Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fat ass Tito can't make weight!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
3 times he's over weight. Roy says it don't matter...just let me wear my Grant Gloves.

In one of the most peculiar moves I've ever seen, the man on the mic magically declares Trinidad's official weight is NOW 170 even.

LOFL!
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 18 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]375235[/snapback]
3 times he's over weight. Roy says it don't matter...just let me wear my Grant Gloves.

In one of the most peculiar moves I've ever seen, the man on the mic magically declares Trinidad's official weight is NOW 170 even.

LOFL!

don't know about you guys but I was Shocked by golata's weight. He weighed in at less than when he fought Ruiz
moscow bear
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Jan 18 2008, 09:10 PM) [snapback]375236[/snapback]
don't know about you guys but I was Shocked by golata's weight. He weighed in at less than when he fought Ruiz

Karmazin weighed in at 151 ......
Montana
How about Alt and Don yelling at each other about the gloves.....lol

Ol Don got fucking PISSED.

"Fuck Grants.....they're gonna fight in Everlasts"

Alt - "Roy always fights in Grants"

Don - "Well you better learn to fight in em"

Alt - "He's fighting in Grant's or he's not gonna fight"

Don - "Then, don't fight.....don't fight......don't fight!!"

Hahah, golden,
Nay_Sayer
I don't underastand what the f@cking big deal is about GLOVES?!? How long has dumb sh!t like this been going on? If Roy wants to wear Grant and the gloves meet the specifications, f@cking let him and be done with it....
dj necrogenic
So did Roy get the Grants?
Method
Alt - "He's fighting in Grant's or he's not gonna fight"

Don - "Then, don't fight.....don't fight......don't fight!!"

LOL. It's not like Roy has a plan B. It's either fight in Everlasts, collect a nice pay day, or go back to crackin corn with Jimmy, and nobody caring.
Spyder
It's a comfort thing.

Don is trying to give his guy the best edge, and not letting Roy wear the glove that's most comfortable to him might help...I don't think it will, but maybe Don and the Trinidad's do.
Mean Mister Mustard
Trinidad is afraid of the Grant Glove curse. Both fighters he has lost to wore Grant, Wright and Hopkins.

All kidding aside, what difference do the gloves make? Are both fighters just doing it to piss the other off and get the mental edge?
Montana
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jan 18 2008, 02:04 PM) [snapback]375260[/snapback]
So did Roy get the Grants?

Nope. From what I can gather Everlasts are the gloves specified in the contract, so Roy and company are just shit out of luck.

go back to crackin corn with Jimmy, and nobody caring.

Nice.
BrutalBodyShots
But remember guys... Pacquiao lost to Morales I because of the gloves... we don't want a repeat with this fight!

LOL.

Gloves are BS.

Byrd Man
Hey Method, what are you smoking? He's a "fat ass" because he was .2 pounds over? Come on now. And THAT was with his sweats still on. Most boxers, get weighed wearing a speedo or some shit only.

He took the sweats off (and according to one thing I saw everything) and he weighed 170.

I smell a Trini-hater in the house! lol

I don't care for either fighter, but that's a bit misleading of a topic header. I was expecting him to come in two or three pounds over or some shit.
Southeastpaw
They should strike a deal: Let Roy wear the Grants as long as Tito can wrap his hands any way he would like too.........................Sounds fair to me.
Spyder
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 18 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]375311[/snapback]
They should strike a deal: Let Roy wear the Grants as long as Tito can wrap his hands any way he would like too.........................Sounds fair to me.

laugh.gif

I forgot about Tito's cast hands.
JD
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jan 18 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]375309[/snapback]
Hey Method, what are you smoking? He's a "fat ass" because he was .2 pounds over? Come on now. And THAT was with his sweats still on. Most boxers, get weighed wearing a speedo or some shit only.

He took the sweats off (and according to one thing I saw everything) and he weighed 170.

I smell a Trini-hater in the house! lol

I don't care for either fighter, but that's a bit misleading of a topic header. I was expecting him to come in two or three pounds over or some shit.

Trinidad weighed in with the marble bag on all three times...he never weighed in with the sweats on.
Byrd Man
ah my bad...you're right...I misread that before.

Still, 0.2 pounds over is a far stretch from "fat ass" but it's whatever...
Montana
I love Tito.........but seeing him at 170, he does look like a fat ass.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jan 18 2008, 09:08 PM) [snapback]375323[/snapback]
ah my bad...you're right...I misread that before.

He's a "fat ass" because it took him multiple attempts to make weight when he was weighing in at a weight over a solid division above the highest he had ever fought at.

Hatuey
Honestly, I hate to see Tito going out like this! He looks terrible and I truly believe Roy is going to fuck him up something terrible. Hopefully, Don Felix will know the right time to throw the towel in. If Tito wins a lot of people will be eating crow.
JD
QUOTE(Hatuey @ Jan 18 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]375334[/snapback]
Honestly, I hate to see Tito going out like this! He looks terrible and I truly believe Roy is going to fuck him up something terrible. Hopefully, Don Felix will know the right time to throw the towel in. If Tito wins a lot of people will be eating crow.

