Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Fear..... challenging for his 4th Title in 4th Weight Class.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
No Fear, an original 36 Chamber Of Death made fighter on day 1, started his career on May 27, 2007 and is facing Kindred "Spirit" Cole for the vacant World Bantamweight Title this sunday.

No Fear was written off a long time ago when he lost 4 straight fights, 2 by KO to the likes of Fernando "Cuchulito" Montiel, Andrei Sokolnikov, AJ Banal & Kieran "The Pikey" Conway.

After regrouping and rededicating himself to the fight game, No Fear revived his career when he won the World Jr. Flyweight Championship against Virtually Undefeated Champion "Awesome" Awesome.

And he's gained pound for pound ranking after 4 straight fights with 4 division World Champion Frankie "The Brit" Skipton going 2-1-1 with him.

How the hell is No Fear still alive and competing on a world class level!?

Can the Grizzled 3 Division World Champ pull it off against Kindred Cole??

(I'm actually pretty surprised he's made it as far as he has in his career.)
BigG
He's had a few big wins...over Skipton, Pikey, Hayes, Anxious Alan, to name a few. HOFer in my book. Is this his last fight?
CyruS
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 24 2008, 11:42 AM) [snapback]376246[/snapback]
He's had a few big wins...over Skipton, Pikey, Hayes, Anxious Alan, to name a few. HOFer in my book. Is this his last fight?

No, not his last fight. I think I will have him die in the 36 chambers like Cotto will.
Maxy
Kindred "Spirit" Cole has expressed his delight that he is to fight Cyrus "No Fear" Virus for the vacant Bantamweight crown. Cole is aware that he will start as the underdog for the fight but is just happy to be given the chance...

"It's funny because if things had shaped up different, this fight would never have happened. Krumbsnatcher used me as part of the deal to make the Angus-Butkiss fights and if Butkiss had won the 2nd bout, I would have been at 36 Chambers myself now...if that had happened, this opportunity is unlikely to have arisen. It's a honour to share the ring with No Fear and I've got nothin' but respect for him. He's earned his stripes. They don't call him a grizzled vet for nothin'. Fighters like him and myself are what makes this great sport even greater...we will always fight the best. That brother has had some wars in his time but he's far from finished as a top fighter and I know I'm gonna be in for a hard night, win lose or draw. We'll put on a masterclass of skills and the purest's will love the spectacle. Whoever wins, I'm sure it'll be tight. Heads up to No Fear for givin' me this opportunity."
CyruS
QUOTE(No Fear - 2 Time Jr. Bantamweight Champion Of The World @ Former Jr. Flyweight World Champion & Former Strawweight World Champion)
I just want to thank whoever it is thats up there for granting me the strength and will to take me as far as I have gone. I would like to thank Kindred "Spirit" Cole for signing to fight me for the title as he is probably the best Bantamweight Fighter in the division currently. It is only natural that I take on the best that a division has to offer. Will I Win on sunday? I am not sure but one thing is for sure is that I will try my hardest to pull off the victory. Kindred Cole is a tough fighter he's been in there with the best of the best such as my gym mate Here We Go, and the likes of Fernando "Cochulito" Montiel and Z Gorres and he's even beaten the current Lightweight Champion Of The World, Ricardo Reyes. I know I am in for a tough night but I promise to try and deliver something special.
BigG
Z Gorres, who's been in the ring with both had this to say.

"It's a tremendous match. "No Fear" as you know, is a great veteran who is on his way to the Hall Of Fame. Cole is a difficult fighter to fight who also can be in the Hall Of Fame someday. It will be an interesting fight for sure. Cole has good outside skills..."No Fear' is kind of an all-around fighter with alot of experience. I cant make a predicition...something tells me "No Fear" will pull it out though, but Cole can do the same. But I will give the slight edge to "No Fear" because he is a little more experienced and has been in with the greats like Montiel, Skipton, myself, Awesome, and Pikey. We'll see what happens. I've purchased tickets to watch this ringside."
Maxy
Kindred Cole's stablemate, Frankie "The Brit" Skipton offered an interesting insight to the fight when he said, "Kindred should've waited a while longer...I spar with him regularly and he's a good fighter but I always get the better of him. No Fear has more experience and he's very solid. Kindred's only chance is to outbox him but I don't see that happening. One thing I will say is that Kindred will not be broken if he loses....he'll take stock and he'll be back."
CyruS
No Fear puts up a valiant effort against the bigger man in cole but falls short. No Fear loses by UD via scores of 116-112, 115-114 x2.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.