Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FNFs
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Southeastpaw
Pascal is quick and all and Teddy and Joe are all over him, but I'm not sold on this guy. He is flashy, but he defense lacks and as I am typing he just got rocked by this bum he is fighting. Miranda would KO this guy if they do meet.
Southeastpaw
This guy Pittman is kinda slow and does not look confident but was able to land a big left hook and rocked Pascal BIGTIME. Pascal gets hit too much. And Miranda is much quicker than Pittman. If Pascal makes it out of this fight and Miranda makes it past Banks, they are supposed to face eachother. Poor Pascal, his day are numbered now. Pittman has actually been landing here and there pretty good IMO throughout the fight but was disregarded by Teddy till the big one. Now Pascal just got rocked again, now by a right. And
Pittman has 8 kos. lol
stateofthegame
I hate listening to Teddy and Joe. Did you notice how "I agree Teddy" Tessitore was so quck to want to cut Klitschko off when he went to mention his charity plan.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 11 2008, 09:45 PM) [snapback]374413[/snapback]
I hate listening to Teddy and Joe. Did you notice how "I agree Teddy" Tessitore was so quck to want to cut Klitschko off when he went to mention his charity plan.

LOL. Yeah. Had to get it over with before that commercial I guess.
stateofthegame
I do agree that Miranda is going to KO this guy, but Miranda's days are numbered as well. Warriors is going to match him against bum after bum to let him get knockout's at 168 and then they are going to put him in against a big name and he will get taken out again. I am just not sold on Miranda. He is close to being the new Mayorga (with a little more skill) to me because his biggest accomplishments come because of his mouth than his fighting.
Southeastpaw
I would give Miranda more credit than MAyorga. I think that the skill Miranda does possess is totally overlooked. He is very fast and powerful and does show good movement most of the time. I was actually very impressed with the way Miranda beat Green. He was not supposed to win that fight and he did it very well. However, Miranda would most likely get beat by the likes of Mundine, Kessler and of couse Zigzags.
BigG
Miranda is one of the most overrated fighers in boxing today
stateofthegame
I gave the 1st round to Banks 10-9
stateofthegame
20-18 Banks
stateofthegame
NEVERMIND
The CEO
OOF!

laugh.gif

I turned it to ESPN just in time to catch the KO....a funny ass, strong KO...Banks got Reverse Codringtonned (face up, ass down)....balanced on the bottom ropes like a see saw....laugh.gif

That's what can happen when an unskilled fighter with no chin gets hit with a power punch.
D-MARV
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 11 2008, 10:24 PM) [snapback]374425[/snapback]
NEVERMIND

WOW! Prolly KO of the Year!!!!!
Until Miranda fights Pascal that is!!!!!
Southeastpaw
LOL @ Pascal acting tough towards Miranda after that wonderful KO. Pascal just got a glimpse of what he will be subjected to when they actually face off with eachother.
D-MARV
My Boy called me after the fight! he happened to be sitting behing Teddy and Pascal! he said Pascal Shitted his pants and his jaw dropped after the KO!
Miranda shouldn't waste his time with this bum! Miranda-Kessler Anyone?
Byrd Man
Miranda got me 16 points tonight! Hell yeah!

oh and lol at pascal going "wanna fight right now?" like that was gonna happen. Who's he think he is, Clubber Lang?
stateofthegame
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 12 2008, 08:49 AM) [snapback]374430[/snapback]
Miranda-Kessler Anyone?

Kessler by beat down. Kessler is too fast and too strong for Miranda. He is full of excuses after that Pavlik KO, but before he was talking about knocking out Pavlik and Taylor on the same night. Pavlik proved that Miranda cannot fight going backwards and Kessler will be much worse on Miranda than Pavlik was. Every one talks about Miranda's power, but he has only ever knocked out bums or past their prime, unfocused fighters like Eastman. When ever he has stepped to the level above him it does not work out well.
D-MARV
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 11 2008, 11:27 PM) [snapback]374434[/snapback]
Kessler by beat down. Kessler is too fast and too strong for Miranda. He is full of excuses after that Pavlik KO, but before he was talking about knocking out Pavlik and Taylor on the same night. Pavlik proved that Miranda cannot fight going backwards and Kessler will be much worse on Miranda than Pavlik was. Every one talks about Miranda's power, but he has only ever knocked out bums or past their prime, unfocused fighters like Eastman. When ever he has stepped to the level above him it does not work out well.

Good Points!
I just threw Kessler out there because I really dont wanna see Miranda fight Pascal! That will be a waste of 6 months! I would like to see Miranda fight a top 5 guy! Im giving him one last chance before I give up on him!
What do you think of these fights
Miranda-Lacy
Miranda-Bute
Miranda-Mundine
I wouldn't dare mention Calzaghe-Miranda! that would be a worst beatdown than Calzaghe-Lacy!
Southeastpaw
Miranda/Lacy would be interesting.
Kijis Konar
Miranda TKO 4 Lacy. Jeff's done.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 11 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]374413[/snapback]

Atlas gets under my skin...always has. He's SO over-rated as a trainer, and is far too conceited for my taste. Joe Tessitore, testicle, or whoever he is, serves nothing more than to be an agreeable Parrot. He's probably trained to bark, sit, and shit at Atlas's command. On the fights themselves, a cool KO, but way too over-dramatic. And that 7th round comeback by Pitman against Pascal was NOT the big deal that they made it out to be. The round was still very close, considering that Pitman didn't really do much other than those couple of shots. Pascal was the better fighter, although a case could be made for Pittman taking the 3rd round, perhaps 3 of the later rounds, but Pascal took the 10th clearly and the fight. These pompous clowns make this out to be Corrales-Castillo. They are 10x worse than Lamply ever was. It's a reminder why I don't watch ESPN boxing anymore. But even worse, the production sucks!

