Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sounds like Margarito-Judah aint happening
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
Judah was interviewed on B-talk today and called Arum's offer to fight Margarito "insulting".

Judah: "I'm at the point in my career where there will be no more losses. If somebody is trying to get me a loss, they have to make it well worth it" - which sounds to me like he knows that Margarito will probably beat him and he wants a big paycheck before riding off into the sunset. Later in the interview he babbles about fighting Cotto, which is of course totally unrealistic. Who knows, maybe Zab will get one last big money fight with Mayorga or DLH or even Mosley.

I kind of knew this was coming. The fight just makes no sense at all for Zab. Margarito, maybe even more than Williams, is his worst nightmare at ww.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 25 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]376365[/snapback]
Judah was interviewed on B-talk today and called Arum's offer to fight Margarito "insulting".

Judah: "I'm at the point in my career where there will be no more losses. If somebody is trying to get me a loss, they have to make it well worth it" - which sounds to me like he knows that Margarito will probably beat him and he wants a big paycheck before riding off into the sunset. Later in the interview he babbles about fighting Cotto, which is of course totally unrealistic. Who knows, maybe Zab will get one last big money fight with Mayorga or DLH or even Mosley.

I kind of knew this was coming. The fight just makes no sense at all for Zab. Margarito, maybe even more than Williams, is his worst nightmare at ww.

What a surprise...this was the ONLY good welterweight fight that was gonna happen and now it's not.WTF is happening to the Welterweight division?How can you have this many good fighters in a division and NOT get an exciting matchup that you look forword to this year.I'm losing faith here.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 25 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]376367[/snapback]
What a surprise...this was the ONLY good welterweight fight that was gonna happen and now it's not.WTF is happening to the Welterweight division?How can you have this many good fighters in a division and NOT get an exciting matchup that you look forword to this year.I'm losing faith here.

How is this a "good" welterweight fight when Zab shouldn't even be fighting at 147?

I mean sure it would be "exciting" to watch Margarito beat Zab's ass, but I wouldn't consider it a "good" fight since the outcome is obvious.

salvador
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 25 2008, 01:11 PM) [snapback]376367[/snapback]

Yep, it really is totally disappointing. When the ww division is as stacked as it is and you're only hope is that Cintron might surprise us with a real opponent you know things are bad.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 25 2008, 01:15 PM) [snapback]376369[/snapback]
How is this a "good" welterweight fight when Zab shouldn't even be fighting at 147?

I mean sure it would be "exciting" to watch Margarito beat Zab's ass, but I wouldn't consider it a "good" fight since the outcome is obvious.

Listen Brutal, you should know by now that their is no outcome that is guaranteed in the sport of boxing. In my opinion this would of been an exciting fight and a good fight.A fighter that could give Margarito some problems would be a slick boxer with speed.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 25 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]376371[/snapback]
Yep, it really is totally disappointing. When the ww division is as stacked as it is and you're only hope is that Cintron might surprise us with a real opponent you know things are bad.

True is true.
thehype
I'd regurgitate my thoughts about it, but you can just read it here...

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1813.html
Method
Id be interested to hear what Zab's offer was.

I mean, a fight at MSG, Zab should wabt a piece of the gate pie, as he would be one of the local draws. Regardless f whether I think he's gonna get his ass beat.
buford54
I'm sorry Zab, but win a damn fight! Shut your mouth, and win a big fight!
You mouth off about everyone and you'll fight and beat anyone...but when push comes to shove, you lose your big fights. The only big fight you won was against Spinks, the 2nd time.
I know you want to fight Cotto, but you had your chance, and you got knocked out.
I know you want to rematch Mayweather, and that you beat him for 4 rounds...but the fight is 12 rounds and he beat you for more rounds than you beat him.
Baldomir was your TUNE UP and you blew it and it cost you millions of dollars. Then you went and still lost to Floyd.

Seriously...fight Margarito and win, and then maybe people will talk about you fighting Cotto again, or Williams, or someone like that...but you need to win your damn fights!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 25 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]376372[/snapback]
Listen Brutal, you should know by now that their is no outcome that is guaranteed in the sport of boxing.

So in your opinion then is ANY matchup a good one? Since outcomes are never guaranteed? Margarito would be a solid 3-1 favorite over Judah. Most fights that are 3-1 or wider end up being one sided affairs. I think Margarito-Judah would be pretty one sided after about 4 rounds.

QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 25 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]376372[/snapback]
In my opinion this would of been an exciting fight and a good fight.A fighter that could give Margarito some problems would be a slick boxer with speed.

Judah belongs at 140. 147 is too high for him and Margarito is a BIG 147 pounder. Sure Judah's natural speed and skills will trouble Margarito for maybe 1/3 of the fight, but after that it's all Margarito. I think the fight would closely resemble Cotto-Judah actually outcome wise.

iron_mike
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 25 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]376393[/snapback]
So in your opinion then is ANY matchup a good one? Since outcomes are never guaranteed? Margarito would be a solid 3-1 favorite over Judah. Most fights that are 3-1 or wider end up being one sided affairs. I think Margarito-Judah would be pretty one sided after about 4 rounds.
Judah belongs at 140. 147 is too high for him and Margarito is a BIG 147 pounder. Sure Judah's natural speed and skills will trouble Margarito for maybe 1/3 of the fight, but after that it's all Margarito. I think the fight would closely resemble Cotto-Judah actually outcome wise.

