Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are the Best Boxers produced p4p?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Future_Champ
OK when i think about areas that produce great boxers I first think about Michigan(Joe Louis, Thomas Hearns, James Toney, The Mayweathers) And Philly (Bernard Hopkins, Meldrick Taylor, Joe Fraizer).There are a lot of good boxing producing areas and i was wondering where you guys would rank them. You also have New York (sugar ray Robinson ,Jake Lamatta, Mike Tyson, and i guess Zab Judah). You have to add the southern states in the US (Muhammed ALi, George Forman, Roy Jones, Winky Wright) .OF course you gotta add Puerto Rico(Felix Trinidad, Hector camacho).Mexico(JC Chavez, Barrera, Morrales). Cali(Shane Mosley, De la hoya, Vargas,). Here is how i would rank some of the best.

1. Michigan (joe Louis, Thomas Hearns, The Mayweathers, James Toney)
2. Philly( Bernard Hopkins, Joe Frazier,Meldrick Taylor)
3. Puerto Rico (Felix Trinidad, Hector Camacho, Miguel Cotto)
4.New York (Sugar Ray Robinson, Lamatta, Mike Tyson, Kevin Kelly)
5.Mexico (JC Chavez, Barrera, Morales)
6.Southern USA (Ali,Forman, Roy Jones, Winky Wright)
7.Boston (Hagler, Marciano)

What do you guys think
Method
Famous Philadelphia Gym Wars - Philadelphia, PA

NY, LA and Mexico too.

Least honerable mention - Europe.
Future_Champ
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 25 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]376405[/snapback]
Famous Philadelphia Gym Wars - Philadelphia, PA

NY, LA and Mexico too.

Least honerable mention - Europe.

yeah there is no doubt philly has the toughest fighters
durhamshardest
bollocks manchester creates the toughest (not the best) Ricky Hatton, Jamie Moore, Amir Khan (from Bolton but goes to Salford gym), Michael Gomez, Stephen Foster, Craig Watson, Michael Jennings. Forget that not Manchester SALFORD produces the hardest boxers!!!!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Future_Champ @ Jan 25 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]376403[/snapback]
OK when i think about areas that produce great boxers I first think about Michigan(Joe Louis, Thomas Hearns, James Toney, The Mayweathers) And Philly (Bernard Hopkins, Meldrick Taylor, Joe Fraizer).There are a lot of good boxing producing areas and i was wondering where you guys would rank them. You also have New York (sugar ray Robinson ,Jake Lamatta, Mike Tyson, and i guess Zab Judah). You have to add the southern states in the US (Muhammed ALi, George Forman, Roy Jones, Winky Wright) .OF course you gotta add Puerto Rico(Felix Trinidad, Hector camacho).Mexico(JC Chavez, Barrera, Morrales). Cali(Shane Mosley, De la hoya, Vargas,). Here is how i would rank some of the best.
1. Michigan (joe Louis, Thomas Hearns, The Mayweathers, James Toney)
2. Philly( Bernard Hopkins, Joe Frazier,Meldrick Taylor)
3. Puerto Rico (Felix Trinidad, Hector Camacho, Miguel Cotto)
4.New York (Sugar Ray Robinson, Lamatta, Mike Tyson, Kevin Kelly)
5.Mexico (JC Chavez, Barrera, Morales)
6.Southern USA (Ali,Forman, Roy Jones, Winky Wright)
7.Boston (Hagler, Marciano)

What do you guys think

Mexico-Chavez, Olivares, Sanchez, Zarate, Saldivar, Canto, Napoles(by way of Cuba), Lopez, MAB, Morales all HOF or future HOFer's.

Puerto Rico-Gomez, Benitez, Ortiz, Rosario, Camacho, Dejesus,Torres, Trinidad
Future_Champ
QUOTE(durhamshardest @ Jan 25 2008, 04:46 PM) [snapback]376409[/snapback]
bollocks manchester creates the toughest (not the best) Ricky Hatton, Jamie Moore, Amir Khan (from Bolton but goes to Salford gym), Michael Gomez, Stephen Foster, Craig Watson, Michael Jennings. Forget that not Manchester SALFORD produces the hardest boxers!!!!

