Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should Floyd Mayweather Sr. train Oscar?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pcraw
If this rematch happens b/tw Lil Floyd and Oscar De La Hoya do you guys think Big Floyd should train Oscar?
PR316
It won't matter who trains Oscar. Oscar could have Superman in his corner training him and he would still get schooled again by Mayweather.
BoxingStill#1

Anything should help,.....The combination should make some type of impact again...
Method
If they want to maximize sales, yes.

In all honesty, I don't think it'll make any diff, but it may, and, after already having a loss to Floyd, it won't hurt.
thehype
I think he should...but not necessarily for Oscar...he should do it for himself. He deserves some of that cheddah too. Woooooooooooo! LOL
Method
Yeah, Floyd Joy deserves some of that loot. I mean, if the Black Mamba is gonna get paid off of Floyd, and Floyd's crack head poo butt momma gonna get paid off Floyd, then the nigga that spawned the little spoiled, brittle hand fuck desreves to to get paid.
thehype
It's a much more interesting fight with Sr. involved.
streetlion1
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 16 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]374992[/snapback]

Agreed. Floyd sr. says only he has the answer to beating his son.....lets see if he really does. The one thing about it is this...they have fought each other once already so each man knows what they should do better next time....the difference between Roach and May Sr. is May gets emotional. If May told DLH to keep throwing his jab and he didnt listen May sr. would be in his face and letting him know about it. Also who better to get than the man responsible for teaching his opponent to box? This would definitely get me more interested in the fight....although I think it will be PBF still winning the decision I expect DLH to make a much better account of himself!
kidbazooka1
Floyd Sr. defenseive style works for Mayweather but not for DLH who is a more agrresive minded fighter than lil Floyd.

Floyd will run all night just like the 1st fight and Oscar deosn't have the legs to catch him anymore.
BigG
What could Oscar pssobile do different? He was at his best last time and still lost. The only thing Floyd Sr. would do is add drama...24/7, etc...

Oscar should just retire. Floyd should fight Cotto.
Method

Yup. That's the ONLY way it's interesting. And possibly the only way I order it.
JD
I really hope that this fight is not on September 13th...I am in Amsterdam that weekend on a business trip.
Big Slim Sweet
I'd take hanging out in an Amsterdam coffee shop over paying (what, $59.95 this time?) for what will likely be little more than another boring, totally non-violent waltz once again. Assuming you have the time or inclination to get to a coffee shop while there.

Floyd Sr.'s participation in this fight almost makes me feel like this whole thing has been partially staged since the beginning. Teddy Atlas likes to talk about certain fights where the fighters make silent agreements with each other - 'you go easy on me I go easy on you' - kind of deal. That certainly seemed like the case with PBF and Oscar's first go-round. And with all the drama surrounding Senior's 'will he or won't he' be in the corner the first time, and for how much, etc. It seemed like they knew they were saving him up for the potential rematch.

Watching that first fight I also felt like PBF did only just enough to barely beat Oscar while keeping things close enough to give both Oscar and the fans a reason to maybe want to see it again. He may do the same this time, or he may do just enough to lose so that he can cash in on a trilogy.

I think this rematch sucks.
JD
I will have a little time...I am there for a conference.

I have been to Amsterdam before - love it there. Ideally the fight will be the 20th, and it will all be a non-issue.
Big Slim Sweet
I've been to Amsterdam a couple of times. FanTAStic city. Only problem is the weather's often crappy.

If the fight's on the 13th though, would it be totally unreasonable to think it would be shown there somewhere? Granted it'd be at like three in the morning, which might be tough if you have to be up early for a conference.
JD
Yeah...the freaking conference is from Friday to Monday...bastids!!!

Not sure if it will be shown there to be honest. Though I am generally in the right area...stay at the Sofitel by Central Station...
Chi-Town
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 17 2008, 07:23 AM) [snapback]375029[/snapback]
I really hope that this fight is not on September 13th...I am in Amsterdam that weekend on a business trip.

yea....sure...."BUSINESS"....lol
JD
LOL...no joke.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 16 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]375010[/snapback]
Floyd Sr. defenseive style works for Mayweather but not for DLH who is a more agrresive minded fighter than lil Floyd.

Floyd will run all night just like the 1st fight and Oscar deosn't have the legs to catch him anymore.

Bingo! Oscar still has fast hands, good pop and a good chin, but his legs are shot, he doesn't use them AT ALL anymore. I used to be a big Oscar fan, but he's such a prick and is mishandling his career so much now (apart from financially of course) that I'm going to enjoy watching him lose. It's so befitting that his arrogance has finally caught up with him. What makes him think that he can come off the shelf for a year and fight the best guy he's ever faced? That was stupid....then he hires Freddie Roach of all people...again, stupid, then he turns around and fights FLOYD MAYWEATHER AGAIN with no tune up coming off an even longer hiatus...FLOYD MAYWEATHER!! So foolish.

Did anyone read about what his retarded training schedule will be, If you haven't please read for yourself on ESPN.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(pcraw @ Jan 16 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]374965[/snapback]
If this rematch happens b/tw Lil Floyd and Oscar De La Hoya do you guys think Big Floyd should train Oscar?

To make this fight more interesting............yes
Hatuey
Hell no! How do you train one man to beat up your son?I'll answer my own question "Capitalism, the love of money, and greed" Gotdam shame, if you ask me....but I can't wait see the 24/7 for it thumbsup_anim.gif
Col Reb
Of course, if Oscar wants any chance to win the rematch.
imperial
yes only because it brings a diffrent angle to the fight ..If not I could care less as the rest of the boxing world ..
Lil-lightsout
YES!!! It gives Oscar a better chance to beat Mayweather. I get so sick of hearing Floyd disrespect his Dad any time he gets a chance to. It would be nice to see Oscar win and Sr. get to throw that in his sons face. Could you imagine the 24/7 shows, they would be more entertaining than the fight itself.
imperial
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 27 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]376680[/snapback]
YES!!! It gives Oscar a better chance to beat Mayweather. I get so sick of hearing Floyd disrespect his Dad any time he gets a chance to. It would be nice to see Oscar win and Sr. get to throw that in his sons face. Could you imagine the 24/7 shows, they would be more entertaining than the fight itself.

For that aspect alone it would bring people back ..If Sr is not apart of the reamtch I highly doubt that many people would care ..
streetlion1
Anyone hear any word on who will be training DLH for his upcoming "tune-up"? dntknw.gif
PR316
I think Yayweather himself said in an interview that Oscar asked him to train him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.