Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chad Dawson callin out RJJ
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Elijah
"WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson is disputing claims by Roy Jones Jr., that he is 'ready to take on all comers in the light heavyweight or super middleweight divisions and beyond.' Dawson said, "He named middleweights Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor, super middleweight Joe Calzaghe, light heavyweight Bernard Hopkins, who has been asking for a rematch for over 10 years, and junior middleweight Oscar De La Hoya. Funny how big old 'Superman' doesn't want to pick on someone his own size, like the reigning WBC light heavyweight champion, me." Dawson's promoter, Gary Shaw added. "Chad doesn't have to send out misleading statements that he's faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive or can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Chad is just stating fact. Until Roy steps up to fight for the world light heavyweight title, the only thing he has in common with Superman is being a cartoon."

I don't think RJJ will ever fight him but it's a fight I would like to see. I guess we'll see how Dawson handles Johnson and take it from there.

What's everyone else think about this possible matchup?
streetlion1
RJJ wont take this fight....if it did happen I see him running his way into a loss by U.D......but if CD catchs him with one its night time!!
Southeastpaw
Roy should take it. It would be a title fight and he would be expected to lose anyhow. But for some reason, me thinks Roy would fair better with Dawson's style than he did with Tarver's. Anyhow, Roy should take it IMO.
Blayde
I dont see how Roy would stand any chance against Dawson at this stage of his career. He just doesnt have the feet anymore that could keep him away from fighting on the inside. And in addition to that he doesnt have the reflexes anymore that could avoid Dawsons counters when Roy would attack himself.

I think Dawson would get a lot of things done when he backed up Jones against the ropes. And thats what happens in Jones fights 2008.
BigG
I got Dawson by decision.
imperial
Its easy to call out big names when your paper chasing as this seems to be the case but lets see what happens after the Johnson fight ..
Maxy
Jones is a great scalp to have on your resume and for a fighter like Dawson he's the ideal name to elevate his status.
I'd agree with Big G and say Dawson by decision, but I don't see the fight happening in any case.
D-MARV
I see Dawson winning this Fight by UD!
But Im a RJJ fan so I would give Jones a chance. Remember, Dawson's Chin is not solid! Maybe Jones can Land a left hook. Better Yet, Since Chad is a Southpaw, The straight Right might be there all night long. who em I kiddin? Chad takes this one. But he better worry about Glen Johnson! that is no cake walk
salvador
Jones should be fighting Tarver and Johnson before anyone else, not that I want to see Tarver-Jones 4. Jones clearly isn't concerned with his legacy at this point, he just wants the cash, which ain't particularly stupid.
BrutalBodyShots
Dawson by fairly easy decision, possibly even a late stoppage.

Big Slim Sweet
If Dawson's calling out Roy he must be getting one hell of an echo. There is absolutely zero chance of this fight happening. No way Roy's stepping in with Chad at this point in time.

Sucks to say, but Dawson's just going to have to cool his heels for a while I think. None of these old guys are going to be looking his way. And if Tarver manages to beat Woods on the undercard in April, you know he'll just use that as an excuse to side step Chad as well, saying Dawson's not a big enough name, etc.

Jones, Tarver, Hopkins, Calzaghe, Wright...All these guys are in the twighlight of their careers. None of them are going to be looking for a fight with Dawson in this lifetime.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 25 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]376414[/snapback]
If Dawson's calling out Roy he must be getting one hell of an echo. There is absolutely zero chance of this fight happening. No way Roy's stepping in with Chad at this point in time.

Sucks to say, but Dawson's just going to have to cool his heels for a while I think. None of these old guys are going to be looking his way. And if Tarver manages to beat Woods on the undercard in April, you know he'll just use that as an excuse to side step Chad as well, saying Dawson's not a big enough name, etc.

Jones, Tarver, Hopkins, Calzaghe, Wright...All these guys are in the twighlight of their careers. None of them are going to be looking for a fight with Dawson in this lifetime.

I dont think Roy will take this fight either. I think that at this point in his career he has nothing to lose so he might as well take the fight and payday that goes with it, I just dont think he will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.