Tougher than Philly???not even close ...what makes you say something so silly?im glad you atleast know they are not the best or i wouldnt have even replied
Future_Champ
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 25 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]376410[/snapback]
Mexico-Chavez, Olivares, Sanchez, Zarate, Saldivar, Canto, Napoles(by way of Cuba), Lopez, MAB, Morales all HOF or future HOFer's.

Puerto Rico-Gomez, Benitez, Ortiz, Rosario, Camacho, Dejesus,Torres, Trinidad

Well youre right but if i made a all time top 20 p4p list the only one that would be on there is Chavez. Mexico and Puerto Rico produce i lot of great fighters but i dont think they produce the best
Douchebag
QUOTE(Future_Champ @ Jan 25 2008, 04:05 PM) [snapback]376413[/snapback]
Well youre right but if i made a all time top 20 p4p list the only one that would be on there is Chavez. Mexico and Puerto Rico produce i lot of great fighters but i dont think they produce the best

Wow Barrera doesn't make your top twenty.
Future_Champ
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 25 2008, 05:26 PM) [snapback]376416[/snapback]
Wow Barrera doesn't make your top twenty.

Well Barrera is a great fighter dont get me wrong....i just dont think hes the greatest
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Future_Champ @ Jan 25 2008, 04:53 PM) [snapback]376411[/snapback]
Tougher than Philly???not even close ...what makes you say something so silly?im glad you atleast know they are not the best or i wouldnt have even replied

For the last 30 years or so USA and Mexico are the two contries that have produced the most world champions in boxing.
BigG
In recent years, Mexico is definitely 2nd best next to USA...

Fernando Montiel
Marco Antonio Barrera
Juan Manuel Marquez
Erik Morales
Rafael Marquez
Jhonny Gonzalez
Hugo Cazares
Israel Vazquez
Jose Luis Castillo
Jesus Chavez
Martin Castillo
Antonio Margarito

To name a few...Top 10:

1. Erik Morales
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Marco Antonio Barrera
4. Jose Luis Castillo
5. Rafael Marquez
6. Israel Vazquez
7. Fernando Montiel
8. Jhonny Gonzalez
9. Martin Castillo
10. And I guess Antonio Margarito...
Jerry Springer
Cuba.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Future_Champ @ Jan 25 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]376406[/snapback]
yeah there is no doubt philly has the toughest fighters

Don't forget about Youngstown when you are talkin "Tough".
Method
Aw man, I was just kinda kidding. Im from Philly is all, and I am proud that we can be considered somewhat of a proxy for any fighter's metal to be tested, cuz we've got chips on both shoulders, but we sure as hell ain't no be all end all. Every spot has em man. Every spot.

Like B-Hop says bout Gratersford penetentiary being the roughest in PA, "If you in New York, they got a rough one there; If you in LA they got a rough one there; Oklahoma they got a rough one there; Las Vegas...wherever you at, they got 'em".
mexi-cutioner
Idont know about producing the p4p best besides Pacquiao, Pancho Villa and Flash Elorde, but the Phillipines is an upcoming boxing nation producing many rising stars since the emergence of Pacquiao in early 2000s. The nation had 4 fighters who won world championship belts in 2007 (Gerry Penalosa, Nonito Donaire, Donnie Nietes and Florante Condes) and will prove to be a force in the lower weight divisions for years to come
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Jan 26 2008, 07:08 AM) [snapback]376477[/snapback]
Idont know about producing the p4p best besides Pacquiao, Pancho Villa and Flash Elorde, but the Phillipines is an upcoming boxing nation producing many rising stars since the emergence of Pacquiao in early 2000s. The nation had 4 fighters who won world championship belts in 2007 (Gerry Penalosa, Nonito Donaire, Donnie Nietes and Florante Condes) and will prove to be a force in the lower weight divisions for years to come

Pac and Villa are both great fighters many epxerts still rank Villa as the #1 pinoy fighter of all time. As for Flash I think he was overrated IMO, even thought he is probably more beloved in the phillipines than Villa I think thats mainly due to Villa being so dam old school that only the hardcore fans remember him unlike Flash who was a modern fighter.

From what i've seen of Flash I was not impressed with him at all I think Manny will go down as a way greater fighter.

Out of all the up and coming fighters I think Nonito is the one with the brightest future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.