Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones says he's the draw...still begging for De La Hoya fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
ROY JONES JR. SAYS HE'S THE DRAW, BUT IS HE?

One would think that two devastating back-to-back knockout losses would be enough to humble the most arrogant of fighters. Alas, such is not the case when it comes to Roy Jones Jr. whose recent victory over Felix "Tito" Trinidad has seemingly energized and rejuvinated his self-confidence and lifted his ego to new heights. In a recent interview, Roy Jones Jr. emphatically stated that he's still one of the biggest draws in the sport.

read more

------------------------------------------------------------------

ROY JONES DESPERATELY SEEKING DE LA HOYA

What good is an interview nowadays without the typical plea for a De La Hoya fight? Just to clear up any confusion there may have been the last five times he mentioned De La Hoya's name, Roy Jones Jr. touched on the possibility of fighting the winner of Pavlik-Taylor 2 before speaking in-depth about his desire to break pay-per-view records with the Golden Boy.

read more
streetlion1
He is just plain silly with this!! He beats an inactive Tito and thinks that he is "back" all of a sudden. I wanna see him against the winner of either pavlik-Taylor or Calzaghe-Hopkins because unless its against Taylor he is gonna get the hell beat out of him. RJJ is just tryin to hang on for another big payday and knows he would get knocked out by anyone other than DLH. I cant wait for someone to shut his mouth. IMO he is nowhere close to being one of boxings biggest draws...the success of the fight with Tito was mostly due to Tito fans! He brings up B-Hops name (who I feel would kill him in a rematch) then says he is still as big a name as PBF laugh.gif What a joke!! Someone please whip his old over-rated ass...Send him back into retirement!
Jack 1000
Could you imagine Jones fighting Pavlik??? I think Johnson/Tarver must have hit Roy harder than we originally thought. Maybe Pavlik could give him a reality check. Shit, I don't want anybody seriously hurt in our sport. But what is it gonna take other than a pillar to post ass kicking to tell these guys, "Son, you're done." It sure hasn't worked with Holyfield. I don't get it with Jones. In his prime, he deliberately avoided big punchers because the main was paranoid about getting hurt. When McClellan-Benn happened, in that classic fight, where G-man got seriously hurt, forcing a retirement from boxing, the story is that Roy went to see G-man in the hospital and said that he would NEVER get in a war like that with such a dangerous puncher. That's been Roy ever since, and now he wants a comeback. The only time Roy ever showed killer instinct was Griffin II. But Montel looked like a dear running into headlights. We should seriously talk to Roy about his health issues and remind him of his conversations with McClellan.

Get Roy back on HBO before he gets more brain cells smashed.

Jack
buford54
My hatred for Roy is creeping back. After his 2 knockouts, I stopped hating on him and just felt sorry for him. But that's harder than ever now.
I swear, Roy is the kind of punk who gets his ass kicked, then goes and beats up the crippled kid and starts mouthing off again.
Does he forget that he ducked every major challenge that was available to him when he was in his prime?
Does he forget that Tito has been inactive for 2 years, and fought for the first time above 160 lbs?
Does he actually think that HE generated 500 million ppv's? Or could the fact that the entire country of Puerto Rico bought the fight to see their biggest boxing star in history make a return fight have anything to do with it?
I seriously doubt that Roy rematching Hopkins would do anything near those numbers. Their first fight was anything but memorable.

BigJuicyHog
HE generated 500 million ppv's?

WOW. What a STAR!!!!!! thumbsup_anim.gif
Method
This fucking idiot fought PPV in a corn field and didn't break 6 figures in buys. I think we know who drove the PPV two weekends ago, and he doesn't hail from Pensacola. Sure, absolutely Roy had something to do with the numbers. But just look at Roy's previous fight on PPV before Trinidad. it did mid 5 figures in buys. He should have been called out on that in the interview.

Roy is fucking delusional.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jan 29 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]376849[/snapback]
My hatred for Roy is creeping back. After his 2 knockouts, I stopped hating on him and just felt sorry for him. But that's harder than ever now.
I swear, Roy is the kind of punk who gets his ass kicked, then goes and beats up the crippled kid and starts mouthing off again.
Does he forget that he ducked every major challenge that was available to him when he was in his prime?

Let the hate flow. Don't be a punk like CEO & let go of the hate just because the man gets beat. Use each loss to intensify the hate & concerntrate it.

I did a Indian war dance around the bar when Tarter KO'd him. I celebrated harder when Johnson whipped him like a dog (even though I lost big money betting on Roy to win).

imperial
I can't beleive people think Pavlik will ko Jones !!

He is most liekly going to lose To Taylorin the rematch ..And Jones vs DLH should never ever happen plus they already told him no !
CyruS
I see Roy has found Tarver's stash....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(CyruS @ Jan 30 2008, 12:31 AM) [snapback]376884[/snapback]
I see Roy has found Tarver's stash....

Crack kills
imperial
The good thing is that DLH told him no !!

I hope he gets the winner of Hops Calzaghe then retires win lose or draw !
Jack 1000
QUOTE(imperial @ Jan 29 2008, 06:13 PM) [snapback]376883[/snapback]
I can't beleive people think Pavlik will ko Jones !!

