Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Tito could make 154 or 160?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I think that he would have a very good shot against Oscar. No doubt that Oscar outboxed Tito that last time that they fought but he no longer has legs to fight that kind of fight he would have to go toe to toe with Tito and would play to Tito's favor.
Byrd Man
You should wipe that hate off your lips. It's not a good look.
streetlion1
This is silly! DLH would beat the hell outta Tito.......and so would any other top name! People shouldnt go thinking tito is "back" now just because he hung in there with an old RJJ.
Douchebag
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 20 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]375759[/snapback]
I think that he would have a very good shot against Oscar. No doubt that Oscar outboxed Tito that last time that they fought but he no longer has legs to fight that kind of fight he would have to go toe to toe with Tito and would play to Tito's favor.

Hate is good for the immune system. lol
Douchebag
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 20 2008, 01:10 PM) [snapback]375761[/snapback]
This is silly! DLH would beat the hell outta Tito.......and so would any other top name! People shouldnt go thinking tito is "back" now just because he hung in there with an old RJJ.

Oscar is old too and isn't what he used be. He is in the same boat as RJJ IMO.
JD
Oscar by decision, but Tito certainly has a chance.
Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 20 2008, 01:17 PM) [snapback]375768[/snapback]
Oscar by decision, but Tito certainly has a chance.

This would be the most likely outcome. I do see Tito make in it interesting. Tito would be the bigger man and we all know what happened the last Oscar fought guy that was bigger than him.
JD
Tito made a good account of himself last night.

He did enough to confirm my view that Tito would beat Taylor.
BigG
Yeah, I dont really think he slipped at all since the Mayorga fight. Roy was just too big and fast for him.
streetlion1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 20 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]375764[/snapback]
Oscar is old too and isn't what he used be. He is in the same boat as RJJ IMO.

No way......do you think Tito would offer the same challenge that DLH gave PBF....DLH is past it but still has way more left in the tank than Tito does IMO. He isnt in the same boat as RJJ cause he can still fight the top guys and make a fight out of it. If you see RJJ against a top name right now I bet he would take an ass whoopin!
Douchebag
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 20 2008, 01:29 PM) [snapback]375776[/snapback]
No way......do you think Tito would offer the same challenge that DLH gave PBF....DLH is past it but still has way more left in the tank than Tito does IMO. He isnt in the same boat as RJJ cause he can still fight the top guys and make a fight out of it. If you see RJJ against a top name right now I bet he would take an ass whoopin!

Roy Jones can beat Calzaghe. Even at this stage in his career Roy is quick enough keep up with Zag and Zag has never been known for his power. I would favor Roy if they were to fight. So to answer your question DLH and RJJ are on the same boat. And no Tito would loose to PBF in same way that he lost to Winky but Oscar is not PBF and does't have the legs to outbox Tito for 12 rounds like he did that last time they fought. Oscar would have stand and trade with Tito which gives Tito the chance to land bombs.
BoxingStill#1
I think tito looked ecxeptionally strong through out the fight. He still has a massive lft hook that actually was doing some damage against RJ early in the fight. He definately has a shot against DLH simply because he still retains that power, and DLH dosent move like he use too..

Roy looked about B-, B+. His offensive tactics were nicem and timed right. But RJ now makes the terrible mistake of standing in front of his opponents with a sort of Winky type of defense,.....I think he does this mainly because he knows he no longer has the reaction time to get away from jabs any more,.....Even though it is not entertaining to watch, it is smarter for him as a fighter.

RJ still would have a very difficult time with Calzaghie,....and even Bernard,....

DLH would beat Tito,....But would'nt that be a hell of a money genorating tune up exhibition fight for him this comming may?.....

Kudos to both fighters.....

PR316
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 20 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]375761[/snapback]

An old but fit and still fast Jones is light years better than an old, fat, and unmotivated De La Hoya.
BrutalBodyShots
Guys what we know of DLH is that he sucks at 160. He arguably lost to Sturm and of course no shame in losing to Hopkins... but at 160 DLH simply doesn't look good. Trinidad had mixed success at 160 - at least he showed the ability to win fights at 160 and to have the gas to go 12 rounds. Interestingly I think DLH-Trinidad II at 160 would look quite similar to their first fight with DLH winning the majority of the first half of the fight and Trinidad winning the majority of the second half. DLH doesn't have the legs or gas to run for 4 rounds though (especially being older now and at 160) so the last rounds would be much more exciting with him probably getting hurt. No way does DLH take those left hooks to the body as well as Jones did the other night.

Honestly I'd probably favor Trinidad to eek out a decision over DLH at 160... again, just like the first fight. Wouldn't that suck for Oscar to lose to Trinidad again but a cunt hair?

The Original MrFactor
I think there's only 1 fight at 54 - 60 for Tito. Thats DLH... I'd think that Tito would be able to hit Oscar cleanly at this stage of the game. He didnt look bad against Jones. He was just beaten by a bigger guy. I agree with Brutal, in that DLH wont take those body shots as well as Jones did. In fact I think that will be the difference in a fight w/DLH. I think Tito stops DLH in around 9 or 10 rounds...

Tito wouldnt be competitive with the top dogs at 160. IF he can make 54, he may be able to hang with somebody like Forrest or Alcine...
buford54
I'd still pick Oscar at 154. At 160 I go w/ Tito. Oscar looked terrible at that weight.
154, Oscar outboxes him.
Say what you want, but Tito has no clue what to do with a jab. Hopkins did it, and Wright did it. Oscar is much more adaptable than Tito.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.