Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the Maskaev/Peter fight televised?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Elijah
Just read the Tim Bradley/Jose Luis Castillo fight is going to be on the undercard of the Maskaev/Peter fight on March 8th in Cancun. Anyone know if these fights will be televised and by who?

Showtime or HBO?
TheWhiteBuffalo
Showtime was originally going to air the fight before it was postponed due to Maskaev's injury. I am sure that they still have the rights to the bout.
BGv2.0
Last I heard it was HBO. I sure hope so....because I dumped Showtime last month.
Jack 1000
However,

None of the boxing schedules that I have seen are listing the fight on Showtime. Don't know what's up with that.

Jack
Big Slim Sweet
I believe HBO is airing it now and was looking to make Juan Diaz-Nate Campbell for the undercard.
Elijah
Yeah that's why I'm asking because I'm not seeing it listed on either Showtime or HBO right now. Man I hope they televise this card.
gods son
makes sense that HBO is airing it, as showtime will air the haye-mac fight live from London.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(gods son @ Jan 14 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]374799[/snapback]
makes sense that HBO is airing it, as showtime will air the haye-mac fight live from London.

Yes,

But I don't see HBO listed as the network for the broadcast either. Hopefully they air it, and are working out final negotiation deals. This is an important fight that needs to be televised. It will be broadcast from Mexico.

Jack

PS. AFAIK, the Haye-Mac fight will be shown same day, tape delay on Showtime.
gods son
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 14 2008, 09:39 PM) [snapback]374801[/snapback]
Yes,

But I don't see HBO listed as the network for the broadcast either. Hopefully they air it, and are working out final negotiation deals. This is an important fight that needs to be televised. It will be broadcast from Mexico.

Jack

PS. AFAIK, the Haye-Mac fight will be shown same day, tape delay on Showtime.

wow tape delay??? i thought show got the UK fight LIVE..ok much better now!!
JD
From what I understand, the Haye - Macaranelli fight will be live in the states. I believe it will be on at 8 PM in the States - but it will be live on Showtime, no tape delay.

Maskaev - Peter will be on HBO with Diaz - Campbell on the undercard, and now it looks like McCline - Ruiz will be added to that card as well.
BGv2.0
Man....that might be a nice card for a HW fan....

Oleg/Peter.....Ruiz/McCline and maybe Williamson/Toney.....at least that's what I've been reading.
Elijah
Super Lightweight Final Elimination:
Timothy Bradley vs. Jose Luis Castillo
An agreement was reached and the fight will take place in Cancun on March 8, 2008 on the undercard of Maskaev vs. Peter.

Well which is it gonna be, Campbell/Diaz or Castillo/Bradley?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.