Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh How Quickly We Forget...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pitojenn
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font] dntknw.gif Just the other day we saw Jones sitting and Laying on the canvas, knocked on his butt by two "who's"? Last night 1/19/08, Jones beat one of the best the sport had to offer. And at 39 he thinks he's accomplished the unthinkable, despite the fact that Foreman did much more at 42, Hopkins and 40. What? Roy Jones Jr. beat Trinidad by running, although he did say he refused to have Trinidad go 12 rounds with him. One thing's for sure, I'd like to see Jones stay and face Calzaghe, or even return to the light heavy division and face Tarver or Johnson again. Call it: "DeJaVu". I do applaude Roy for his conquering of a fat, sloppy, slower/heavier John Ruiz, to accomplish what no one had in a century. But that would be all he gets from me, since Roy hasn't been Roy Jones since his face-off against Toney way back when. I wasn't impressed by neither man [Jones or Trinidad]. Roy wants to impress anyone, get in the ring and avenge those knock outs with Tarver and Johnson. One needs to say no more, since I've yet to see such a talked about person as Jones, get wacked two times in a row by fighters who no one knew prior to his face meeting their fists. Was it a surprise that Trinidad didn't have anything for a good dancer/runner? Was it a surprise that Jones would run, pitty-pat and run some more? No. It was a surprise to see two of the best, oldest champions return to face eachother in a fight hardly anyone would be impressed with. In any case, we'll see what happens in the near future. It'd definitely be something to wait for......
BoxingStill#1
Wow,..no credit in the least?.....
BrutalBodyShots
Typical debut post.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.