He is most liekly going to lose To Taylorin the rematch ..And Jones vs DLH should never ever happen plus they already told him no !

If Glen Johnson could, Pavlik certainly could. Roy is very vulnerable now. Even Taylor if he fought Jones the way Jermain fought Pavlik knocks him out. Don't be fooled by the Tito fight!

Jack
BigG
I honestly still think Roy Jones is better then Jermain Taylor even at this point.
The CEO
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2008, 05:05 PM) [snapback]376876[/snapback]
Let the hate flow. Don't be a punk like CEO & let go of the hate just because the man gets beat. Use each loss to intensify the hate & concerntrate it.

I did a Indian war dance around the bar when Tarter KO'd him. I celebrated harder when Johnson whipped him like a dog (even though I lost big money betting on Roy to win).

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wanna Hate so much again...I really miss it.

I'm just waiting for another perfect opportunity to reveal itself...a Margarito fan saying Margarito's the world's most dangerous boxer....a Calzaghe fan saying Calzaghe is #1 P4P....lol...it probably won't take much...and I will strike without warning and with furious anger.

With Roy talking his extreme bullshit, and DLH robbing us of some great matchups by continuing to fight...they could both easily catch some of my Hatred again at any moment.

Jack 1000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 29 2008, 09:29 PM) [snapback]376903[/snapback]
I honestly still think Roy Jones is better then Jermain Taylor even at this point.

In what ways George?

On career accomplishments and overall natural ability, yes I would have to agree. After all, the only big victories that Taylor had were close debated verdicts over an aging Hopkins. Jermain was a fighter who almost lost to Cory Spinks of all people and had a tougher than expected fight with Ouma.

But this old Jones that got stopped by Tarver and Johnson I think gets KTFO again when Pavlik or Taylor lands flush on his chin. Roy was fearful of swallowing hard punches in his prime. His reflexes don't have the agility that they once did to use the ring like he used to do to avoid hard shots. A prime Roy could see hard shots coming and avoid them. With Tito being even more shot than Roy, it was easy pickings for Jones, once Tito gave as good as he could in a close first four rounds. Old Roy beat an old, old, Trinidad and now he's back? Can't accept that. He'd be lucky to not get stopped by Johnson again. And this Jones is supposed to have a chance against Taylor and especially Pavlik???

Jack
The Original MrFactor
Roy... You Stooopit....
streetlion1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 29 2008, 09:29 PM) [snapback]376903[/snapback]

I dont know if he is better than Taylor...but I think out of the big names Taylor would be the one he has the best chance of beating. In terms of boxing skill and quickness RJJ has the edge...but Taylor is a good athlete if anything which makes up for some of his draw-backs. I dont see RJJ being able to stop him...but I could see him winning by decision. However, RJJ is not Pavlik. Taylor wouldnt have to worry so much about RJJ's power so he could really put the pressure on and possibly (and hopefully) hurt RJJ. This would be the best fight out of all possibilitys...anyone else handles RJJ's old ass easily! I just want someone to put his punk ass in his place!
BigG
I think Roy is faster and more skilled then Taylor even at this point. I think he might be able to outbox Taylor if they ever fought.
Southeastpaw
Roy is delusional about being the draw. But he is still a good fighter. MAYBE this was what he needed. Roy has been fighting without confidence, and it has shown. HE showed us in a couple rounds in his rubber-match with Tarver that he still has it. And why he did not keep it up? Who knows. He had absolutey no hunger in the Johnson fight and has not looked confident in a while. Now, Jones is silly, but he has always been. I believe, that even at this stage in his career, if he were to gain back the confidence he had pre-Tarver, he could beat quite a few fighters that most everyone would count him out against. Call me crazy!!!

Is this enought to rekindle the diabolical hate CEO?

LOL
buford54
Yeah...the hate's back now.
Roy, you wasted 99% of your prime fighting trash men and cops. You would make offers to good fighters, who would sign to fight, and then you would go silent for 3 months until they had to take other fights, and then you would sign to fight Glen Kelly.
Or, you would send out contracts stipulating an 80 ft ring, that your opponent had to strap pillows to his gloves, wear a blindfold, have both his legs broken right before the fight...and then yell about how they were ducking you.

Now, you're back! Thank God. Just what boxing needs. Finally when some divisions surrounding you are starting to get a clear picture, you come roaring back.
Please stay down. You still haven't healed from that Glenn Johnson KO.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jan 30 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]376983[/snapback]
Yeah...the hate's back now.
Roy, you wasted 99% of your prime fighting trash men and cops. You would make offers to good fighters, who would sign to fight, and then you would go silent for 3 months until they had to take other fights, and then you would sign to fight Glen Kelly.
Or, you would send out contracts stipulating an 80 ft ring, that your opponent had to strap pillows to his gloves, wear a blindfold, have both his legs broken right before the fight...and then yell about how they were ducking you.

Now, you're back! Thank God. Just what boxing needs. Finally when some divisions surrounding you are starting to get a clear picture, you come roaring back.
Please stay down. You still haven't healed from that Glenn Johnson KO.

The hate never left me. ROID was always my prime target woth Gayweather being a minor diversion. Roy please do the world a favour & fight your chickens as you always were a chicken yourself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.