Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "RUIZ VOWS TO CLEAN-UP HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rusty_trombone
How? By retiring and taking his shitty ass out of it? He's one of the chief causes of the decline of the heavyweights. What an asshole.
stateofthegame
GO RUIZ!!! I am all for the return of Ruiz. It will be short lived, but honestly John Ruiz is a legitimate threat to a lot in the division. I feel it is time for Ruiz-Tua 2.
streetlion1
Yeah Damn, There is no way he could've been serious when he said that! If he gets past Mccline the winner of the Maskaev-Peter fight is gonna beat the hell out of him! LOL...I dont even want to think about him fighting a guy like Klitscko..talk about a massacre!
STEVENSKI
Ruiz is far far far better than Maskaev or Peter. Who did they beat again & what makes then so damm special?

The only real threat to Ruiz at heavy is Klit. Any other fighter he could beat if he worked hard.

People hate on Ruiz too much IMO.

JD
Fuck Ruiz.

JD
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2008, 08:57 PM) [snapback]376772[/snapback]
+1

Fuck Ruiz.
BigG
Warlord
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 28 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]376773[/snapback]

Fuck Ruiz.

Plus -1. Ruiz is gay.
STEVENSKI
WOOOO Fitz.

Ruiz - 50.
Chi-Town
Seriously though, after watching the roy jones fight, I'm convinced that a prime Ruiz really could clean out the current heavyweight division
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2008, 09:28 PM) [snapback]376787[/snapback]
If I was PR. I would definitely be more proud of Ruiz than Cotto or Trinidad.

Why is that???
WindyCityP
I don't mind Ruiz he seems like a good guy but PLEASE keep him off tv!!!................. bad.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]376783[/snapback]

I might tale W in this matchup, he might be a bit squirelly for Ruiz, wouldn't stand in one spot long enough for Ruiz to clamp down on him, like a greased pig. Plus if he did land a punch, Cheney would be in his corner and probably just shoot him in the face
PR316
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 29 2008, 02:28 AM) [snapback]376787[/snapback]
If I was PR. I would definitely be more proud of Ruiz than Cotto or Trinidad.

Woah buddy. You can't be serious..........................................Right????????...
STEVENSKI
He'd shoot GW as he is great at shooting his mates not his prey.
Col Reb
I think Ruiz gets a belt before it's said and done. I'd take him over alot of these guys at the top now, especially Maskaev or Peter.
BigG
I think Peter would knock Ruiz out...but Ruiz could beat Maskaev for sure. Klitschko probably destorys him.
The CEO
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 28 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]376810[/snapback]
I think Peter would knock Ruiz out...but Ruiz could beat Maskaev for sure. Klitschko probably destorys him.

What does "destorys" mean? Do you mean how Klit would tell destorys about how the vaseline ruined his stamina, or destorys about how the golfer KO'd him, or maybe even destorys about how a journeyman named Purrity took his heart from him???
BigG
Dude, Ruiz doesn't have ANYTHING on Klitshcko at this point.
MarzB
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 28 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]376770[/snapback]
Ruiz is far far far better than Maskaev or Peter. Who did they beat again & what makes then so damm special?

The only real threat to Ruiz at heavy is Klit. Any other fighter he could beat if he worked hard.

I think the reason that Ruiz gets "hated" on deals more with his STYLE and how he 'bitched' about his loses to Jones and Toney.

I can't stand fighters that hold like him but honestly it works. I thought he beat Valuev and while it's quite predicable he does have a good right hand..

I wished he fought in his style prior to the TUA annihilation but his style works for him and thats what matters.

He could still factor in this heavyweight division. He should get some names like Rahman( utter sigh on that fight) and while I KNOW he can't beat Klit or Ibragomov for that matter. I think he can beat the other champs.

You know I think a good test for that kid Povetikin would be Ruiz.
BGv2.0
I like Ruiz.....I NEVER had all the issues with him that others did. I used to laugh and laugh and laugh when he would eek out a victory and make the entire boxing public scream like lactating bitches! lol

Everybody else wanted him to lose....but not me!

I also think a hated guy like that brought something to the division....I mean....every division needs its villian...and due to his "style" he was the perfect fighter people loved to hate.

I really think the division suffered when he took a long layoff....and as crappy as it is...I myself welcome his return.

Go ahead.....give me your best shot....I stand by what I say!

"Jim I gotta tell ya....I like John Ruiz! "
ROLL DEEP
Ruiz ain't all that bad. Sure, he used to make general fans and the boxing fans fall asleep at times by squeezing out a dec most the time, but who we got nowadays?

