Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cintron vs. Margarito rematch added
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dj necrogenic
Pretty good fight, although I think this fight actually shows Cotto to be taking a bitch fight... Its sad that all of these top tier Welterweights are clearly ducking the Punisher.
Elijah
Awesome, I'm a big Cintron fan so I'm glad this is happening. Cintron has said he wants this fight and now he got it. I think he's going to have a much better showing this time around (although after the first fight things can't go much worse).

I'll try to keep my opinion of the outcome unbiased but I truly think he can win this fight. He absolutely cannot let AM make this a fight on the inside. He has to keep AM on the end of his punches, work his jab and try and stay as active as possible. If he does that he oughta put himself in position to pull out a win by either late KO or UD.

I'm probably gonna be the only one on this board that thinks he can win but once he does I'll be the only one that can talk shit about it.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Elijah @ Jan 25 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]376419[/snapback]
Awesome, I'm a big Cintron fan so I'm glad this is happening. Cintron has said he wants this fight and now he got it. I think he's going to have a much better showing this time around (although after the first fight things can't go much worse).

I'll try to keep my opinion of the outcome unbiased but I truly think he can win this fight. He absolutely cannot let AM make this a fight on the inside. He has to keep AM on the end of his punches, work his jab and try and stay as active as possible. If he does that he oughta put himself in position to pull out a win by either late KO or UD.

I'm probably gonna be the only one on this board that thinks he can win but once he does I'll be the only one that can talk shit about it.

You're not the only one!
I too, give Cintron a chance at beating Tony. Despite what many may say or think, Cintron has improved since there first fight. Also he has Stewart in his corner this time. I say Cintron by SD!
dj necrogenic
I give Cintron a good chance of winning this fight.. I think the first fight can be chalked up to nerves and maybe even some behind the scenes shit (as Avon was telling us before the fight even happened) I have seen improvement in Cintron, and it cant hurt having Steward in his corner.
JD
Yeah...Cintron is getting stopped again.

thehype

LOL

Avon would say just the opposite...that Kermit has gotten worse and gets hit a lot more now than he did in the past. That being said, this IS boxing and all it takes is one punch.

I don't really know if having Manny in your corner is THAT much help...at least it wasn't for Jermain.

LOL
JD
LOL...I mean...I gotta believe that making the other guy cry is a pretty big mental edge.
PR316
Cintron is going to get knocked cold.

Margarito TKO 8 is the call.
BrutalBodyShots
Shit guys... Cintron is getting stopped again without question.

For those that think otherwise, I ask you to just watch Margarito-Cintron and then Cintron-Feliciano. Just those two fights. If you pick Cintron over Margarito II after watching those 2 fights I really don't know what to say.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 26 2008, 12:00 AM) [snapback]376444[/snapback]
Shit guys... Cintron is getting stopped again without question.

For those that think otherwise, I ask you to just watch Margarito-Cintron and then Cintron-Feliciano. Just those two fights. If you pick Cintron over Margarito II after watching those 2 fights I really don't know what to say.

Did you see Lennox Lewis get KO'd by Oliver McCall in there first fight? Did you see what happened in the rematch??? Did you see Lewis get Ko'd by Hasim Rahman in there first fight? Did you see what happened in the rematch??? Maybe Cintron gets stopped again, but you can not guarantee it based on two fights. Also, I did watch those two fights and they were bad performances on his part. But I also seen many good performances by Kermit, and he has tremendous power in his right hand, so though I agree he should be a heavy underdog, he has a chance to win this fight. He obviously better be mentally ready, or he will definately lose if he isn't. Atleast he called Tony out for a rematch and is gonna fight him, and soon we will all see if the first fight was a fluke or was Kermit a pretender all along. I am rooting for him considering we are from the same area.
Boxingjunkie
I think its a pick em fight right now. Both guys look good. Cintron has definitly improved since the first meeting.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 25 2008, 05:37 PM) [snapback]376425[/snapback]

LOL

Avon would say just the opposite...that Kermit has gotten worse and gets hit a lot more now than he did in the past. That being said, this IS boxing and all it takes is one punch.

I don't really know if having Manny in your corner is THAT much help...at least it wasn't for Jermain.

LOL

Hahahahahaha!!!!

I love Hype's "Baby Bonnet" picture!!! I expect Kermit "the crying frog" to bawl again! (Note that that's "bawl" not "brawl!") LOL! Seriously though, sure he may brawl for a certain portion of the fight. But remember, this is just as much a mental game as a physical game and when a fighter breaks down and than fights the same opponent, that is a characteristic that is very hard to change. Kermit's only chance is to land something big early and get lucky in a big way or some unfortunate clash of heads...technical draw thing. But after 4 rounds, it's all Margarito. I would pick him to win at 75%. I'll give Cintron an outside 25% chance to land a shot in the first four rounds and even assume that he has improved.

