Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Birthday
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Hatuey
Happy birthday to Martin!!!! He made this part of the world(America) a better place for us all
TheWhiteBuffalo
Just curious......

Can you really wish "Happy Birthday" to someone who is deceased?

MLK day is a big salute to a great man, but I am not sure about the "Happy Birthday" greeting......
ElectricTwinkie
MLK was born on January 15, 1929... I'm all for giving credit where it is due, but at least know what/why we are celebrating.
STEVENSKI
Is there a MLK day in the US & would it not be more appropriate to make a thread on the man then?

What is sad is that when I think of MLK I think of what I was told if I ever come to the US & want to get ho's or drugs then just cruise down MLK boulevarde in any city & thats where to find them. Sadly I don't think that was the dream he had.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 21 2008, 06:30 PM) [snapback]375938[/snapback]
Is there a MLK day in the US & would it not be more appropriate to make a thread on the man then?

What is sad is that when I think of MLK I think of what I was told if I ever come to the US & want to get ho's or drugs then just cruise down MLK boulevarde in any city & thats where to find them. Sadly I don't think that was the dream he had.

Your statement is very true. Every MLK Blvd I have ever been too is just ghetto and in a very poor area (crime, drugs, etc.). Definitely not what he would have envisioned, and very unfortunate.
Spyder
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 21 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]375945[/snapback]
Your statement is very true. Every MLK Blvd I have ever been too is just ghetto and in a very poor area (crime, drugs, etc.). Definitely not what he would have envisioned, and very unfortunate.

I live off of MLK street and it's perfectly fine...in fact, the neighborhoods haven't changed at all since the days that it was called 9th street.

Maybe it's only the MLK avenue's and blvd's that are shitty and the MLK streets are ok... dntknw.gif
BigJuicyHog
In one of the cities I used to live in, the shittiest street in the entire shitty city was renamed to MLK Blvd (at least half of it was). If they really wanted to put his name somewhere nice, but it on a street around some new housing developements.
hardhead
It's true, in New Orleans you DO NOT want to go down MLK BLVD..
ElectricTwinkie
This is not where I saw this thread going.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 23 2008, 11:40 AM) [snapback]376113[/snapback]
I live off of MLK street and it's perfectly fine...in fact, the neighborhoods haven't changed at all since the days that it was called 9th street.

Maybe it's only the MLK avenue's and blvd's that are shitty and the MLK streets are ok... dntknw.gif

Indeed. If you are on a MLK "Blvd", in the words of Chris Rock, "RUN!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.