Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Trinidad: Round by Round Results/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
This thread is for all discussion about the round by round action in Jones vs. Trinidad. For exclusive up-to-the-minute updates, please link to our Fighthype round by round page here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...c031add39095ee0

Please keep all comments about the fight in this thread. Please do not post duplicate threads or spoiler threads about the fight. We reserve the right to delete spoiler threads and close duplicate threads. All fight commentary should stay in here.

Jack

Administrator

The CEO
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 19 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]375466[/snapback]
OHHHHHH! lol

I actually think that May/Huggy was more of a gimme than this fight. There are too many IFS in this fight for me to bet any kind of money on it. That money you bet on May, like you didn't know already, was SMART money and I'm glad you did well.

This fight tonight intrigues me now. I know I said that I would not buy it, but it is getting VERY tempting. I'm gunna try and stay away from my remote during that time or have my wife put a PIN on that shit.

laugh.gif

I can see where it's tempting to buy it......but I'll be out from like 9-11:30 tonight...I'm just gonna come here to catch the RBR...

as far as betting on this one...I agree...not as much a gimmie with some outside influences lingering....staying away from this one...Mayweather-Hatton was the first Boxing bet I ever made online...not gonna get sucked into doing it all the time....

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 19 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]375473[/snapback]
FYI Jones in the last 12 hours has moved from -335 to -300 to win. Good news for any last minute guys wanting to throw a little on Jones.

Are you betting on this one, Brutal?...I know you like the stoppage....it's 13-17 to 1 in Pick the Round...if you feel super confident, maybe you should drop a a hundred apiece on some particular rounds...
BrutalBodyShots
[quote name='The C.E.O.' date='Jan 19 2008, 08:05 PM' post='375491']

I was looking at picking a few rounds but don't really feel confident in any of them. My overall feeling is that Jones stops Trinidad somewhere in rounds 6-9 give or take, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that KO came sooner or later than that.

I split my cash on this one between Jones to win (at -300) and the under (10.5 rounds at -120). I put most of the money on Jones to win since that is the "safer" bet and I'd be really pissed if he won the fight on the cards and I put all my marbles in the under basket.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Well I gave in and ordered this. I got a couple buddies pitchin in and its only 15 a piece so thats not a bad deal i guess. Should be a good fight, it's two legends going at it. Hopefully the card is good. I got Jones in a close decision tonight.
Kyle
CyruS
This weed must be strong because the preview show right now on PPV was just talking about Trinidad-Delahoya and how it was a great fight and really was the fight of the millennium......

hell of a drug...
Romulus9
Arthur Mercante Jr. for the main event.

Mother of God.

It's Whitaker-Hurtado all over again.

And if it goes the distance, Tom Kaczmarek is a judge.

Good Lord.
The CEO
You smokin', C..? What kinda weed you got?

I got that shit that killed Elvis.
hitman harding
Was the collazo fight shown ?
Jack 1000
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:07 PM) [snapback]375504[/snapback]
Arthur Mercante Jr. for the main event.

Mother of God.

It's Whitaker-Hurtado all over again.
And if it goes the distance, Tom Kaczmarek is a judge.
Good Lord.

Oh yea,

Tom Kaczmarek. The senile 70 year old bag that gave WBC seminars on how to judge fights. He wrote a book on this, no joke.

He had Oscar beating Mayweather.

He had Leonard beating Hearns in the rematch.

They also have Nelson Vasquez of Puerto Rico as a judge, but I don't think that will help Tito. Julie Lederman is the best of the appointed officials for tonight's main event.

