Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs. Gomez....is it official?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Just wondering. Greg Leon had an "Exclusive/Remember Where You Heard It First" thing on his page today that said that Arum called and said HBO had approved Cotto v. Gomez for April 26th.

Anyone know if this is fully official yet?

As a boxing fan, this isn't the biggest possible fight for Cotto, but as a guy who has Gomez on my fantasy team, I say HELL YEAH! lol
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jan 17 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]375146[/snapback]
Just wondering. Greg Leon had an "Exclusive/Remember Where You Heard It First" thing on his page today that said that Arum called and said HBO had approved Cotto v. Gomez for April 26th.

Anyone know if this is fully official yet?

As a boxing fan, this isn't the biggest possible fight for Cotto, but as a guy who has Gomez on my fantasy team, I say HELL YEAH! lol

It figures.Cotto is gonna destroy Gomez.Just hope that Judah doesn't become the spoiler here.Judah does have the tools to beat Margarito in my opinion.
thehype

As long as he doesn't get "destroyed" like that, he'll be aight.

LOL
xxxxxx
This is very dissapointing.I thought 2008 was gonna be a great year for the Welterweights, but it's shaping up to be a joke.First we got Williams-Quintana because Cintron is a litttle bitch,then Mayweather-De La Hoya rematch,then Cotto-Gomez? WTF I think the Margarito-Judah fight looks like the best fight which ain't saying much. thumbsdown_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]
This is very dissapointing.I thought 2008 was gonna be a great year for the Welterweights, but it's shaping up to be a joke.First we got Williams-Quintana because Cintron is a litttle bitch,then Mayweather-De La Hoya rematch,then Cotto-Gomez? WTF I think the Margarito-Judah fight looks like the best fight which ain't saying much. thumbsdown_anim.gif

You are spot on. i also had high anticipation for some BIG fights to be made. Margarito - Judah seems like the biggest we'll have at WW for a while. Nobody wants to see mayweather/DLH again. Nobody wants to see Cotto/Gomez. Why didnt Arum just put the Cotto - Margarito card together now? Cintron is a bitch. i hope he takes his mandatory, so that Clottey ends his bitchin'. Poor Williams had to take Quintana because everyone is running scared from him...
salvador
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]

You're absolutely right.

The only thing I would say is that Margarito-Judah, if it happens, should be excellent for no other reason than to see Zab's gigantic balls on display. It's impossible not to respect the fact that he's willing to get in the ring with Margarito when the truth is that he has no business being at 147 and Margarito is the worst possible matchup for him.

Also, I think it's clear that Arum is setting up Margarito-Cotto for the fall as Floyd and DLH will be unavailable. And for my money, Cotto-Marg is the very best fight in all of boxing right now.
streetlion1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]

I agree its shaping up to be a so-so year. All because that coward PBF wanted to do the DLH thing. Cotto wins this fight inside of 6 rounds. Judah is in his fight for the first half like always...then wilts under the pressure. Williams easily out-points Quintana...what sucks is all these fights are foregone conclusions.
Douchebag
I just pray to the heavens that this fight is not on PPV.
rusty_trombone
Man, I can't wait to see gomez get the shit knocked out of him.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]

Pulling out of a fight because you tore the ligaments that basically hold the bones in your hand together makes you a little bitch?
dj necrogenic
Since when does having a record of 18 -3, and having wins against a PRE-RETIRED Arturo Gatti, and old Ben Tackie, 1W 1L 1DRAW to Jesse Feliciano, win and loss to Peter Manfredo Jr., a fucking Majority Decision to Jose Antonio Ojeda qualify you for a title shot? Seriously this guy had MD's and Losses to C Class fighters. How is this fight even sanctioned for Cotto's title? This guy isnt even ranked in the Top 15 by the WBA

Yuri Nuzhnenko - Interim Champ... Shouldnt Miguel have to fight this guy?
1. Frederic Klose
2. Yuri Nuzhnenko
3. Antonio Margarito
4. Carlos Quintana
5.Luis Collazo
6. Nelson Linares
7. Jan Zaveck
8. Shane Mosley
9. Andre Berto
10.Zab Judah
11. Jackson Osei Bonsu
12. Ivan Kirpa
13. Ushiwakamaru Akibei
14. Miguel Rodriguez
15. Joaquin Zamor
kidbazooka1
Cotto is gonna give Gomez an old fashion beat down.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Jan 18 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]375285[/snapback]
Pulling out of a fight because you tore the ligaments that basically hold the bones in your hand together makes you a little bitch?

no, I was just venting. Was it proven that he was seriously injured though?just curious.
Hatuey
News on the street is Gomez is bitching about money, as if that bs contender christmas special of a show warrants major dough. Is he or his manager serious? C'mon dude....your a Contender, not even a contender in the true sense of the word, more of a pretender if you ask me. That Gatti beatdown meant notha!
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Hatuey @ Jan 19 2008, 10:12 AM) [snapback]375432[/snapback]
News on the street is Gomez is bitching about money, as if that bs contender christmas special of a show warrants major dough. Is he or his manager serious? C'mon dude....your a Contender, not even a contender in the true sense of the word, more of a pretender if you ask me. That Gatti beatdown meant notha!

The contender is just using this to get their name out there, Gomez will bitch out like Sergio Mora did
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.