Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heath Ledger
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Bill The Butcher
I guess he was found dead in his home? That sucks!!!
rusty_trombone
yeah, he ate it
CyruS
Those post production wizards on the dark knight better earn their paychecks now.
Bill The Butcher
That's going to be kind of weird to see Heath Ledger on screen playing the Joker. I think they should do an "In Memory of Heath Ledger" at the end of the movie. The guy had a ton of talent, especially at the age of 28.
STEVENSKI
I liked him in Candy where he played a smackie.
BGv2.0
I'm thinking he just knew damn good and well his Joker performace could not hold a candle to Jack's...and said...."Fuck it"!

lol

Seriously though....I heard it happened in one of the Olsen Twins appartment.....which means Heath was banging and getting high with Michelle Tanner!

Sounds like a bad joke......a Gay cowboy and a Suburban child are snorting coke...(ba dumb ba)!

Too bad.....assout!

BigJuicyHog
Thats really sucks. I liked him in a Knights Tale (corny but entertaining). From what I saw of the new Batman he played a great and sinister Joker. Some people are going to say Jack is better no matter what, but it looks like he puts on quite the performance. The Joker is supposed to be completly sick and twisted...I didnt really get that so much from Jack.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Jan 23 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]376102[/snapback]
Thats really sucks. I liked him in a Knights Tale (corny but entertaining).

I was going to come on here and crack a joke about how I liked him in Knight's Tale!

"10 things i hate about you" was another good one.

Damn that dude was young!
Method
He was also good in The Patriot.

I liked him in Candy where he played a smackie.

From what I heard, he really got into that role, and something tells me (River Phoenix), that whenever these guys have to play the heroin addicts, they do too much "research". Same thing happened w River. I'm not saying this is the same situation, but who knows. I heard original reports were he had needles in his arms, but that could be total horse shit. I read reports that sleeping pills were found within arms distance. Ambien, I believe.

Peculiarly, on TMZ, they had a paparazzi video of Jack Nicholson catching a smoke outside a restaurant in LA, and when the pap asked Jack his thoughts on Ledger's death (Jack CLEARLY had not yet heard, and is told it was a death by overdose), Jack says, "That's horrible", then says, "I tried to warn him", and also had somewhat of a grin on his face.
BGv2.0
Last night I watched "Bully" with the late Brad Renfro. With his recent death as well as Ledger's.....I cannot help but wonder if maybe the roles these guys would take play a part in their demise.

I mean....look at Renfro's body of work.....from the time he was a little kid, he stared in some pretty dark films...and this was a trend he pretty much stuck too his entire career.

Ledger recently was doing the same thing. We wil have to wait and see just how dark and evil his Joker turns out to be, but he had already made comments that it was a hard role to tackle.

Look at a guy like Johnny Depp....who does a Sweeny Tood or From Hell every few years.....BUT manages to get some Pirates or Willy Wonka in there as well to kind of counteract the others....he's still alive and well.

Maybe it has nothing to do with it....but I could not help but wonder.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 24 2008, 03:50 PM) [snapback]376287[/snapback]
Last night I watched "Bully" with the late Brad Renfro. With his recent death as well as Ledger's.....I cannot help but wonder if maybe the roles these guys would take play a part in their demise.

I mean....look at Renfro's body of work.....from the time he was a little kid, he stared in some pretty dark films...and this was a trend he pretty much stuck too his entire career.

Ledger recently was doing the same thing. We wil have to wait and see just how dark and evil his Joker turns out to be, but he had already made comments that it was a hard role to tackle.

Look at a guy like Johnny Depp....who does a Sweeny Tood or From Hell every few years.....BUT manages to get some Pirates or Willy Wonka in there as well to kind of counteract the others....he's still alive and well.

Maybe it has nothing to do with it....but I could not help but wonder.

I think Depp has just been lucky, I mean River Phoenix OD'ed at his club.

And all the time he spent with Hunter S. Thompson, I can't imagine those nights.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 25 2008, 08:15 AM) [snapback]376346[/snapback]
I think Depp has just been lucky, I mean River Phoenix OD'ed at his club.

And all the time he spent with Hunter S. Thompson, I can't imagine those nights.

You really don't have to imagine them, you've seen the movie.

Speaking of ole Hunter, what kind of asshole off's himself with his wife on the phone...that dude was a selfish dick. And can you think of a more pretentious funeral then having your ashes shot out of a canon? That dude definitely paid the retard tax...
Method
He had six perscription pill bottles in the room, including, Xanex, Zoloft, Ambien , Ativan, and maybe Vicodin, among a couple others.

Cops found a rolled up $20 that appeared to have powdered residue, but apparently came back clean.

My hunch is he dies before he had a chance to snort those ativan (which is exactly what these retards do with ativan).

You don't OD on Xanax or the like.

If I didn't know any better I'd say he was snorting H, but who knows.

Apparently he had big time sleeping troubles due to the his work as the Joker. The whole psychosis of the character had him wired in his sleep, and therefore he couldn't get any (sleep).