But the smart probability is Margarito winning by TKO 8

Jack
Jerry Springer
This is a must-win fight for Tony. He's not a top fighter, pound-for-pound, but he's simply much better than Cintron. Cintron's kind of like Wladimir Klitschko. He's got a top-notch offense, but he's hittabe, and he has a bad chin. Only instead of being stuck in a shitty division like Klitschko, he's in a great division.
Southeastpaw
This is one of those fights that is as much as a gimme as you are going to get in the world of boxing. I just may lay some money on this one.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 26 2008, 12:47 AM) [snapback]376446[/snapback]
Did you see Lennox Lewis get KO'd by Oliver McCall in there first fight? Did you see what happened in the rematch???

Yeah, the first was a 1 punch UPSET KO that was avenged.

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 26 2008, 12:47 AM) [snapback]376446[/snapback]
Did you see Lewis get Ko'd by Hasim Rahman in there first fight? Did you see what happened in the rematch???

Yeah, again the first was a 1 punch UPSET KO.

Is your argument by referencing those 2 fights really that Cintron can avenge his loss? If so, those are about the 2 WORST examples you could give. I think you should change your argument to "Lennox Lewis is good at avenging losses" because that's all that your references support.

The reason I reference Cintron-Margarito and Cintron-Feliciano is that those two fights combined are all you need when picking this fight. Obviously how original fights play out is the best indicator of how the rematch will play out... but for those picking Cintron most point to him "improving" since facing Margarito the first time. To them I reference the second fight... Cintron-Feliciano. If you think Cintron is much improved since facing Margarito you must have thought he was absolute shit if the Feliciano fight shows us an "improved" Cintron. Cintron looked HORRIBLE in his last fight and looked HORRIBLE against Margarito the first time. That's all you need to know.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 26 2008, 02:41 AM) [snapback]376466[/snapback]
Yeah, the first was a 1 punch UPSET KO that was avenged.
Yeah, again the first was a 1 punch UPSET KO.

Is your argument by referencing those 2 fights really that Cintron can avenge his loss? If so, those are about the 2 WORST examples you could give. I think you should change your argument to "Lennox Lewis is good at avenging losses" because that's all that your references support.

The reason I reference Cintron-Margarito and Cintron-Feliciano is that those two fights combined are all you need when picking this fight. Obviously how original fights play out is the best indicator of how the rematch will play out... but for those picking Cintron most point to him "improving" since facing Margarito the first time. To them I reference the second fight... Cintron-Feliciano. If you think Cintron is much improved since facing Margarito you must have thought he was absolute shit if the Feliciano fight shows us an "improved" Cintron. Cintron looked HORRIBLE in his last fight and looked HORRIBLE against Margarito the first time. That's all you need to know.

Thats not all I need to know. So all Cintrons other fights mean nothing? You mean to tell me all of those fights Kermit won, were pretend fights? Damn, so his record is 0-2? I get it, pick his two worst performances and thats how you define him. Did you see his fight against Walter Mattyse? He looked AWESOME! Why not mention that fight??? So he looked awful against Feliciano, big f...ing deal, I am sure he trained real hard to fight him. I mean he must have been super motivated for that fight. I am not delusional thinking Cintron has a great chance to win this fight, because I know he does not. BUT, he has some type of chance. Hell, they might as well not even fight since everybody already knows Kermit is gonna get humiliated again as far as some of you are concerned. If Kermit chokes again, I will be the first to say you guys were right all along. But if Kermit has an impressive showing that night, you haters, I mean guys, better be on this board giving him some props.
BigG

This is all that needed to be posted in this thread...Margarito KO 3.

laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Margarito by UD. I think Cintron sees canvas at some point during the fight, but I think he struggles to hold on at the end. What are the chances that Gomez upsets Cotto?? Gomez may give Cotto a tougher than expected fight. I like the card.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2008, 08:55 AM) [snapback]376479[/snapback]
Margarito by UD. I think Cintron sees canvas at some point during the fight, but I think he struggles to hold on at the end. What are the chances that Gomez upsets Cotto?? Gomez may give Cotto a tougher than expected fight. I like the card.

Agreed!
I can see Gomez Stunning Cotto early in the fight! BUt just like so many other Cotto fights, He will battle back and get a mid round stoppage.
As for the Cintron-Margarito fight, Im still sticking to Cintron in a very close decision. I dont think much of either fighter but the first fight was Dominated by Tony because Cintron was a puppy and had alot of outside distractions, He had no gameplan for that fight. I think Stewart will help Cintron out alot in this Case.
salvador
Cintron needs too much time to set up his punches and Marg's not gonna give it to him. Marg by ko in 8.
BigG
Gomez is going to get absolutely battered vs. Cotto. TKO 5 or 6.
rusty_trombone
Damn it, I hope Cintron knocks the fuck out of Tony.
D-MARV
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 26 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]376493[/snapback]

You aint the only one.
Im a Tony Hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Douchebag
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 26 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]376493[/snapback]

I am The Conscience and I approve this message.
Mean Mister Mustard
I remember what William Dettloff, one of my favourite boxing writers, said in one of his columns after the Ouma-Phillips rematch. He said that both guys were tough, skilled and hungry so the fight would be close. He said that the deciding factor in a fight involving two evenly matched fighters was who could hurt the other guy. Phillips threw some bombs at Ouma and couln't hurt him. Ouma hit Phillips back and Phillips was affected. Ouma won.