He'd still be in the top bunch of heavies. Only Wlad destroys him. And maybe Peter....unless he can't cope with Ruiz's hugging tactics.
Warlord
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 28 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]376813[/snapback]
What does "destorys" mean? Do you mean how Klit would tell destorys about how the vaseline ruined his stamina, or destorys about how the golfer KO'd him, or maybe even destorys about how a journeyman named Purrity took his heart from him???

Grow up. Klitchsko by decapitation all day if he fights Ruiz. Ruiz doesn't have the power or technique to keep the heat off.

And judging by your screen-name, I think you must be a James Toney fan. So am I. But Klitchsko crushes him like a fat, black turd at any point in James's "heavyweight career," even the now near-mythical "Toney that beat Holyfield" version.
JD
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 28 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]376813[/snapback]

He means destroys by jab, righthand combination until Ruiz goes. Ruiz lunges in to hold...eats a jab and a right on the way in, if he sits on the outside, he suffers the same fate. I also see Wlad having success hooking off the jab against Ruiz. I do not see Johnny bothering Wlad with anything, at all.

I am more apt to look at what Wlad has done recently as a reflection of where he is and accept that he has overcome some issues that plagued him previously.

Seriously...Wlad destroys Ruiz.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 29 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]376818[/snapback]
I like Ruiz.....I NEVER had all the issues with him that others did. I used to laugh and laugh and laugh when he would eek out a victory and make the entire boxing public scream like lactating bitches! lol

Everybody else wanted him to lose....but not me!

I also think a hated guy like that brought something to the division....I mean....every division needs its villian...and due to his "style" he was the perfect fighter people loved to hate.

I really think the division suffered when he took a long layoff....and as crappy as it is...I myself welcome his return.

Go ahead.....give me your best shot....I stand by what I say!
"Jim I gotta tell ya....I like John Ruiz! "

I just don't get your mentality at all. You froth at the mouth with fury over Jones and Toney sashaying into the heavyweight division like they're some sort of alien invaders or something, yet you defend Ruiz. Both Jones and Toney humiliate him in the ring, he cries about it and that doesn't change your opinion of him? If they were frauds, snake oil salesmen and whatever else you've called them for having the audacity to step up in weight and Jawnny was a legit big man force as you seem to believe he is, shouldn't he have managed to expose them? How can you, defender of heavyweights, root for this shithead who had the unique opportunity to blast these midget wannabe's out of the ring and out of the division for good yet failed so miserably both times and then exacerbated his pathetic failures with sniffley finger-pointing and excuses?

Fuck John Ruiz.
streetlion1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 28 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]376770[/snapback]

LOL...they have alot more to offer than that bum Ruiz thats for sure. He wouldnt last more than a round against a guy like klit! He gets K.O.ed by Peter and loses U.D. to Maskaev!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 29 2008, 12:20 PM) [snapback]376836[/snapback]
I just don't get your mentality at all. You froth at the mouth with fury over Jones and Toney sashaying into the heavyweight division like they're some sort of alien invaders or something, yet you defend Ruiz. Both Jones and Toney humiliate him in the ring, he cries about it and that doesn't change your opinion of him? If they were frauds, snake oil salesmen and whatever else you've called them for having the audacity to step up in weight and Jawnny was a legit big man force as you seem to believe he is, shouldn't he have managed to expose them? How can you, defender of heavyweights, root for this shithead who had the unique opportunity to blast these midget wannabe's out of the ring and out of the division for good yet failed so miserably both times and then exacerbated his pathetic failures with sniffley finger-pointing and excuses?

Fuck John Ruiz.

Calm down Slim....this shit been brewing for awhile or what? lol

First of all....I have never defended Ruiz on his skill or ability....I defend him on his knack for pissing off the boxing public...which amuses me. And although I'm not a huge fan of his style I do think he is better than MANY that are in the division today. AND....I also admire his willingness to fight anybody, anywhere. That is something that is very lacking in today's HW landscape.

And keep in perspective....James Toney tested positive for roids after his fight with Ruiz. And RJJ is a HOF fighter. Both these guys purposely zeroed in on Ruiz due to his limited skills, which make them bottom feeders (at HW) IMHO. They never attempted to step in with Lewis or Wlad. Oh sure...James screamed he would...but he talks a lot of shit. And RJJ never fought at HW again....