Zab will dance and evade Margarito for a few rounds, but Tony is gonna catch him and rip his nose halfway off like he did to Sebastian Lujan's ear
xxxxxx
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 25 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]376393[/snapback]

Any Matchup? Were talking about the former undisputed welterweight champion here and a former Titlist for several years in the welterweight division.If I were to pick a winner here I would favor Margarito in a good fight.That doesn't mean it ain't a good fight for fans or boxing..that is my point.Judah is a top 10 welterweight right now and like I said a former Undisputed and RING champ there not to long ago.He can fight at 147.I think he may be better at 140, but who knows how much stress that would put on his body..he hasn't fought there for several years now.
salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 25 2008, 01:15 PM) [snapback]376369[/snapback]

Zab did give both Floyd and Cotto (#1 and #2 at ww in most fans eyes, though I think that you and I agree that Williams takes them both) decent fights and Marg's reputation has slipped considerably lately. If Floyd beating Marg is such a foregone conclusion because Marg is so slow and throws such wide punches, then Zab should do pretty well if he chose to box and move because he's just about as quick as Floyd. I'm of course with you in that Zab should be at 140 and that Marg will get the ko, but at the same time it would give Marg's position in the division some clarity. And of course if Zab won he'd have an easy time landing at least one more big money fight.

But like I said, this fight makes no sense for Zab when there's bigger money (Hatton, possibly DLH, Mayorga) and less risky (Malignaggi, Cintron) fights out there for him.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 25 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]376404[/snapback]
Zab did give both Floyd and Cotto (#1 and #2 at ww in most fans eyes, though I think that you and I agree that Williams takes them both) decent fights and Marg's reputation has slipped considerably lately. If Floyd beating Marg is such a foregone conclusion because Marg is so slow and throws such wide punches, then Zab should do pretty well if he chose to box and move because he's just about as quick as Floyd. I'm of course with you in that Zab should be at 140 and that Marg will get the ko, but at the same time it would give Marg's position in the division some clarity. And of course if Zab won he'd have an easy time landing at least one more big money fight.

But like I said, this fight makes no sense for Zab when there's bigger money (Hatton, possibly DLH, Mayorga) and less risky (Malignaggi, Cintron) fights out there for him.

I agree..I'm just a fan who wants to see entertaining fights.I try not to look at the buisness side very much, but I do understand at the end of the day that's what it is. I like the idea of Hatton-Judah.That would be a great fight.I think too many people count Ricky out because Mayweather beat him down and Collozo gave him a tough fight.
BigG
Margarito looks like a 154 pounder and Zab should be at 140. They look about 2 weight classes apart. Margarito not only has the style to beat Zab, he has a huge size advantage as well. Unless Zab rocks him big with an uppercut early, I see no way Zab wins.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 25 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]376441[/snapback]
Margarito looks like a 154 pounder and Zab should be at 140. They look about 2 weight classes apart. Margarito not only has the style to beat Zab, he has a huge size advantage as well. Unless Zab rocks him big with an uppercut early, I see no way Zab wins.

Exactly... which is why I don't see this as a "good" fight. Entertaining? Sure... because most fights where a guy gets stopped is entertaining. But that's about it.

hardhead
I don't know if anybody remembers but Judah made similar comments after the Baldomir fight, that Don King set him up to lose and some other comments that indicated to me that he had lost confidence in himself and was just making excuses for what happened(him losing to a fighter he had no business losing to).
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 25 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]376430[/snapback]
Haha, not to open a can of worms but you used this line to defend why you think Mayweather-Pacquiao wouldn't suck.

Personally, I would enjoy watching Mayweather pick apart Pacman. It would be a huge event.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 26 2008, 02:42 PM) [snapback]376514[/snapback]
Personally, I would enjoy watching Mayweather pick apart Pacman. It would be a huge event.

Pick apart? How about knock out.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 27 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]376557[/snapback]
Pick apart? How about knock out.

yup black eye.gif
streetlion1
Good choice for Judah...bad for boxing fans! He would've looked good against the slower AM but I think he still would've lost. Wrong move tryin to then call out a top name at 147.He could easily be king at 140 and would make big cheese by taking out poor lil' Ricky Hatton. That is the route he needs to take! I just cant see Zab beating any top 147lber...not because he doesnt have the skills ...but because he simply folds in the 2nd half of his fights.
Tha Docta
wouldnt mind seeing judah vs berto. i think he can catch berto and KO him.

ive always thought judah belonged at 140lbs. but you know that since he was the undisputed champ at 147 that he feels like he belongs in that division.

i cant believe that people like his father arent calling for him to drop down in weight. or maybe they wait until his brain gets scrambled a few more times at 147 and then talk about moving down. who knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.