Dettloff compared it to a school yard brawl, in which the winner is often decided by who can hurt the other one. We've all seen them, schoolyard brawls that is, where a guy has all the tools to beat the other guy but his fear of getting hit makes him overly defensive and he gets overwhelmed and the fight is stopped. That's how I see Cintron, he has all the tools to beat Margarito but sooner or later he'll break. Oh sure, he has had some wins since the fiasco, he even went toe to toe with David Estrada in a thriller. But Estrada is not Margarito.

I think Cintron controls his nerves better than before the Margarito fight. Maybe he won't quit, he'll take a beating but he will land some bombs in return. I don't think his heart will betray him this time. The reason why I think he will lose is because he won't be able to keep Margarito off him all night. Look at how Estrada was able to get inside and hit Cintron. Imagine what Margarito will do.

hardhead
I like this fight depending on if Cintron has the heart to withstand the pressure that Magarito is going to bring, this could be a pretty exciting matchup(maybe more so then the main event). Even though Margarito lost to Williams, it was a very close fight and since then he's fought Golden Johnson(who's faded a little over the years) and looked good, obviously the whole key to the fight is mentally because Cintron has lots of ability and raw skills but can Cintron get over that tough loss where he just got outclassed and demolished and able to dig deep to beat a very solid fighter like Margarito, on second thought some head movement and defense wouldn't hurt either. I applaud Cintron for coming back and not wasting time in avenging his only loss, it'll be very impressive if he wins this fight. I like Margarito in this fight because he has the metal advantage and I'm not so sure HOW much Cintron has improved, or enough to beat Margarito.
hardhead
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 26 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]376505[/snapback]
I remember what William Dettloff, one of my favourite boxing writers, said in one of his columns after the Ouma-Phillips rematch. He said that both guys were tough, skilled and hungry so the fight would be close. He said that the deciding factor in a fight involving two evenly matched fighters was who could hurt the other guy. Phillips threw some bombs at Ouma and couln't hurt him. Ouma hit Phillips back and Phillips was affected. Ouma won.

Dettloff compared it to a school yard brawl, in which the winner is often decided by who can hurt the other one. We've all seen them, schoolyard brawls that is, where a guy has all the tools to beat the other guy but his fear of getting hit makes him overly defensive and he gets overwhelmed and the fight is stopped. That's how I see Cintron, he has all the tools to beat Margarito but sooner or later he'll break. Oh sure, he has had some wins since the fiasco, he even went toe to toe with David Estrada in a thriller. But Estrada is not Margarito.

I think Cintron controls his nerves better than before the Margarito fight. Maybe he won't quit, he'll take a beating but he will land some bombs in return. I don't think his heart will betray him this time. The reason why I think he will lose is because he won't be able to keep Margarito off him all night. Look at how Estrada was able to get inside and hit Cintron. Imagine what Margarito will do.

Thinking back to the first fight, it was just so shocking to me at least(I felt Cintron was a little overrated at that point but didn't think he would fall apart like that) to see how easy Margarito was just walking down Cintron and just beating the shit out of him, I mean it was one of those fights where you say "damn was this guy not ready for this fighter/fight and will he ever be?"
Mean Mister Mustard
If a guy flinches, Margarito will be all over him. Only the top guys will be able to beat Margarito and none of them will have an easy time doing it.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 26 2008, 03:03 AM) [snapback]376469[/snapback]
Thats not all I need to know. So all Cintrons other fights mean nothing? You mean to tell me all of those fights Kermit won, were pretend fights? Damn, so his record is 0-2? I get it, pick his two worst performances and thats how you define him. Did you see his fight against Walter Mattyse? He looked AWESOME! Why not mention that fight??? So he looked awful against Feliciano, big f...ing deal, I am sure he trained real hard to fight him. I mean he must have been super motivated for that fight. I am not delusional thinking Cintron has a great chance to win this fight, because I know he does not. BUT, he has some type of chance. Hell, they might as well not even fight since everybody already knows Kermit is gonna get humiliated again as far as some of you are concerned. If Kermit chokes again, I will be the first to say you guys were right all along. But if Kermit has an impressive showing that night, you haters, I mean guys, better be on this board giving him some props.

LOL no need to even reply to that. Tootles.

Tha Docta
cintron looked very uncomfortable with the pressure that feliciano was applying. and if he was uncomfortable with pressure from feliciano, hes going to feel like hes got a cactus stuck up his ass with the pressure that margarito is going to apply.

besides landing a hasim rahman punch on margarito, i dont see anyway for cintron to win this fight. especially since margarito has a huge mental advantage already. but maybe margarito is taking this fight lightly since he beat cintron into a crying mess last time around?? cintron had better hope thats the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.