Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC Fighter Corey Hill
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
TheWhiteBuffalo
This guy is just too creepy looking. Is he dehydrated? Is he alive?

Hopefully the pic loads (sometimes it's flaky on here), if not, click the link.

Anyone have any thoughts about this dude? I'm going to call George Romero........

pastor method
the guy is a genetic freak, that's for sure. he also is (apparently) an accomplished high school wrestler (i think i may have heard state champion). he showed good take down defense and striking power in his ufc debut. he also garnered a lot of attention on TUF 5 where he made the quarterfinals by eeking out a lacklustre win over vastly more experienced rob emerson. in the quarter finals, he completely got the best of nate diaz with strikes for a minute or two before getting submitted the moment the fight went to the ground. everyone on the show was impressed with his size, natural ability and work ethic.

he now trains with jens pulver at militich, which can do nothing but help him.

unfortunately, the problem with bringing inexperienced guys into the ufc so soon is that the calibre of competition rises so quickly. maybe he'll get 2 or 3 more 'easy' fights but then what? he'll still only be 4-0 or 5-0 and then he'll have to step up against guys with 12 or 15 fights.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 26 2008, 08:58 AM) [snapback]376480[/snapback]

Anyone have any thoughts about this dude? I'm going to call George Romero........

I thought you only cared about the big guys Buff. lol. Or is that only in boxing.
thehype
ElectricTwinkie
I think I lost my pencil...wait, I found it.

(Buffalo is a chubby chaser lol)
Lala-Nomics
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 26 2008, 05:58 AM) [snapback]376480[/snapback]

I was actually at this weigh in and you can't see from this picture but his legs are like little twigs....I just kept thinking how much trouble he would be in if he was ever matched with a Muay Thai fighter, there's no way he could handle leg kicks-
Someone believed in him tho, this kid was like 0-0 and got picked up by Ecko.
There is no way he can stay at 155! He's on Mary-Kate Olsen mode!
Southeastpaw
Dude is a freak, but has shown mad potential. He was owning Nate Diaz before he got submitted.

Douchebag
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 31 2008, 12:49 PM) [snapback]377057[/snapback]
Dude is a freak, but has shown mad potential. He was owning Nate Diaz before he got submitted.

I remember Watching TUF and saying to my self if this guy learns how to box and some decent jui jitsu he would be unstopable. It would be very tough for some one to beat him if he masters those two disciplines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.