Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones will drop for DLH!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
What do you guys think of Jones saying that he'll drop all the way down to 156lb to fight DLH?

I doubt Jones could even make that weight but if he does one would wonder just how much he would have left after killing himself to make it.

I say if Jones is seriouse about dropping all that weight DLH should take it. It will be a huge advantage for Oscar and if he somehow happens to pull it off he'll be one up on Tito.
moscow bear
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 23 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]376152[/snapback]
What do you guys think of Jones saying that he'll drop all the way down to 156lb to fight DLH?

I doubt Jones could even make that weight but if he does one would wonder just how much he would have left after killing himself to make it.

I say if Jones is seriouse about dropping all that weight DLH should take it. It will be a huge advantage for Oscar and if he somehow happens to pull it off he'll be one up on Tito.

it is 166, not 156 which is clearly not realistic.
BigJuicyHog
Im pretty sure I read that Roy said 156 which I think is a joke since it has been many years since he has been that low.
CyruS
Jones has the eating disorder James Toney should have.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Jan 23 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]376153[/snapback]
it is 166, not 156 which is clearly not realistic.

First he said 166 now he's saying 156lb he must really want that pay day that comes along with DLH if he's willing to go down that far.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 23 2008, 04:51 PM) [snapback]376158[/snapback]
First he said 166 now he's saying 156lb he must really want that pay day that comes along with DLH if he's willing to go down that far.

I don't think it's worth starting a thread over it because it's not realistic..try again
Mean Mister Mustard
BS.
rusty_trombone
Again, I would like to reiterate my challenge to DLH. I will fight him at any weight class, in any venue, on any date. That man has been ducking me for at least 5 years, and I want my due. Any excuses tonight Oscar? aggressive.gif
STEVENSKI
Roy should be ashamed of himself for even thinkning about this fight. Yeah Roy sure has a lot of heart laugh.gif .
Douchebag
Roy is just talking.
BigG
Roy should fight Hopkins.....or the winner of Glen Johnson-Chad Dawson.

Roy cant make 156. Thats RIDICULOUS. 166..yes...maybe.

PR316
It has to be 166, which is a weight Roy could make if he stays lean and keeps himself disciplined. But it'll never happen. Oscar won't go NEAR Roy Jones. He's scared shitless of Roy and he knows Roy would give him a beating.

I think Oscar will fight either Floyd Mayweather or Miguel Cotto in September, and then he'll probably close out his career with a rematch against Tito Trinidad at a catch weight above 160.
BoxingStill#1
Roy has absolutely no chance with DLH at that weight.......Seriuosly,...no joke,....He looked starved and weak at 169.5lbs,....
BoxingStill#1
156 that is.......
PR316
Roy could be on his deathbed and Oscar still wouldn't fight him so this is all moot.

If Oscar would have fought a quality fighter at 147 like a Clottey, Cintron, Margarito, hell even an Andre Berto, then this would be alright. But he's clearly treating the fans like idiots here. I don't see how even the most diehard supporter of the Golden Cross Dresser could defend this. I'm sorry, thats just how I see it.
PR316
I don't hate Oscar personally, I just hate what he's doing right now. I mean I understand to want a tune up for the September fight with Mayweather but I'm sorry, I cannot see how even a loyal De La Hoya fan could defend this BS.

Oscar might as well call out Manny Pacquiao at this rate. Its disgraceful. Roy is actually offering to move down to De La Hoya's weight. Stevie Forbes on the other hand could still make lightweight, and is going to be coming up to at least 147 pounds.

Ok understandable that Oscar won't fight Roy, but are we all to believe that there were no junior middleweights, welterweights, or even junior welterweights availble for Oscar to tune up against??... Sorry, I just don't buy it. And for this, Oscar deserves all the bashing he gets.
BoxingStill#1
Truth is its all rubish anyway!...Why would Oscar fight at 156 then turn around 5 months later and fight at 147?......That would be foolish, and even more foolish for us to discuss a possibility with Roy.....Roy is just trying to get a pay day,....He should fight Tarver.... avenge his loss, then fight the winner (or loser) of Calzaghie Hopkins,..then reclaim his light heavyweight title......Nuff said................ aggressive.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 23 2008, 10:23 PM) [snapback]376201[/snapback]
Now why would Jones fight Tarver? He tried to avenge that loss and failed miserably. He is scared of Tarver, and Tarver owns him. A fourth fight would be pointless and a waste of time. Jones doesn't want any part of Tarver.

