Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angus-Butkiss II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
Harold "Harry" Angus vs Richard "Dick" Butkiss is a huge fight on paper. Two of the very best fighters going head to head in a rematch for the undisputed cruiserweight title. OK, the first fight was poor but this could be put down to outside circumstances....

However, this rematch looks to be just as poor. Angus isn't interested claiming he would rather retire than have to box again and Butkiss merely wants to erase the memory of the the dire first fight. Stylistically it seems to me that these two can't and won't make a good fight and the biggest losers will be the fighters themselves. Really is such a shame.

Worst of all, nobody really cares who wins....
Maxy
Maxy Krumbsnatcher-

"This is a huge fight...the winner is a legend, make no mistake about it."
CyruS
I no I don't care. Even if Butkiss were to win I probably wouldn't hype it up and would be glad these 2 fights are over with. Angus wins he beat a blown up light heavyweight. Looks like we should have never got these two together since they don't match up well. Bright side? I got Buddy Shine out of all this laugh.gif
CyruS
QUOTE(Richard "Dick" Butkiss - Linear Light Heavyweight World Champion)
Let me tell you something, this fight is a big fight! I'm here to erase the first fight from the peoples minds. All they will remember when they think of Angus-Butkiss will be this rematch, you heard it here first! As far as Angus moping around crying about retiring, I could give a rat's ass! I did Angus a favor for finally getting him a fight with a top fighter and winning, yeah I was pretty underweight but he still got the win. Then again, I guess he's just mad at himself that his whole career he was looking for his one bright shining moment, and he got it by beating a 178 lber in the most boring super fight of all time. It's alright Angus, I'll carry you to a memorable fight! Leave it to me!
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Jan 11 2008, 06:16 PM) [snapback]374386[/snapback]
I no I don't care. Even if Butkiss were to win I probably wouldn't hype it up and would be glad these 2 fights are over with. Angus wins he beat a blown up light heavyweight. Looks like we should have never got these two together since they don't match up well. Bright side? I got Buddy Shine out of all this laugh.gif

Yeah I always liked Buddy Shine but figured I had to make the sacrifice in order to get a devastating win for Angus. I lost out big time....

Cyrus, you fucked me in the negotiations!

CyruS
You could say I Roy Jones'd you Maxy "John Ruiz" Krumbsnatcher

laugh.gif
BigG
An interested spectator will be Chad Dawson. Dawson was totally unimpressed with Angus and Butkiss last time out. Dawson is fast and has a good chin now and has proven to have solid power. He is also bigger than Butkiss.
BigG
However, you are right.

The superfights of the weakend are without a doubt Gorres-HWG and Taylor-Cotto and JUDAH-MOLOTOV!!!

I personally think Quintana-Maussa II, Jones-Blatty are bigger as well.

This fight is an aging CW fighting a fighter he outweighs by over 20 pounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.