Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto VS Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xxxxxx
With MayweatherDe La Hoya looking likely in September, why don't these two square off.If Cotto could beat Hatton clearly, maybe Cotto could fight the winner of Mayweather-De La Hoya II.Especially if Cotto could knock Ricky out, the demand would be even higher.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 17 2008, 10:06 AM) [snapback]375032[/snapback]
Because Hatton is still a champion at 140 and will definitely move down and Cotto isn't moving from welter at this stage IMO.

I know Cotto ain't moving down.Both guys want a big money fight so here it is.This would be a good fight for fans and didn't Hatton hold the WBA welterweight title already? Cotto wanted Mayweather or Oscar and that don't look like it's happening anytime soon so he needs to fight somebody.Hatton just got done fighting the best at 147 so why not Cotto at 147?
BigG
I'd love to see that fight. Hatton would take a sick beating...But I dont think Hatton is ever going back to 147. Collazo beat IMO and had him hurt very badly late and messed his face up. And Floyd REALLY put it on him. I mean, he cant really beat the tops dogs there. Might as well stay at 140 where he can rule.
streetlion1
Oh No! this fight shouldnt happen because it wouldnt be a fight...it would be Hatton getting killed inside of 5 rounds...Hatton doesnt match up well with anyone at 147....even Zab judah would give poor little defenseless Ricky a beating. I hope no-one actually believes Hatton would have a chance here! laugh.gif
Maxy
A weight drained Cotto vs Hatton at 140 would've been a great fight in 2006. Now though it's a mismatch. Cotto would eat him alive and probably beat him up so bad he'd never fight again. Hatton just can't cut the mustard at 147.
Douchebag
Only the sick and demented people such as myself would like to see this fight. wacko.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Very simple why this fight can't happen. Cotto can't fight at 140 and Hatton can't fight at 147 - therefore it's impossible.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 17 2008, 11:22 AM) [snapback]375047[/snapback]
Very simple why this fight can't happen. Cotto can't fight at 140 and Hatton can't fight at 147 - therefore it's impossible.

ok Brutal, if this isn't a good fight for fans and both parties involved..who should cotto fight next? It don't look like it will be Mayweather or De La Hoya,Paul Williams is gonna fight quintana, I doubt Cotto goes to 154, Margarito already lost to Williams, Cintron got blasted by Margarito.I guess that leaves a Mosley rematch.Please don't bring up Gomez.It's obvious Cotto is looking to get paid here..he needs a big name.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 17 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]375032[/snapback]
Because Hatton is still a champion at 140 and will definitely move down and Cotto isn't moving from welter at this stage IMO.

Exactly right...Hatton won't fight again at 147 until he can no longer make 140.
kidbazooka1
Cotto would give Hatton a beat down unlike he's ever seen before.
streetlion1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 09:47 AM) [snapback]375058[/snapback]
ok Brutal, if this isn't a good fight for fans and both parties involved..who should cotto fight next? It don't look like it will be Mayweather or De La Hoya,Paul Williams is gonna fight quintana, I doubt Cotto goes to 154, Margarito already lost to Williams, Cintron got blasted by Margarito.I guess that leaves a Mosley rematch.Please don't bring up Gomez.It's obvious Cotto is looking to get paid here..he needs a big name.

If I may chime in here....if there is no-one left to fight then yeah there should be a re-match with Shane...either that or he can sit back and wait to see what PBF does....either way I dont see PBF standing up to fight him so he might have to just take a DLH fight or put the hurt on Paul Williams after he beats Quintana. Or....Margarito is still a name if not a serious contender...I would watch Cotto chop him up....we'll see what happens.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 17 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]375063[/snapback]
If I may chime in here....if there is no-one left to fight then yeah there should be a re-match with Shane...either that or he can sit back and wait to see what PBF does....either way I dont see PBF standing up to fight him so he might have to just take a DLH fight or put the hurt on Paul Williams after he beats Quintana. Or....Margarito is still a name if not a serious contender...I would watch Cotto chop him up....we'll see what happens.

That's all great and all, but Cotto can't wait on Mayweather and De La hoya.If their scheduled to fight in September than that means they won't be available until 2009.A Hatton fight would be perfect for Cotto in my opinion, I think Cotto beats him good and puts more pressure on Floyd to give him a shot.

However, with that being said...it looks like Cotto will rematch Mosley again in May.
streetlion1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 10:10 AM) [snapback]375066[/snapback]
That's all great and all, but Cotto can't wait on Mayweather and De La hoya.If their scheduled to fight in September than that means they won't be available until 2009.A Hatton fight would be perfect for Cotto in my opinion, I think Cotto beats him good and puts more pressure on Floyd to give him a shot.

However, with that being said...it looks like Cotto will rematch Mosley again in May.

Yeah true. I wonder what the chances would be of PBF actually taking a fight with Cotto. Hatton I dont think would even offer Cotto a challenge though...he needs to tune up against a true welter....He can go crush someone else like Berto or Clottey first.
The CEO
Hatton won't fight anyone who's supposed to beat him ever again...he fought and lost to Mayweather for the money.

He wants to retire with that sole loss so he can say he only lost to the best fighter of his generation...and that HE was 2nd best.
Elijah
Bob Arum just confirmed HBO has approved Cotto/Gomez for HBOs April 26th installment of World Championship Boxing.

Margarito and Zab Judah will fight on the televised co-feature.

Sounds like once Margarito finishes beating Zabs ass he'll get a fight with Cotto?
CyruS
Why doesn't Cotto - Hatton take place? Because Hatton can't take a body shot.
The CEO
He can't handle a check up from the neck up either...

....CRACK!!....BOING!!......SPLAT!!

laugh.gif

Man I miss killin' that guy...
Byrd Man
it's being reported that HBO has signed off on Cotto vs. Gomez for April 26th on HBO

Moments ago Bob Arum confirmed to Boxingtalk.com that HBO approved Alfonso Gomez as Miguel Cotto's next opponent. Cotto-Gomez will headline HBO's April 26 installment of World Championship Boxing. Antonio Margarito and Zab Judah will likely mix it up in a competitive fight on the televised co-feature. The card will take place at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. HBO's Kery Davis was unavailable for immediate comment. Remember where you heard it first! (3:39 PM EST)
rusty_trombone
Uhhh, I would think this was pretty obvious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.