Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chess Player of Boxing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
RealPuya
Today I did a BBQ and watched Floyd’s fights since Castillo 1 to Hatton…wow…I don’t like him…but he really is the Chess Player of boxing…He knows the right move at the right time…I don’t think Cotto or Williams beat him at this moment… nono.gif
PR316
I think Floyd is the best right now no question. But.... Both Williams and Cotto are legit threats to his title. Both are young, in their primes, and HUNGRY. Both have physical tools that could give Mayweather more than he wants. Don't get me wrong. I would favor Floyd over both. But I don't think they would be easy fights at all.
BrutalBodyShots
Damn that's one hell of a marathon of Mayweather fights!

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Jan 26 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]376541[/snapback]
Today I did a BBQ and watched Floyd’s fights since Castillo 1 to Hatton…wow…I don’t like him…but he really is the Chess Player of boxing…He knows the right move at the right time…I don’t think Cotto or Williams beat him at this moment… nono.gif

Floyd sure didn't make all the right moves in that first Castillo fight.
RealPuya
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 27 2008, 01:14 AM) [snapback]376552[/snapback]
Damn that's one hell of a marathon of Mayweather fights!

I know...a friend brought the DVDs to analize the chances that Cotto has againts Floyd...12 hours and drunk. drinks.gif
RealPuya
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2008, 04:20 AM) [snapback]376573[/snapback]
Floyd sure didn't make all the right moves in that first Castillo fight.

Okay sorry...let go by the numbers 1 bad fight from 12 that I saw thats is...91.6% of the times. cool.gif
BoxingStill#1
Yeah, I agree with you on this one,....I don't think Cotto could pull the win off,....I wish he could though, I'm a big fan,....

Williams would give PBF a hell of night...I would definately be pulling for Floyd on that one....
Douchebag
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 27 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]376634[/snapback]
Yeah, I agree with you on this one,....I don't think Cotto could pull the win off,....I wish he could though, I'm a big fan,....
Williams would give PBF a hell of night...I would definately be pulling for Floyd on that one....

If Cotto's Jab is effective in the fight he has a very good chance at beating Floyd.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Jan 27 2008, 02:42 AM) [snapback]376541[/snapback]

Did you rack a lot of chinga to stop yourself falling asleep?
Jerry Springer
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Jan 27 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]376607[/snapback]
I know...a friend brought the DVDs to analize the chances that Cotto has againts Floyd...12 hours and drunk. drinks.gif

Am I the only one who finds this gay?
streetlion1
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Jan 26 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]376541[/snapback]

The caliber of competition he faced on his rise is no where near what he is around and ducking now. True that his style in the ring would resemble that of a chess game...boring, not taking risks, one move or shall I say one punch at a time. Whether PW or Cotto can beat him (I believe Cotto would) is an arguement we could have for days....we would be wasting our breathe though...he doesnt have the balls to set foot in the ring with either of them.
kidbazooka1
I think Cotto has the style the beat Floyd not too sure about Williams though.
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 28 2008, 07:00 PM) [snapback]376761[/snapback]
I think Cotto has the style the beat Floyd not too sure about Williams though.

Agreed, I think Cotto beats Floyd...PW needs to further improve his defense and just get better overall...right now his size and workrate give people problems but against the divisions best I believe he gets chopped up.
RealPuya
QUOTE(Jerry Springer @ Jan 28 2008, 07:51 PM) [snapback]376744[/snapback]
Am I the only one who finds this gay?

It was a family BBQ with wife and kids. Sorry that you picture yourself... fuck.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.