Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ridiculous Media
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
rusty_trombone
How is it that there are two primaries going on, a war, and a ton of other relelvant important shit, but the biggest story for every news outlet is Heath Ledger eating it. Fucking media is a joke, I mean seriously the first page of CNN.com for the last 3 days has been Heath. Maybe if the media didn't have their heads so far up there ass, we wouldn't be emrboiled in a ridiculous war or a government that basically does whatever they want with no accounatability. What happen to muckraking, and real hard-hitting journalism? What happen to questioning the system and the powers at be? Jesus, now all they seem to care about is where Brittney is showing off her snatch and what retard is winning American Idol. Assholes.
ElectricTwinkie
Sound bites. The American general public has the attentionspan of a chipmunk on meth. Sound bites is what the mass media has been reduced to in order to appeal to the masses, and the public eats it up.

ET was quoted as saying "twinkies are bad" when what i really said was "twinkies are a great addition to any meal, scientific evidence shows that a twinkie at every meal lowers the incidence of cance in male Serrenghetti Giraffes. However I've got some 37yr old rancid twinkies I've been saving and want to give Avon for a birthday present. those twinkies are bad."

In closing, it's easier to say "Heath Ledger dies of drug overdoese" than
"American economy fcked, the war on Iraq costing the taxpayers trillions but democracy is prevailing, clinto calls obama 'nice'"
BGv2.0
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 24 2008, 10:38 AM) [snapback]376230[/snapback]
The American general public has the attentionspan of a chipmunk on meth.

Sad as it is to say.....this is true! And it's getting worse. I once took a class with a really cool Prof. who made us read a book called "Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business" by Neil Postman. It was written in the Mid-80s but still managed to address the problem you guys are discussing. Really worth a read.

Anyhow.....this Prof. would get so pissed at "News" taglines on television newscasts....."Give us 30 minutes and we'll give you the world"......how in the hell can you really give a person all of the "news" worthy information of a day in 30 minutes?

YOU CAN'T! lol

One of the most disturbing things is where we are heading.....ever notice kids in a movie theater nowadays? The chipmunk on meth description is as good as any. They can't set still enought to view a movie they paid $ for.....I've seen 17-20-somethings get up and leave if a movie is a little slow.....WTF is that????

Man...when I was a kid....I had self control....if I paid some of my hard earned lawn mowing/chores $$$ for a movie....I was goign to 1.) watch it and 2.) stay till the end even if I hated it!

These kids today.....it's impossible for them.
ElectricTwinkie
I'm sorry.. I zoned out reading your post., Did I miss anything? ohmy.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 24 2008, 04:33 PM) [snapback]376290[/snapback]
Sad as it is to say.....this is true! And it's getting worse. I once took a class with a really cool Prof. who made us read a book called "Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business" by Neil Postman. It was written in the Mid-80s but still managed to address the problem you guys are discussing. Really worth a read.

Anyhow.....this Prof. would get so pissed at "News" taglines on television newscasts....."Give us 30 minutes and we'll give you the world"......how in the hell can you really give a person all of the "news" worthy information of a day in 30 minutes?

YOU CAN'T! lol
One of the most disturbing things is where we are heading.....ever notice kids in a movie theater nowadays? The chipmunk on meth description is as good as any. They can't set still enought to view a movie they paid $ for.....I've seen 17-20-somethings get up and leave if a movie is a little slow.....WTF is that????

Man...when I was a kid....I had self control....if I paid some of my hard earned lawn mowing/chores $$$ for a movie....I was goign to 1.) watch it and 2.) stay till the end even if I hated it!
These kids today.....it's impossible for them.

It's not just kids man, it's adults also.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 25 2008, 08:41 AM) [snapback]376344[/snapback]
It's not just kids man, it's adults also.

Oh I know that....I'm just saying, the kids today seem like they will be even WORSE as the years go by!
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 25 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]376388[/snapback]
Oh I know that....I'm just saying, the kids today seem like they will be even WORSE as the years go by!

The kids of today are tommorrow's politicians...

..*twinkie leaves thread to pack for the move to Sri Lanka*..
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 25 2008, 01:55 PM) [snapback]376389[/snapback]
The kids of today are tommorrow's politicians...

..*twinkie leaves thread to pack for the move to Sri Lanka*..

it's a sad state of affairs my friend
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.