Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones 169.5 - Trinidad 170
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Roy looked very thin...Tito looked puffy, and took the scale 3 times before they declared "170". Roy came out and took the mike "he can have his 2/10 of a pound, give me my Grant gloves!!!"

Kinda strange the way it all went down to be honest.

Pics to follow...
JD

TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images

The CEO
Roy looks drained and old....looks like one a those guys who never made it to the NBA and preaches to inner city children....
Jack 1000
Both look drained and old, because both are drained and old.

Jack
Maxy
Oh man, Roy looks like some ex-body builder whose spent the last year in Colditz.

Tito just looks like some bloke of the street.

This is ugly.
BigJuicyHog
Roy looks he is malnourished...like his hips are gonna pop off. One thing I did notice is that Roy's bicepts are much larger than Titos. Maybe they will knock each other out at the same time.
Romulus9
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 18 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]375245[/snapback]
Both look drained and old, because both are drained and old.

Jack

You know it's bad when Don King looks to be in similar condition as the fighters.

To be honest, Roy doesn't look nearly as bad as Tito in my opinion. Looks to be like he tried to get up to a functional 170, couldn't really do it, and just puffed up to get there. Roy is going to beat his ass.
buford54
Roy had better knock Tito out early, because he looks really weight-drained. He's going to gas after 4 rounds, so he'd better keep that prediction.
Mean Mister Mustard
I can't believe Roy made the weight, I thought he would come in at 170.

I want to see how Roy makes Tito miss. Trinidad is a very accurate puncher and Roy leaves his hands down most of the time so there's the possibility that Roy gets KO.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 18 2008, 01:26 PM) [snapback]375252[/snapback]
I can't believe Roy made the weight, I thought he would come in at 170.

I want to see how Roy makes Tito miss. Trinidad is a very accurate puncher and Roy leaves his hands down most of the time so there's the possibility that Roy gets KO.

Are you serious with this... tito and his little reindeer walk, arent going to get anywhere near ready to land a meaningful punch.. by the time Tito halfsteps his way close to Roy, and starts getting set to punch Roy will have landed a punch and jumped to the side... Tito just wont be able to handle Roys speed.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jan 18 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]375262[/snapback]
Are you serious with this... tito and his little reindeer walk, arent going to get anywhere near ready to land a meaningful punch.. by the time Tito halfsteps his way close to Roy, and starts getting set to punch Roy will have landed a punch and jumped to the side... Tito just wont be able to handle Roys speed.

LOL, reindeer walk.

dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 18 2008, 02:13 PM) [snapback]375265[/snapback]
LOL, reindeer walk.

I swear watching Tito's footwork around the ring is like watching the movie Bambi, as Bambi is beginning to walk
Spyder
This one ain't lasting long.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 18 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]375268[/snapback]
This one ain't lasting long.

And the undercard is horrible as well. this isnt worth buying at all.. the only undercard fight Im even slightly interested in is Corley/Alexander
Spyder
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jan 18 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]375272[/snapback]
And the undercard is horrible as well. this isnt worth buying at all.. the only undercard fight Im even slightly interested in is Corley/Alexander

I haven't even looked at the rest of the bill...

It doesn't look that bad from a NAMES standpoint...the actual fights on the other hand, well dntknw.gif
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 18 2008, 02:21 PM) [snapback]375276[/snapback]
I haven't even looked at the rest of the bill...

It doesn't look that bad from a NAMES standpoint...the actual fights on the other hand, well dntknw.gif

Roy Jones Jr. vs Felix Trinidad (light heavyweight) - Outcome already known...
Andrew Golota vs Mike Mollo (heavyweight) - Does anyone still care about Golota?
Roman Karmazin vs Alex Bunema (super middleweight) - Might not be a bad fight. but still meaningless
DeMarcus Corley vs Devon Alexander (light welterweight) - Will be good to see how Alexander does in this huge step up in class... Taking on Chop Chop in his 13th fight clapping.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jan 18 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]375283[/snapback]
Roy Jones Jr. vs Felix Trinidad (light heavyweight) - Outcome already known...
Andrew Golota vs Mike Mollo (heavyweight) - Does anyone still care about Golota?
Roman Karmazin vs Alex Bunema (super middleweight) - Might not be a bad fight. but still meaningless
DeMarcus Corley vs Devon Alexander (light welterweight) - Will be good to see how Alexander does in this huge step up in class... Taking on Chop Chop in his 13th fight clapping.gif

I like to watch the Golota circus from time to time...

My personal favorite was the one punch knockout by hands of my main man, Lamon Brewster. thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
Question.....Am I the only one who thinks RJJ looks like he is sick? Trinidad actually looked stronger to me at the weigh-in. This one might be more interesting than I first thought.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Jan 18 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]375248[/snapback]
One thing I did notice is that Roy's bicepts are much larger than Titos.

That's been known to be a huge advantage for fighters.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 18 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]375298[/snapback]
That's been known to be a huge advantage for fighters.

Depends, it might give extra strength, but it could slow him down, wear him out, and stiffen him up a bit
BrutalBodyShots
I think Jones will look much fresher after hydration tomorrow night. He'll probably be close to 180 (and not a fat 180) on Saturday... and any weight that Trinidad puts on will only serve to make him look softer.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 18 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]375291[/snapback]
Question.....Am I the only one who thinks RJJ looks like he is sick? Trinidad actually looked stronger to me at the weigh-in. This one might be more interesting than I first thought.

