder pre Ali than later in his career, but this man was still a gold medal winner who carried his power into the late rounds very well.

There is no doubt in my mind that Foreman destroys Wlad. Probably within 5 or 6 rounds.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Jan 9 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]374101[/snapback]
Let me get this right, you're taking the man who was knocked down 3 times by the wild, rough around the edges Sam Peter, over the hardest hitting heavyweight of all time?

Granted Foreman was wilder pre Ali than later in his career, but this man was still a gold medal winner who carried his power into the late rounds very well.

There is no doubt in my mind that Foreman destroys Wlad. Probably within 5 or 6 rounds.

Yeah, but Sam Peter has better footwork than Forman had at that time.
Method
Foreman would have Wladdy wetting his trunks at the reading of instructions. Puddle in the center of the ring delays the opening bell.
Jack 1000
Man!

Is this a serious topic? You mean the Kitschko who was KO'd by Corrie Sanders in brutal fashion? Conscience, in all respect, I am having trouble digesting the legitimacy of this topic. Why would you pick Wlad? Just out of curiosity.

Jack
Douchebag
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 9 2008, 02:33 PM) [snapback]374105[/snapback]
Foreman would have Wladdy wetting his trunks at the reading of instructions. Puddle in the center of the ring delays the opening bell.

We have never seen Goerge Foreman with a man that is bigger than him that can box. So how sure can we be that he will even get to Wlad?
Method
Box? Box Schmox. He is a big wet pussy. And George Foreman would have fucked him without a kiss. Wladdy woulda shit himself.
Spreadking3rd
Current Dr. Octopus Wladimir Klitschko might be able to hold and tire a young Foreman out.

but he would probably wet his pants first and vasoline would come down his leg from an unknown hole on his body.
basicjab

Extremely bad matchup for Wlad, Foreman would simply crush him within 5 rounds. Wlad can do well with any smaller fighters who does not have very big punch. someone like Frazier or Ken Norton would be better matchups for Wlad, that reach and strength would be too much for some fighters.
BigG
Foreman in 2.
Big Slim Sweet
Foreman in 1.
BrutalBodyShots
George W by DQ 1 when Wlad gets disqualified for peeing on George's shoes during a clinch.

Similar to most of my picks for Jameel McCline.

D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 9 2008, 02:29 PM) [snapback]374104[/snapback]
Yeah, but Sam Peter has better footwork than Forman had at that time.

I don't know dude! Foreman cut the ring off really well. He was very underrated in that aspect.
Old Foreman wins 11TKO
Pre Ali Foreman wins 4KO
Douchebag
Foreman has never taken a punch from someone as big as Wlad either.
Jack 1000
Foreman in 1.

Wlad would have to survive the first 5 rounds to have a chance at tiring Foreman out, but there is no way that this fight gets that far.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 9 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]374161[/snapback]

Big George had an Awesome Chin! He took shots from people who hit harder than Wladimir!
Spyder
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 9 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]374161[/snapback]

I don't know. Ali, Frazier and Norton hit pretty hard.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 9 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]374173[/snapback]
I don't know. Ali, Frazier and Norton hit pretty hard.

Yeah, but they where all punching up except for Ali who KOed Foreman. None of them could put the leverage behind their shots that Wlad can. I don't know for sure but a case can easily be made for Wlad.
BoxingStill#1

wtf.gif Forman by early round knockout.....Easy I might add.......I dont think that you guys are really seriouse are you?....Do you have any clue the type of chin Forman had?..... Sombody needs to brush up on some ESPN Classic....

Douchebag
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 9 2008, 07:58 PM) [snapback]374182[/snapback]
wtf.gif Forman by early round knockout.....Easy I might add.......I dont think that you guys are really seriouse are you?....Do you have any clue the type of chin Forman had?..... Sombody needs to brush up on some ESPN Classic....

I watch it all the time but you just can't compare a left hook form a 5'11 210-225 lb Joe Frazier to a right hand from 6'6 240 lb Wladimir Kltchko. I just don't think Foreman will just walk through a shot like that. I'm not saying that He KO's Foreman but he would keep him honest.
BoxingStill#1
Kliscko has a right hand from hell,....no doubt about it,....but how many (power) punches have you seen land on the Giant?....The greats had to create angles for themselves WHILE moving, because lets face it, ANY fighter who would stand in front of Forman for any legnth of time would be looking at the arena lights. Is Kliscko a mobile fighter?....
BoxingStill#1
I'm sorry,...."How many power punches UP THE MIDDLE have you seen land on the giant"
basicjab

I do think Wlad could have beaten a lot of great fighters in the past due to his size, speed and power. However, Foreman is a different animal, like another person said, he is probably the biggest puncher in heavyweight history. Foreman was a straight up killer and with Wlad's fragile mindset, it would be another classic KO highlight on Foreman's resume. I think Wlad has the ability physically to beat anybody in history, however he will not be able to because he is so weak mentally compared to the great fighters.
BoxingStill#1
Oh definatly!! Not to mention the mental edge,..good point
D-MARV
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 9 2008, 07:58 PM) [snapback]374182[/snapback]

I know the chin Foreman has!
Though I believe Ali stunned Foreman when they fought, I dont believe the knockout punch seriously hurt George! He was more tired than anything. He was up at the count of 8!!!
kidbazooka1
This is a joke, Foreman destroys Klitchko within 5.
Douchebag
Foreman was not the most diciplined fighter in those days. He walked around the ring like fucking mummy and he never used the Jab. I think Wlad would pump that jab in his face and circled away from Big Georges power to take it into the later rounds and stopped George. Sam Peter has better foot movement and is more coordinated than George was. I if you don't believe me take a look at the last Toney-Peter fight for proof.
Spyder
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 9 2008, 07:50 PM) [snapback]374181[/snapback]
Yeah, but they where all punching up except for Ali who KOed Foreman. None of them could put the leverage behind their shots that Wlad can. I don't know for sure but a case can easily be made for Wlad.

What does punching up have to do with anything? Jack Dempsey was punching up at Jess Willard...well at least until Jess hit the deck, and then he just beat him down. Mike Tyson was punching up for his entire career.

Sooner or later people will realize that height has little to do with punching power...
BigJuicyHog
Foreman by KO pre Ali
Klit by UD on comeback Foreman
Maxy
Damn, a pre-Ali Foreman would annihilate Wlad in under 3 rounds! Even the old Foreman who beat Moorer would stop Wlad somewhere around the 10th.
Nobudius
Foreman actually had a devastating jab.....when he concentrated on using it.
camador
Those of you whose are think Klitchko would've beat foreman obviously have not watched enough Foreman fights. The answers very simple, Foreman wouldve unquestionably knocked Klitchko out. Remember we're talking about the Klitchko that was knocked out by Corie Sanders. Foreman packed too much power and had an great jab. Not to forget to add that his chin is legendary for talking punishment. Id give Klitchko no more then 6 rounds before he wears out and Foreman delivers a right hand that will paralyze him. Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield and Bowe were all far better fighters in there primes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.