Both of these guys were smaller guys with excellent defensive skills, but with JT's Roid ? I give him no real credit for beating Ruiz as he could have been pumped up on the shit. And RJJ got a boring UD over the guy....

None of that changes the fact that Ruiz is the ONLY Hispanic 2-Time HW champion. Has beaten the likes of Tucker, Holyfield, Rock, Johnson, Fres, Golota. Limited skills or not....that's saying much more for him than what many HWs can say.

And I don't think JT's or RJJ wins were "humiliating".....they won boring UDs....all they did was turn the tables on him.

All I'm saying is for me....as a HW fan.....Ruiz/McCline sounds 100x more interesting than Chambers/Thompson...or...Chagiev/Skelton.....or any other number of crap matchups. At least I know Ruiz will put forth effort.
PR316
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 29 2008, 09:44 AM) [snapback]376825[/snapback]
Nah I'm joking, but I don't mind Ruiz and actually think he is shown little respect. I respect him quite a bit.

LOL!!!... I should have known. Funny to say, I could actually see Ruiz being a top guy still in that heavyweight division.
Jack 1000
When the current state of the heavyweight division shows that John Ruiz can be competitive in it, well, that's all you need to know in boxing about the current heavyweight division. I am sticking with the little guys for the most part.

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 29 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]376836[/snapback]

Fuck John Ruiz.

Both those cheats used drugs & cheeseburgers to win. That nullifies their tainted wins IMO.

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 29 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]376837[/snapback]
LOL...they have alot more to offer than that bum Ruiz thats for sure. He wouldnt last more than a round against a guy like klit! He gets K.O.ed by Peter and loses U.D. to Maskaev!

Just remind me what those two have actually achieved again?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 29 2008, 04:45 AM) [snapback]376826[/snapback]
Sure his style can be ugly, but he has balls.

Yeah, he's not afraid to fight any former middleweights. What a pair he has.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 29 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]376881[/snapback]
Yeah, he's not afraid to fight any former middleweights. What a pair he has.

So what heavyweights did he not want to fight during his reign?
CyruS
Maybe Ruiz can clean up the heavyweight division, I mean, there aren't anymore middleweights fighting there now right? So he's good to go.
BigG
JD
Seriously...fuck Ruiz.

I hope McCline beats his ass.
Big Slim Sweet
I hope McCline fistfucks him.
BGv2.0
And see JD and Slim....it's those kind of PRE-FIGHT comments that make me all the more happy when he eeks out a win and you guys will be all pissed off the next day! lol

thumbsup_anim.gif

I've always loved that about the guy! Funny as hell!

JD
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 30 2008, 01:20 AM) [snapback]376913[/snapback]
And see JD and Slim....it's those kind of PRE-FIGHT comments that make me all the more happy when he eeks out a win and you guys will be all pissed off the next day! lol

thumbsup_anim.gif
I've always loved that about the guy! Funny as hell!

LOL...yes, you have a keen eye for the sport and get giddy just thinking of his no skill ass holding (pun intended) a strap because Don King can pull some strings.

Good stuff indeed, and just what the sport needs.

The mere fact that you would rather watch Jameel McCline and John Ruiz lumber around the ring and put on a shit show over watching guys like Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez truly show what is great about the sport shows that you generally have a predilection for shitty fighters and shitty fights...which, in turn, helps explain why you are a Ruiz fan. But thats cool, bro...I still like rapping with you nonetheless. drinks.gif

But beating McCline will not anger me, in fact the fight is a bit of a catch 22...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I just tend to root against him more than anything else. Now if he fights someone with a strap who could potentially be in an exciting fight, and wins by Ruiz'ing them - yes...I will be quite agitated. But I will say this, I like him infinitely more now that he kicked Norman Stone's useless, classless, moronic side-show ass to the curb.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 28 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]376810[/snapback]

Peter/Ruiz would be reminiscent of Tua/Ruiz.

Ruiz is not only horrible for the HW division but boxing as a whole.
Southeastpaw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BLuV0vCWs_A
streetlion1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]376874[/snapback]
Both those cheats used drugs & cheeseburgers to win. That nullifies their tainted wins IMO.
Just remind me what those two have actually achieved again?