LOL...yourself included.
Hatuey
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 18 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]375335[/snapback]
LOL...yourself included.

thumbsup_anim.gif True!
JD
QUOTE(Hatuey @ Jan 18 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]375337[/snapback]
thumbsup_anim.gif True!

Honestly, I think this fight is less about how bad Roy's legs are or how chinny he is and more about Tito just making a bad choice here.
Method

My response to that would basically reflect what Brutal said a few posts back.

Couple that with the fact that it was Team Trinidad, despite it not being a sanctioned bout, that made 170 the hard line weight limit, believing it was them that would have the upper hand because they felt it would make it hard for Jones to come in that light. Well, Jones came in a half a pound lower, and Trinidad's fat ass got on the scale 3 times. And let me tell you something....NOT ONCE is it clear that he made the weight. JD and I watched this shit live and BOTH remarked simultaneously that it was the shadiest weigh in we ever saw. Without Trinidad even being on a scale, they finallyt announced he was officially 170.

Dude, I just think it's funny, that's all. Im not hatin on Trini. Im pulling for him, but I am thinking he's gonna get fucked up.

I understand it's only 2 ounces, but try telling Castillo a few ounces or so don't matter. He lost all his money not making weight (granted, that cat missed by a mile).
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 19 2008, 08:10 AM) [snapback]375379[/snapback]
Honestly, I think this fight is less about how bad Roy's legs are or how chinny he is and more about Tito just making a bad choice here.

yeah, I tend to agree with you.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone as successful and beloved as Tito, but this fight really doesn't make too much sense for him unless he's broke.
Douchebag
Where can I put money on this shit? I just can't let this one pass me up.
JD
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 19 2008, 07:46 AM) [snapback]375382[/snapback]
JD and I watched this shit live and BOTH remarked simultaneously that it was the shadiest weigh in we ever saw. Without Trinidad even being on a scale, they finallyt announced he was officially 170.

Dude, I just think it's funny, that's all. Im not hatin on Trini. Im pulling for him, but I am thinking he's gonna get fucked up.

I understand it's only 2 ounces, but try telling Castillo a few ounces or so don't matter. He lost all his money not making weight (granted, that cat missed by a mile).

LOL...TOTAL under the carpet job.

Tito steps up...you can hear mutters of "over" from the stage.

Tito steps up...you can hear more commentary on Tito being over.

Roy takes the mike..."Gimme my Grants, and he can have his 2/10! Just gimme my Grant gloves."

Tito steps up...you can hear some more back and forth, with Merk getting a little animated; "over".

30 seconds pass...

Announcer takes the mike..."Felix Tito Trinidad, 170 pounds...1 - 7 - 0"

HUH?!?!
Byrd Man
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 18 2008, 06:48 PM) [snapback]375332[/snapback]
He's a "fat ass" because it took him multiple attempts to make weight when he was weighing in at a weight over a solid division above the highest he had ever fought at.

And he hasn't fought in 3 damn years. It's not like he's been keeping himself in fighting shape all three years.
MarzB
Well I can't stand Trinidad and I just watched the weigh in and Meth is right, that was shady clearly.

Tito's body looked soft as hell also. Tito or "Cheato" (not granting the gloves pun intended) is so clearly overmatched here its ridiculous.

I think the pick should be what round is the knockout going to happen.

Jones in 5..
Mean Mister Mustard
Read over at Fnews that Arthur "Loud Mouth" Mercante Jr will be the ref.

So Trinidad didn't even make the weight? So is this good or bad for Jones?
PR316
Tito's clearly here for the pay day. Saw the video of the weigh in on Max and after Tito failed to make weight, the screen went black and in white letters the words "The scale is repositioned" appears and then Tito steps on again with a very unhappy look on his face and there are still people heckling apparentley pointing out that he was over the weight and then the weight his officially announced at 170. Very strange moment.

Hopefully this ends early and nobody gets seriously hurt. Tito picked the wrong fight at the wrong weight that he couldn't even make.

This is bad.
imperial
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 19 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]375462[/snapback]
Tito's clearly here for the pay day. Saw the video of the weigh in on Max and after Tito failed to make weight, the screen went black and in white letters the words "The scale is repositioned" appears and then Tito steps on again with a very unhappy look on his face and there are still people heckling apparentley pointing out that he was over the weight and then the weight his officially announced at 170. Very strange moment.
Hopefully this ends early and nobody gets seriously hurt. Tito picked the wrong fight at the wrong weight that he couldn't even make.
This is bad.

I wish I could get 15 mil for coming in over weight !!Good night Tito its a wrap for u !!
Byrd Man
For God's sakes people it's 0.2 pounds. You guys act like he's coming in 5 pounds or more overweight.