Who knows. It's a shame but dude had to be doing something.

We'll see.
BGv2.0
This is a little off topic, but I got to thinking about actors that could have made the ultimate Joker....and Crispen Glover came to mind. Think about it....very tall and thin....the long face and big mouth...AND...as a bonus....he's pretty nuts as it is!

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 25 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]376351[/snapback]
You really don't have to imagine them, you've seen the movie.

Speaking of ole Hunter, what kind of asshole off's himself with his wife on the phone...that dude was a selfish dick. And can you think of a more pretentious funeral then having your ashes shot out of a canon? That dude definitely paid the retard tax...

yeah, but it was a self-inflicted retard tax, he knew it was time for him to go.

I think I'm gonna have myself stuffed after I eat it, then put somewhere, I don't know maybe like in a museum.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 26 2008, 12:22 PM) [snapback]376494[/snapback]
yeah, but it was a self-inflicted retard tax, he knew it was time for him to go.

I think I'm gonna have myself stuffed after I eat it, then put somewhere, I don't know maybe like in a museum.

Why don't you just pop out of the box in Shea Stadium as the new Home Run Apple?

Can you imagine the horror on the kid's faces as this stuffed dead guy is shown on the Jumbotron after Beltran jacks one?

laugh.gif

The CEO
laugh.gif

I haven't been very moved by this guy's death...I had noticed he had been spiralling downward the past year...leaving his wife and his young daughter...he was dressing and looking grungier and grungier...staying at The Chateau Marmont where all the fucked up celebs hang out...

I'm also sure he wasn't happy with The Brokeback stigma...both him and Gyllenhaal weren't too proud of being in that movie and were noticeably annoyed when they were asked questions about it....
Spyder
I don't feel bad for the Brokeback boy's. They cashed the check, so obviously it was worth it to them...
The CEO
Yep...they're both set for life off that one alone (well...one is)...but I feel Ledger was overrated skillswise...

Any actor worth their salt should be able to play a troubled, country, cornholing bastard with very little dialogue...
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 26 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]376513[/snapback]
Yep...they're both set for life off that one alone (well...one is)...but I feel Ledger was overrated skillswise...

Any actor worth their salt should be able to play a troubled, country, cornholing bastard with very little dialogue...

I personally think the movie would've been funnier if Billy Bob Thornton's character from 'Slingblade' and Sloth from the Goonies were the lead characters.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 26 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]376510[/snapback]
Why don't you just pop out of the box in Shea Stadium as the new Home Run Apple?

Can you imagine the horror on the kid's faces as this stuffed dead guy is shown on the Jumbotron after Beltran jacks one?

laugh.gif

Dude, I don't know if they're moving the apple to the new stadium. I hope they are, man I would love to spend eternity in that apple. Especially if I got to wear a Mr. Met head.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 26 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]376511[/snapback]
...both him and Gyllenhaal weren't too proud of being in that movie and were noticeably annoyed when they were asked questions about it....

True story! My cousin is a big wrestler in the local Austin TX Wrestling circut, anyhow a few years back he often worked extra jobs as security for film sets. He worked with quite a few celebs, one of which was Matthew Mcconaughey. A couple of years later, this was about a year or so ago....my cousin was totally smashed and was at a little cafe trying to sober up. Matthew comes in, with Gyllenhaal....my cousin goes up to him and says what's up and shakes his hand and gives him a hug, Matt remembered him and introduced Jake....my dumbass cousin shakes his hand and says "I'd hug you too man...but you'd probally try to queer me"! lol

F'N moron! Anyhow...Matthew busted out laughing his ass off....and Gyllenhaal just gave my cuz a fuck you look and said..."yeah".

My cuz is a total jackass! lol
The CEO
I forgot to mention that that's fucked up...

Not your story, BG...the image of Karl Childers and Sloth bein' rough and gay in a tent...

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2008, 07:09 PM) [snapback]376750[/snapback]
I forgot to mention that that's fucked up...
Not your story, BG...the image of Karl Childers and Sloth bein' rough and gay in a tent...

laugh.gif

I wonder who's the pitcher? It's gotta be sloth, although I bet he gives a hell of a bj with that mouth.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 28 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]376764[/snapback]
I wonder who's the pitcher? It's gotta be sloth, although I bet he gives a hell of a bj with that mouth.

No way!

That snaggle tooth would do work on your junk! I say you'd have better luck with Karl's underbite...

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
Karl: "I rekon you can put that candy bar up my ass, umhumm."

Spyder
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 30 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]376957[/snapback]
Karl: "I rekon you can put that candy bar up my ass, umhumm."

laugh.gif

"You shouldn't have done that...he's just a boy...umhumm."

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]376954[/snapback]
No way!

That snaggle tooth would do work on your junk! I say you'd have better luck with Karl's underbite...

laugh.gif

nah man, karl would chop your shit off with his slingblade, some folks call it a kaiser blade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.