Jack
hardhead
I was thinking since Jones is the naturally bigger fighter and because he's been the more active of the two(not that much but more then Trinidad) that I liked Jones' chances of winning a decision(it's had for me to predic Roy winning by KO when it's been so long) but he was fighting guys at Lightheavy who were naturally bigger and stronger then him so I think he'll have a chance if Trinidad looks sluggish like he did with Wright and mayorga to catch him with those fast uppercuts or hooks and hurt him, I've seen Roys recent fights and he no doubt still has fast hands and a still throws a very nice body shot(when he commits to it) which I think will be the key for Roy, he's going to have to throws those body shots early coupled with the fact that I think Trinidad may be a little rusty in the beginning and also use his jab to make Trinidad keep setting his feet(something Winky and Hops did to him) to neutralize that left hook of Tito. If he does that, work the body, keep the fight in the center, and take away Trinidad's left hook it'll just come down to stamina for Roy and can he keep it up for 12 rounds. For Trinidad I think the key will be rust, I just wonder how rusty he's going to be after not fighting in so long(he was rusty for Mayorga and was kd in the early rounds from beign off balance), but one thing that may play into his advantage is that while Roy's handspeed is still there, his legs aren't really there like they used to, he lays on the ropes a lot more and he just isn't near as quick on his feet as he used to be, and with Trinidad's style of pressure they'll be some tense moments for Roy and opportunities for Tito to get off and land, in other words pressure, pressure, pressure like G.Johnson. Another key in my mind will be can a guy like Trinidad who fought the bulk of his career at WW, JM and MW have that legitimate punch to hurt Jones, if sometime during the fight Roy feels the power and feels he can lay back at times and take his punch I think Roy will outbox him. On the flip side Jones has been knocked out brutually 3 times in his last 6 fights and Trinidad as a fighter in general is known as a puncher so even if Roy is the bigger man, Roy's chin has to be brought into consideration so it would not shock me to see Trinidad get the stoppage.

I'll go with Jones in a close but clear UD maybe stoppage in the middle rounds...
CyruS
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 19 2008, 09:10 PM) [snapback]375506[/snapback]
You smokin', C..? What kinda weed you got?

I got that shit that killed Elvis.

That bluuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeee

drag.gif
Southeastpaw
When in your opinion has Jones shown a "lack of power" when fighting below 175? Even at 175 he had power when he wanted to use it. See Griffen II.

Even if Jones was just an average puncher at 168-175 (and I believe him to be slightly better than average) that power is CERTAINLY enough to hurt Trinidad who's been dropped by much less powerful shots (and much SLOWER shots too).

Yes, I do understand that Jones has shown power in the past, pre-Ruiz, but limited power and was never considered a "power puncher". But I am talking about the Jones after the Ruiz bout. Needless to say, Roy has lost more than a step since his last KO victory, which was before his prime fell off a cliff. Roy fought a couple of guys that he should have stopped in his last two bouts, but did not. With the exception of a couple of fights, Roy's KOs were a result of his confidence in his constant speedy assault, and that "hit and not be hit" philosophy of fighting. He would leave the ref no choice. He used to be very precise with awesome reflexes. This is not the case here. He just might be able to stop Tito, but the way many are pretty much stating it as a "given" before the bout just seems a little weird to me. I mean from what we have seen from Jones since his "fall", he has not shown me anything that would tell me that he would KO Tito. Sure, he may outspeed and box Tito's ears off for 12 rounds, but there are still IFS there as well. This is why I am interested, now, in seeing this fight. But I will be reading the RBR instead.
Method
WOW! Did anyone see the CASTS that Don Felix was wrapping in Trinidad's locker room? HBO had there cameras in the room, and the first words out of Manny's mouth (and he literaly took the words out of mine) were, in a deadly serious voice, "there looks like an absorbanent amount of gauze on Trinidad's hands", to which Lampley responded, "well, if Jones' team is in there, they are not doing their job". Damn.
Hatuey
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 19 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]375527[/snapback]
WOW! Did anyone see the CASTS that Don Felix was wrapping in Trinidad's locker room? HBO had there cameras in the room, and the first words out of Manny's mouth (and he literaly took the words out of mine) were, in a deadly serious voice, "there looks like an absorbanent amount of gauze on Trinidad's hands", to which Lampley responded, "well, if Jones' team is in there, they are not doing their job". Damn.

Here we go with the bs
Southeastpaw
YES!!!! Wrap those hands killer!!!!
Warlord
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 19 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]375527[/snapback]

Jones might come out of this fight looking like Vargas if he isn't careful. I don't know why, after all these years, more fighters and their managers aren't aware of the illegal shit that does, and has always, gone on with Trinidad and his illegal wraps. Ridiculous.
Method
Here we go with the bs

Ay, man, Im just quoting what the HBO team was saying.
PR316
Didn't Manny Steward say that they were doing a good job with the wraps??
Rabbit Punch2
Tito is gonna catch Roy. Upset TKO 6.

