Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosely - Mayorga
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Chi-Town
I was always a supporter of Shane when people were saying he was done after the 2nd Winky loss, but after watching him eat so many overhand rights and right hooks from Cotto coupled with the fact that Mayorga will have renewed confidence now that he's coming off of a win on PPV, I'm giving Mayorga a decent shot against Mosely.

OK....you guys can flame me now.
The Original MrFactor
Mayorga would be another fight, like Msley/Vargas, for Shane to look good in. Mayorga was already brutally KO'd by Oscar and Tito. Or could this be Shane beating the guy who beat Shane twice?? Not really a fight I'd care to see. i'd much rather see Mosley/Clottey or something like that.
Mean Mister Mustard
Well, if Mosley has no one else to Tango with why not? This fight was being talked about back in 2003 and I think it would make for a fun fight. But I doubt Mayorga can make 147.
rusty_trombone
I wouldn't mind seeing Mayorga getting lit up again. Plus, just think of all the trash talking he could do to Jin Mosley, that would be hilarious.
Mean Mister Mustard
LOL, I hadn't thought of that.
streetlion1
Mosley gives Mayorga a beating! It would be an entertaining fight while it lasted.
BrutalBodyShots
Mosley over Mayorga anywhere from 147-160.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Jan 31 2008, 05:19 PM) [snapback]377086[/snapback]
I was always a supporter of Shane when people were saying he was done after the 2nd Winky loss, but after watching him eat so many overhand rights and right hooks from Cotto coupled with the fact that Mayorga will have renewed confidence now that he's coming off of a win on PPV, I'm giving Mayorga a decent shot against Mosely.

OK....you guys can flame me now.

Somebody hand me the lighter fluid and a match.... focus.gif

wink.gif
Col Reb
I would much rather see Mayo fight Judah.
Imperius3
I would much rather see Mayorga-Forrest III.
WindyCityP
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 1 2008, 02:40 AM) [snapback]377099[/snapback]
Well, if Mosley has no one else to Tango with why not? This fight was being talked about back in 2003 and I think it would make for a fun fight. But I doubt Mayorga can make 147.

Agreed drinks.gif
kidbazooka1
I agree that Mosley beats Mayo but I don't think he stops him the way Tito or DLH did. Mosley doesn't have the power that DLH and Tito do so i'll say he'll take a UD at 154lb but if the fight happens at 147lb I give Mayo a good chance.
BrutalBodyShots
Mosley would hurt Mayorga to the body constantly throughout the fight.

thehype
FYI...he may not fight Mayorga. I'm being told that while Mayo is the frontrunner, there are a couple of other options they're kicking around. They should be making a decision some time in the next few days.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Jan 31 2008, 09:57 PM) [snapback]377125[/snapback]
I would much rather see Mayo fight Judah.

Great Idea
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 1 2008, 01:20 AM) [snapback]377138[/snapback]
I agree that Mosley beats Mayo but I don't think he stops him the way Tito or DLH did. Mosley doesn't have the power that DLH and Tito do so i'll say he'll take a UD at 154lb but if the fight happens at 147lb I give Mayo a good chance.

Mayorga can't make 147. He hasn't fought there since 2003. If this fight were to take place @ WW then my money is on Shane by KO.
Big Slim Sweet
According to Rafael the fight would be at 154.

I love Shane so any fight he's bound to look great in I'm all for.

Mayorga's not a great fighter but he's still decent, always entertaining. What the hell, let's have it.
Douchebag
I called this shit right after the Cotto fight. You better act like you know, soooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn.

Mosley will win impressively and call out Cotto for the rematch if this goes down.
dj necrogenic
Mosley better watch out, because he doesnt have shit for power at 154, even when he's on Balco... Dont give that Vargas fights as examples either... At that point Cory Spinks could have KO'd Vargas... I dont think Mayorga will win this, but he'll put up a better fight than most are expecting
hardhead
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Feb 1 2008, 10:38 PM) [snapback]377163[/snapback]
Mosley better watch out, because he doesnt have shit for power at 154, even when he's on Balco... Dont give that Vargas fights as examples either... At that point Cory Spinks could have KO'd Vargas... I dont think Mayorga will win this, but he'll put up a better fight than most are expecting

I think he can be possibly be competitive because I think Mayorga may have a slight strength advantage the only thing with Mayorga is that he's such a limited fighter no matter where he fights, all he has is his power and his bravado and you need more then that to mess with Mosley. I definitely could see Mayorga possibly surprising some people and making it more competitive then expected, that said I think Mosley beats Mayorga decisively and looks good doing it, late round TKO.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Feb 1 2008, 06:38 PM) [snapback]377163[/snapback]

So Cory Spinks has better power than Mayorga in your opinion? Mosley must really be in for an easy night in that case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.