Go back to the days of the original ESPN Top Rank Boxing. Although they had some clunkers they also had some great cable fights with Bernstein and his sidekicks at least pleasurable to listen to.

Jack
Blayde
I dont think Lacy should be considered Top 5 right now, actually he just cant after that performance against Manfredo. But stylewise I think he may be someone to knock Miranda out. Of course he could find himself on the canvas, too, hes wide open for such a right uppercut Miranda likes to throw. But I think that would be 50:50.

For Pascal although I like him Miranda is all wrong IMO. He may be able to outbox Miranda for some rounds, he may be able to hurt Miranda himself, but over 12 rounds hes just too hittable for a victory over Miranda. My pick would also be Miranda by KO/TKO.
Method
I actually really like Atlas as a ringside commentator calling the action. IMO, one of THEE best in the game.

I agree with Jeff regarding Miranda. Yes, nice KO, but I agreed w Allan Green and Brian Kenny in the studio, up to the point of the KO, Miranda looked slow, lethargic, was getting completely outboxed, just following his man around the ring and eating leather. KO's sort of render that moot, but what happend when he's facing someone NOT named Banks? Pascals speed should give Miranda some trouble, but as we saw last night, Pascal was staggered by a guy who has 8 KO's. I will give that guy credit, he did an awesome job of timing/countering a quick guy like Pascal. Pascal, in most cases was being countered on the way in, before he even threw his shots. Anyone with power (and truth is, I haven't seen timing that good from a lot of guys) would put Pascal to sleep timing him like that.
stateofthegame
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 12 2008, 09:46 AM) [snapback]374438[/snapback]
Good Points!
I just threw Kessler out there because I really dont wanna see Miranda fight Pascal! That will be a waste of 6 months! I would like to see Miranda fight a top 5 guy! Im giving him one last chance before I give up on him!
What do you think of these fights
Miranda-Lacy
Miranda-Bute
Miranda-Mundine
I wouldn't dare mention Calzaghe-Miranda! that would be a worst beatdown than Calzaghe-Lacy!

Miranda/Lacy would be interesting. I think Lacy was another over-hyped guy and since the Calzaghe beat down he has looked terrible and should have lost to Tsypko.

I do not know much about Bute, but I would pick Mundine to beat Miranda.

I would also pick Green to beat him in a rematch.

Also I liked the Atlas/Papa commentating team a ot better than Tessitore.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 12 2008, 07:45 AM) [snapback]374472[/snapback]
I actually really like Atlas as a ringside commentator calling the action. IMO, one of THEE best in the game.

I agree with Jeff regarding Miranda. Yes, nice KO, but I agreed w Allan Green and Brian Kenny in the studio, up to the point of the KO, Miranda looked slow, lethargic, was getting completely outboxed, just following his man around the ring and eating leather. KO's sort of render that moot, but what happend when he's facing someone NOT named Banks? Pascals speed should give Miranda some trouble, but as we saw last night, Pascal was staggered by a guy who has 8 KO's. I will give that guy credit, he did an awesome job of timing/countering a quick guy like Pascal. Pascal, in most cases was being countered on the way in, before he even threw his shots. Anyone with power (and truth is, I haven't seen timing that good from a lot of guys) would put Pascal to sleep timing him like that.

Teddy Atlas is my dude.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, that was a really nice KO. I feel bad for Banks, since I like him a lot as a fighter, but he's got a lot of work to do. Hopefully McGirt can get him in the gym and work on his flaws because I still think he could be good. Miranda-Pascal will be a good fight. I still think that Pascal is going to defeat Miranda by decision. Pascal is just too fast and too talented for Miranda. Miranda doesn't have the talent to time Pascal coming in, but he may be able to catch him going out. However, I think Pascal is going to work on that, so the opportunities may not be there all that much. Should be a good one though.
Kyle
WolfishPromistah
Man, I gotta laugh at Pascal as he says, "Let's do this right now! -- right now!" LoL!

Please -- GTFOH! -- knowing that most likely the people around were going to break it up, that was total school yard shyt.
The CEO
Clip of KO....

We got a floater...
Mean Mister Mustard
Even the Canadian broadcasters were shitting on Pascal, and that should tell you something because they are the some of the most biased commentators around. I remember watching Lucas-Beyer 5 years ago and they were yelling everytime Lucas landed a punch. Then he lost and they called it a robbery. They also say Ngoudjo got robbed against Magliani (I don't care if I spelled the name wrong).

Miranda has a decent jab and that right hand is one of the most devasting punches in the game today. But he is slow, sloppy and because of his long ass arms lacks the mechanics to tangle on the inside. Pavlik had it nailed when he took the fight to him and never let up. But it's going to take a tough, steel chinned fighter like Pavlik to beat Miranda up on the inside.

Pascal has some heavy hands and his best weapon is the left hook. It's possible that he may catch Miranda and knock him out, Miranda has been stunned and dropped quite a lot. Plus in the fight against Abraham he was not doing much, he was just basically following AA around. But Pascal has some wide gaps in his defense so a Miranda KO is likely. Should be a good fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.