I Don't Agree.
I think Roy will beat Tarver if they fought again. Tarver has Faded just as much as Roy but the difference is that Roy has regained some more confidence. I think Roy really thinks he can beat anyone now and that counts for something. I think Roy can beat Guys like Tarver, Glen Johnson and even BHOP. But Roy would lose to guys like Joe Calzaghe and Chad Dawson. Roy is still a very good fighter, only a shadow of what he used to be but still a good fighter.
Hey How about RJJVs Winky @168?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 23 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]376188[/snapback]
Roy could be on his deathbed and Oscar still wouldn't fight him so this is all moot.

You know what's funnier, is that Oscar could be on his death bed and every fighter would still be calling him out
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 23 2008, 04:53 PM) [snapback]376159[/snapback]
I don't think it's worth starting a thread over it because it's not realistic..try again

That sh*t came out of Roy's mouth. Regardless if it's realistic or not it's worth makeing the thread because it was infact said if you don't like it then don't post.

kidbazooka1
The hate for Oscar on this board is unbelieveable.

I know that a prime Jones would whip Oscar just as easy as anyone who has but I give DLH a real good chance if Jones was to indeed come down to 156lb.
STEVENSKI
What I find hard to believe is that people are saying Oscar is full of shit over this when Roid is the one trying to make this fight & drop down to 156. if anything Roid should be getting called on this as it is total bullshit.

Hey Roy why not make a fight at 175 like against a Adamek, Green, Briggs or other mid level 175lber.
BigG
This fight really shouldn't happen unless its at 166 where Jones would beat his ass something terrible. DLH should juist retire already. I hope Stevie Forbes beats his ass.

But as much as I hate him, De La Homo is a HOFer.

Hey Roy why not make a fight at 175 like against a Adamek, Green, Briggs or other mid level 175lber.

Roy shouldn't waste his time with those mid level guys as you called them, go straight for the Dawson-Jonson, Hopkins-Calzgahe winners.
kidbazooka1
Roy is the one picking on the samller guys yet DLH is gettting the hate.

Roy is a scary little pussy. He's not man enough to step in with any decent LHW anymore he's become a joke and should just hang em up.

BigG
Roy is just talking bullshit. There is no way he is moving down to 156. I guess he still excited after winning a big fight on HBO PPV. Dont even take this seriously. However, it would be priceless to see RJJ give DLH a beatdown on HBO. De La Hoya already has a full schedulle for the year it seems. Forbes, Mayweather, and some other opponent on December. I really hope Forbes beats his ass even though Forbes will be too small and kind of fat at 147.

I perosnally want RJ to fight Hopkins because I'd like to see Hopkins attemp to get his revenge after 15 years.
BrutalBodyShots
Roy can't make 156; He looked DRY at 169.5. He'd have to have his blood removed to take any more liquid out of his body.

streetlion1
Hell No!! RJJ looks sick at 170 as it is! I cant imagine seeing him at 156....they would kidnap him and hospitalize him with a feeding tube! laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
seems you've made my point for me......
imperial
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 24 2008, 02:25 AM) [snapback]376215[/snapback]
Roy is the one picking on the samller guys yet DLH is gettting the hate.

Roy is a scary little pussy. He's not man enough to step in with any decent LHW anymore he's become a joke and should just hang em up.

Why are people up in arms?? How many times have Jones just thrown names out there just for the sake of self promoting ..Jones vs DLH will never happen !

And he was all set to fight Hopkins right before Calzaghe until neither party could agree on a split ..Not his fault he didn't want to fight him ..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 24 2008, 05:32 AM) [snapback]376211[/snapback]
Roy shouldn't waste his time with those mid level guys as you called them, go straight for the Dawson-Jonson, Hopkins-Calzgahe winners.

To take a serious beatdown? You act like you are a Roid fan but want to see him seriously hurt? That is what will happen if he steps in the ring with any of those guys bar Hopkins who would outfox him.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 28 2008, 06:17 PM) [snapback]376751[/snapback]
To take a serious beatdown? You act like you are a Roid fan but want to see him seriously hurt? That is what will happen if he steps in the ring with any of those guys bar Hopkins who would outfox him.

I disagree. IMO, Hopkins gets up for this fight and tries to put a beating on Roy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.