Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edwin Valero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
I have seen a couple of his fights on youtube and just then on cable, they showed his last fight against Zavaleta. I'm still yet to be impressed by him. Am I missing something? What's so good about him? I think he has been pumped up a little too much for what he has done. From what I have seen, he doesn't throw well and doesn't use his jab nearly enough. He leaves himself wide open when throwing and I wonder a little if his power is a little overrated. Every fight I have seen, from looking, his punches don't look as devastating as his record implies, so I also wonder if it's the competition that he has faced. I won't say it is overrated yet, but from what I have seen, it appears so.
I don't want to be a sour puss, but I think he is a bit of a hype job. Pacquiao beats him no worries.
BigG
He will get knocked the fuck out the moment he steps in there with either Pac, Marquez, Guzman, or Soto.
JackSlack
I agree with what both of you have said.
I basically don't think the guy is any good, no technique whatsoever.
Fitz hit it about him being wide open, he is also off balance and has never been taught the fundamentals of boxing.
I hope I'm wrong, but I can see him seriously injured down the fistic road when he faces a good, hard hitting fighter like Manny or Marquez as open as he is.
kidbazooka1
His technique may not be the best but i don't care who your fighting if you are 23-0-23KO's you can f*cking punch.

Lets not forget that Pac has pretty bad technique aswell the maine reason he's so dominant is because of his physical gifts(power and speed)but other than that he's almost always off balance and gets hit alot aswell.

Im not saying Valero is the real deal Im not sold on him either but he we do know he can punch thats for sure.
Fitz
I think some people know that I am not the worlds biggest Pacquiao fan, though I do respect him. But he does everything better than Valero IMO. He is quicker, he seems to punch harder (this is not definite, just my own observation and opinion), looks to have a better work rate, throws his punches betters etc.
Just what I mentioned about Valero's power. Obviously he must have some pop, but to me it looks a little overrated. Well it's no secret that he hasn't fought anyone great, so I wonder if the quality of opposition (poor) has any effect on his KO ratio. Just from watching him fight, his punches to me just don't look as devastating as his record implies. This is pure speculation on my behalf I know, but just one of my observations on him.
Pacquiao looks to be better than him IMO.
BigG
Valero can punch and has decent hand speed..but everything else is shit. The guy can overwhelm guys like the guy he knocked out in his last fight...but once he steps up with the best, he'll lose.

You put him in with Guzman, I predict he will get knocked out. Although Guzman hasn't knocked anyone out recenlty, he's been fighting really tough dudes like Barrios and Soto. Guzman throws really quick counterpunches with power. He'll be catching Valero with everything and will eventually stop him.

Soto is a beast....I got him easy over Valero.

Marquez would destory him...it would be a sick beating.

Pacman KO's him in 2-3.
hitman harding
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 12 2008, 04:39 AM) [snapback]374464[/snapback]
Valero can punch and has decent hand speed..but everything else is shit. The guy can overwhelm guys like the guy he knocked out in his last fight...but once he steps up with the best, he'll lose.

You put him in with Guzman, I predict he will get knocked out. Although Guzman hasn't knocked anyone out recenlty, he's been fighting really tough dudes like Barrios and Soto. Guzman throws really quick counterpunches with power. He'll be catching Valero with everything and will eventually stop him.

Pacman KO's him in 2-3.

Marquez got beat by a then unknown Indonesian!!!. Look most of you guys all beleive what you read and get rather attached to the top stable of fighters and think there gods. Valero has a punchers chance to KTFO of Marquez. Valero has ge and the big zero to use as confidents if this bout ever happens.
Valero tko 8 over Marquez
Southeastpaw
Valero tko 8 over Marquez

Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.
hitman harding
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 12 2008, 02:14 PM) [snapback]374501[/snapback]
Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I guess living in a cave you don't hear much
mexi-cutioner
I"d like to see Gamboa v Valero that woudl be an all out war, Id want Gamboa to come out on top for some reason i just cant stand Valero lol
Fitz
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Jan 13 2008, 04:53 AM) [snapback]374494[/snapback]
Look most of you guys all beleive what you read and get rather attached to the top stable of fighters and think there gods.

Not me, I believe what I see, and what I see is Valero being a big hype job.
Spreadking3rd
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 12 2008, 02:39 AM) [snapback]374464[/snapback]

Pacman KO's him in 2-3.

better get back to whacking off to your fernando montiel/bernard hopkins tapes

Montiel and Hopkns turned in 2 of the biggest pussies performances in the past few years.

vs Jhonny and vs Jermain Taylor

Valero can box or punch......but why not knock out pussies who run all night, like Hopkins, when they won't stand and fight for anything. B-Hop can count his millions and his pussy hairs.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Jan 12 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]374509[/snapback]
I guess living in a cave you don't hear much

My cave is cable ready.......I hear tings.
BigG
laugh.gif Spread. Get back to WeBL. Speaking of caves, Valero does indeed fight like a caveman. As bad as Ponce De Leon? I don't know. Hopkins/Montiel - SWEET SCIENCE. So I'm not saying Valero is a bad fighter. He beat Mosquera at least. But caveman? Yes he is one.
Fitz
QUOTE(Spreadking3rd @ Jan 14 2008, 09:31 AM) [snapback]374667[/snapback]
Valero can box

Doesn't appear to do it too well.
Spreadking
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 14 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]374686[/snapback]
Doesn't appear to do it too well.

ask former champ Vicente Mosquera, has he even fought since being out-boxed and taking his beating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.