Just a hunch
Romulus9
QUOTE(Rabbit Punch2 @ Jan 19 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]375546[/snapback]
Tito is gonna catch Roy. Upset TKO 6.

Just a hunch

Tito should be glad this fight is in 2008 and not 2000.
namor
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 19 2008, 11:51 PM) [snapback]375545[/snapback]
Didn't Manny Steward say that they were doing a good job with the wraps??

Manny is lying ,he knows trinidad is a cheater but is trying to cover for his ass.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(namor @ Jan 19 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]375548[/snapback]
Manny is lying ,he knows trinidad is a cheater but is trying to cover for his ass.

What exactly is the rule on the hand wraps? How much wrap can be applied to the hands and how much more do Tito's trainers apply if they get away with it? I can only recall a couple of times when Tito was ordered to have his hands rewrapped by the commission. Boxing rules require an opposing member of the camp to be present in the dressing room during fighter prep, so Lamply is right about Jones' team if this is the case.

Jack
namor
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 20 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]375549[/snapback]
What exactly is the rule on the hand wraps? How much wrap can be applied to the hands and how much more do Tito's trainers apply if they get away with it? I can only recall a couple of times when Tito was ordered to have his hands rewrapped by the commission. Boxing rules require an opposing member of the camp to be present in the dressing room during fighter prep, so Lamply is right about Jones' team if this is the case.

Jack

i was only playing
Southeastpaw
So, is anything surprising happening in there?
CyruS
Tito is actually throwing body shots lol
Romulus9
Roy is blocking a lot of these shots with the gloves.
CyruS
Wtf am I watching? This is an actual fight, Trinidad is actually showing some head movement and dodging punches and it looks like hes banked the first 2 rounds lol.
KOpower
Trinidad won round 1 imo...10-9 Tito.
Southeastpaw
TITO TITO TITO TITO TITO!!!!
KOpower
Tito won round 2.

20-18 Tito.
The CEO
What the fuck?

This is a fight and Tito is pulling the trigger?

laugh.gif

What is Jones doing?
CyruS
Laying on the ropes and taunting Tito isnt going to win rounds roy...
Byrd Man
ESPN.COM has Tito 2 rounds to 1
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 20 2008, 12:17 AM) [snapback]375558[/snapback]
What the fuck?

This is a fight and Tito is pulling the trigger?

laugh.gif

What is Jones doing?

I'll bet Clark is shitting in his pants right about now. lol
hitman harding
I hope RJJ gets KTFO !!!
Tito Tito
Romulus9
Kellerman is spot on tonight. Jones is landing all of the CLEAN shots. I've got Jones up.
hardhead
Good round(4) for Jones, I think Tito was a bit stunned by some of those punches and was backing up, Jones needs to keep up the pressure and let his hands go a little more and I think he can stop Tito...
KOpower
I give round 3 to Jones

Tito is up 29-28
The CEO
QUOTE(CyruS @ Jan 20 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]375559[/snapback]
Laying on the ropes and taunting Tito isnt going to win rounds roy...

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 20 2008, 12:20 AM) [snapback]375561[/snapback]
I'll bet Clark is shitting in his pants right about now. lol

laugh.gif

What the fuck is goin' on here??

Is Jones doing crane poses and shit??
KOpower
I agree that Jones is starting to come on.
Romulus9
Tito is circling and moving back. No more walking in anymore. Tito... problem, buddy?
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 20 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]375566[/snapback]
laugh.gif

What the fuck is goin' on here??
Is Jones doing crane poses and shit??

lol. I'm readin Hype's RBR. Couldn't bring myself to buy the fight.
The CEO
Yeah...reading the RBR on the website now...
Romulus9
Tito's getting bitchslapped. There's your RBR. Tito's best shots of the night landed.... only really clean shots so far.

Nothing.
hardhead
I think Jones has won rounds(4,5,6) with Tito winning the first 3. I have it even.
hardhead
Roy landed the best punches of the fight in the last 40 seconds of that round..
hardhead
ROY JUST CLIPPED HIM BIG RIGHT HAND!!!!
Romulus9
Come get some more Tito....

bitch.
hardhead
Tito got BEAT in that round, Tito's best punch of the fight have been those body shots but Roy is starting land at will with the rights and lefts, Tito is backing up catching his wind trying to recover...
CyruS
Wtf is Jones doing? He drops tito and didn't finish him? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.