Come on man lets get serious.....Its not about what they have accomplished..its about style v.s. style....Peter (easily the 2nd best heavy out there) would destroy this guy...Ruiz wouldnt be able to hurt him..isnt quick enough to stay away from him..once he tried all that huggin B.S. he would catch an overhand right and go night-night black eye.gif Maskaev just simply out-boxes him. Lets not get to Klit. Ruiz wouldnt last 3 rounds against him!! Ruiz is a whiner....and he'll really be crying after or if he fights Peter!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 30 2008, 09:00 AM) [snapback]376923[/snapback]
LOL...yes, you have a keen eye for the sport and get giddy just thinking of his no skill ass holding (pun intended) a strap because Don King can pull some strings.

Good stuff indeed, and just what the sport needs.

The mere fact that you would rather watch Jameel McCline and John Ruiz lumber around the ring and put on a shit show over watching guys like Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez truly show what is great about the sport shows that you generally have a predilection for shitty fighters and shitty fights...which, in turn, helps explain why you are a Ruiz fan. But thats cool, bro...I still like rapping with you nonetheless. drinks.gif

NO...I get "giddy" watching guys like you scream like a school girl who forgot to take her pill after he pulls off yet another win he was not supposed to! lol

Which does not make me a "Ruiz fan"....I'm a fan of the hatred he creates in people.

And how are you so certain they put on a shit show and lumber? McCline just gave Peter one hell of a match. Ruiz in many people's mind beat Valuev. That's more than many other HW's can say here of late.

I suppose your're right....the sport needs more Chagiev/Skelton matches.... rolleyes.gif

And....I never said Ruiz/McCline is better than a Marquez/Vazquez fight.....I'm a fan of HWs....always have been. What I'm saying is that for me...I'd rather see Ruiz/McCline over some of the other shitty matches that can and have been made in the current HW division.
JD
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 30 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]376953[/snapback]
NO...I get "giddy" watching guys like you scream like a school girl who forgot to take her pill after he pulls off yet another win he was not supposed to! lol

Which does not make me a "Ruiz fan"....I'm a fan of the hatred he creates in people.

And how are you so certain they put on a shit show and lumber? McCline just gave Peter one hell of a match. Ruiz in many people's mind beat Valuev. That's more than many other HW's can say here of late.

I suppose your're right....the sport needs more Chagiev/Skelton matches.... rolleyes.gif

And....I never said Ruiz/McCline is better than a Marquez/Vazquez fight.....I'm a fan of HWs....always have been. What I'm saying is that for me...I'd rather see Ruiz/McCline over some of the other shitty matches that can and have been made in the current HW division.

You are a fan of the hatred he creates in people? LOL.

That is even better than just being a Ruiz fan...really, it is. laugh.gif

What the sport NEEDS is good fights, at any weight - unification at heavyweight specifically. John Ruiz offers nothing in the way of unification or good fights, thus, he is not needed...unless, of course, you are...well...you.

Listen, if you get giddy watching some no talent shitbag irritate people - God bless you, I wish so little made me happy. Personally, I would rather see a good fight...but thats just me.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2008, 08:03 PM) [snapback]376882[/snapback]

Byrd wanted to fight all the top heavyweights during his reign too. Where are the threads sucking his dick?

Whether Jones and Toney were using roids when they humiliated this wetpuss matters not to me. What I remember most about these fights is the way Ruiz handled defeat immediately afterwards. Shamefully.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JD @ Jan 30 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]376955[/snapback]
Listen, if you get giddy watching some no talent shitbag irritate people - God bless you, I wish so little made me happy.

It takes very little to make me smile...lol
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jan 29 2008, 05:19 AM) [snapback]376821[/snapback]
Grow up. Klitchsko by decapitation all day if he fights Ruiz. Ruiz doesn't have the power or technique to keep the heat off.

And judging by your screen-name, I think you must be a James Toney fan. So am I. But Klitchsko crushes him like a fat, black turd at any point in James's "heavyweight career," even the now near-mythical "Toney that beat Holyfield" version.

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
I mean....look at the passion in the debate on this topic. LOL

Like him or loathe him....the guy has 3 pages worth of back and forth, with those that hate him and those that don't. I don't care what anybody says....that's good for boxing and for the HW division.
Southeastpaw
It's just fun to beat on Ruiz, that's all. I mean, comon, let's be real here, I cannot fathom how anyone that calls themself a boxing fan actually enjoys and supports Ruiz's style. The very few that are on here are supporting him only to stir things up. Truth is Ruiz is a very hard fighter to watch and his fights should be set as an example of what not to teach when training a fighter. For people who actually DO enjoy his style, they are in the wrong sport. Simple.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2008, 07:03 PM) [snapback]376882[/snapback]

I didn't know he had a reign?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.