The dude hasn't fought in three years, and he comes in 0.2 pounds over weight and suddenly he's a fat slob. Ridiculous.

And to the guy asking "he's overweight, what does this mean for Roy"? that doesn't mean a damn thing for Roy.

He's still gonna win, he's still gonna probably knock Tito out, but if anyone on here thinks 0.2 pounds is a big deal or will affect the fight in ANY way you've lost your minds.

No offense intended, of course. biggrin.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jan 19 2008, 07:24 PM) [snapback]375479[/snapback]
And to the guy asking "he's overweight, what does this mean for Roy"? that doesn't mean a damn thing for Roy.

The "guy" you are reffering to, young man, is none other than Mean Mister Mustard, a highly respected long time member of Fighthype, formerly Btalk, and would appreciate it if you would adress me as such.

The reason I asked whether it would be bad or good for Jones is because I am interested to see how Roy, an old one at that, reacts to the weight loss. The man has had trouble making 175 ever since he moved down from heavyweight.

By the way Byrdman, I accept your apology.
AussieLad
Jones coming in under 170... Could he make 168, and could he be a factor in the division

I wouldnt put him in with calzaghe, but it would be interesting if he went up against mundine or a kessler
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 19 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]375484[/snapback]
The man has had trouble making 175 ever since he moved down from heavyweight.

I don't agree with that. I think Jones had trouble hitting 175 in his first trip back there from the Ruiz fight, but after that multiple times he had no problem weighing in at 173-174 for his fights at 175.

The fact that he just made 169.5 further proves that he didn't have to struggle much to make 175, wouldn't you say?

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 19 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]375462[/snapback]
This is bad.

yes, but 170 is still 20 pounds heavier than the weight he should be fighting at.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 19 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]375495[/snapback]
Jones coming in under 170... Could he make 168, and could he be a factor in the division

I wouldnt put him in with calzaghe, but it would be interesting if he went up against mundine or a kessler

Jones looked very dried out at 169.5; I'm not sure that he could make 168.

I'm anxious to see how he looks tonight having probably worked pretty hard to make 169.5. If he looks at all lethargic in there or tires quicker than usual I would say that 168 is an impossibility for Jones at this stage of the game. Regardless, it would be very hard for me to pick him over anyone at 168 right now.

Mean Mister Mustard
Whatever the case may be, making 170 can't be good for RJJ.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 19 2008, 04:39 PM) [snapback]375484[/snapback]
The "guy" you are reffering to, young man, is none other than Mean Mister Mustard, a highly respected long time member of Fighthype, formerly Btalk, and would appreciate it if you would adress me as such.

The reason I asked whether it would be bad or good for Jones is because I am interested to see how Roy, an old one at that, reacts to the weight loss. The man has had trouble making 175 ever since he moved down from heavyweight.

By the way Byrdman, I accept your apology.

First of all I wasn't disrespecting you. If you took it that way, then I'm sorry bout that, but I didn't disrespect you in any way. I said "to the guy" because I didn't know who posted it. I was responding to several different points that people were making and yours just happened to be one of the ones I was addressing. I merely said that the 0.2 pounds over wasn't gonna affect Roy. I apparantly mistook your asking if Roy's weight would affect Roy for asking if Tito being 0.2 over would affect Roy. Lots of people seem to think that being a pound or so over is gonna swing the fight in some way. Maybe maybe not.

And how are you gonna call me out as disrespecting YOU, and then you come back referring to me as "young man". I'm not your fucking boy, so don't talk to me like that. If you are gonna react like that over a simple misunderstanding on your part and mine, then....well, that's how you're gonna be then, I suppose.

And nice to sit there and assume I'm apologizing to you.

NOTE: I'm not starting anything, I'm not trying to get anyone riled up in here, just don't like the assumption that I'm trying to disrespect anyone on this board, while being disrespected by the person making that allegation.

Anyone that knows me since I've been on here knows I don't start shit with people or talk smack on here, so don't assume that I'm doing that now. Just standing up for myself, is all.
Mean Mister Mustard
Relax man I was kidding, why would I say "Apology accepted" if you hadn't insulted me? I was just playing around. People here also know that I never start any ruckus so don't worry.

I too refer to certain posters as " the guy" simply because I am too concentrated into typing my thoughts into the computer. Again, I was just kidding around.
Byrd Man
*banging my head against the wall as Monty Python comes to take my sarcasm card away*

SHIT!

lol

Ah, it's been a long day, I suppose.
Mean Mister Mustard
It's okay man, might have been a failed attempt on my part at sarcastic humor.
AussieLad
Now why dont you both hold hands and kiss.... rolleyes.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
You'd like that wouldn't you?
Byrd Man
Damn Australians...ever since Paul Hogan, I just knew you dudes were suspect! lol
pacco_diablo
Roys response funny. "He wants to wear everlast. I'm going to give him an everlasting whipping."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.