I agree. In the face off pic where Trinidad is making a fist he actually looks stronger than Jones, IMHO. Roy does look sick and maybe a little over trained.

I've been leaning towards Trinidad by KO over the last few days. 169.5lbs? Hmmmmmmm.....
Spyder
Looks mean nothing.

Miguel Cotto has looked like Skeletor at the weigh-ins for the last 3 years.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 18 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]375312[/snapback]
Looks mean nothing.

Miguel Cotto has looked like Skeletor at the weigh-ins for the last 3 years.

Miguel Cotto isn't *39* years ole.

And BTW, Cotto looking like Skeletor at weigh-ins is the reason why he now fights @ 147.
and the NEW
Sad
rusty_trombone
man, tito looks a bit on the hefty side.
D-MARV
Roy will look 100% better tomorrow!!! I see many fighters look like that the day before the fight and they are still top shape for fight night! Guzman drains down 17-18 pounds before fight night. Cotto looks drained for all his weigh-ins, even Manny Pac at times. Roy will come in @ 178-180 lbs and look good. I was watching his open workout and his handspeed is still there and He still has some pop on his punches. I wouldn't judge too much by the weigh in. If anything Tito is the one we need to worry about. he had trouble making weight. Also I heard at the time of the fight signing, Tito was Well over 200 pounds.
SpitShineTommy
woooow...thats awful ....Tito is gonna get schooled...he will look even more soft tomorrow then he did against Wink and RJJ is gonna out box Tito for 12 boring rounds

Jones will look great tomorrow prob. eating up shit right now
Mino
Roys punk ass is already crying about the gloves, making excuses...hes going down
BigG
I dont see how Trinidad looks stronger at all in the pic where they stare each other down.
Mino
QUOTE(Mino @ Jan 19 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]375360[/snapback]
Roys punk ass is already crying about the gloves, making excuses...hes going down

Mino
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 19 2008, 01:04 AM) [snapback]375361[/snapback]
I dont see how Trinidad looks stronger at all in the pic where they stare each other down.

He doesnt
kidbazooka1
Damn I can't believe the hate for Tito on this forum. I hope he KO's Jones in brutal fashion.
Mino
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 19 2008, 02:00 AM) [snapback]375369[/snapback]
Damn I can't believe the hate for Tito on this forum. I hope he KO's Jones in brutal fashion.

Trust me you aint the only 1 Kid, I might getted banned, after all the shit Im gonna talk, if Tito kos him
Mino
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 19 2008, 02:40 AM) [snapback]375375[/snapback]
You're getting 'hate' and us being 'realistic' confused.

Tito has lost 2 fights in his career Roy has been BRUTALLY, KOd twice, Tito has the capabality to end things with 1 punch and yet he has no shot, makes sense to me
JD
QUOTE(Mino @ Jan 19 2008, 02:52 AM) [snapback]375376[/snapback]
Tito has lost 2 fights in his career Roy has been BRUTALLY, KOd twice, Tito has the capabality to end things with 1 punch and yet he has no shot, makes sense to me

Every fighter has a shot...it's just that fighters who have fought twice in close to 6 years, have shown a deterioration in skills and are fighting 10 pounds about their previously high weight (and look bad at that weight), are not really guys you want to bank on.

Roy may be chinny, but at least he has been a good deal more active, closer to his natural weight, and holds basically every advantage in the fight.

The moment Roy tastes something he does not like, all he has to do is resort to the jab and the story will play out in predictable fashion.
Method
I can see grey tinges in his hair and he looks soft.

LOL. He should jump on the Don Felix 'Just For Men' routine and rectify that. He'll look like he founf the fountain of youth.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone could have watched that weigh in and say Tito looked stronger. I mean, Jesus fucking christ. I felt bad for him when they faced off. Trinidad almost seemed to know how soft he was. All he could do was keep trying to flex his arms, but he wouldn't even do that all that hard, as if he knew they were noodles.

"Your boys are goin down, Danny...can't stop that now" - 'Smilin' Jack Ross, A Few Good Men
PUERTOROCKS
Tito does not look stronger but he does look more confident.
BigG
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 18 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]375290[/snapback]
I like to watch the Golota circus from time to time...

My personal favorite was the one punch knockout by hands of my main man, Lamon Brewster. thumbsup_anim.gif

BrutalBodyShots
Trinidad has lost more rounds in 2 fights than Jones has lost rounds in his entire career.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(PUERTOROCKS @ Jan 19 2008, 08:12 AM) [snapback]375385[/snapback]
Tito does not look stronger but he does look more confident.

if by confident, you mean fat and ready to collect a paycheck for getting dropped, then yes Tito looks very confident
Spyder
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:13 AM) [snapback]375386[/snapback]

laugh.gif

That's it!

thumbsup_anim.gif
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 19 2008, 03:40 AM) [snapback]375375[/snapback]
You're getting 'hate' and us being 'realistic' confused.

Nah I don't think so.
BrutalBodyShots
Roy is looking more and more like a Mini-Kimbo as he ages.

neophyte7
Tito may have lost more rounds than Roy has in two fights but atleast he wasn't KO'd in succession

Got any excuses tonight Roy?..... boom--- I wish it could happen again.
AussieLad
Easy night for roy, if he has any killer instinct left it will end by KO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.