Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antonio Tarver vs Vernon Forrest!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
I must have been asleep because according to Showtime this fight happened on 12-1-07. LOL.

I was just cruising through my local guide to find fights to DVR in the next few days and I landed on "Antonio Tarver vs Vernon Forrest" - I found that amusing.
Jack 1000
There are SEVERAL guide inconsistencies. On ESPN Classic, Bowe-Holyfield I is listed as December 13, 1992 instead of the proper November 13th date. The best one was many years ago for Chavez-Taylor II, my cable company listed the PPV ordering confirmation screen for the ordered fight as Chavez-Randall III!!!! (LOL!!! Believe that shit?)

Jack
Snoop
When I tried to order the Cotto/Mosley PPV, I was greeted by DeLaHoya's voice, urging me to buy the megafight between him and Floyd Mayweather. LOL.
Big Slim Sweet
A few weeks ago my cable guide advertised Hagler-Mugabi on ESPN Classic. I was ridiculously psyched to watch that fight again and finally add it to my collection. Turned out it was just another one of the eight billion random Ali fights they like to show. (Actually I can't even remember if it was Ali, but it was one of the typical fights they always air - maybe a retrospective of early Foreman - definitely not Hagler-Beast). I wasn't amused.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 4 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]377458[/snapback]
A few weeks ago my cable guide advertised Hagler-Mugabi on ESPN Classic. I was ridiculously psyched to watch that fight again and finally add it to my collection. Turned out it was just another one of the eight billion random Ali fights they like to show. (Actually I can't even remember if it was Ali, but it was one of the typical fights they always air - maybe a retrospective of early Foreman - definitely not Hagler-Beast). I wasn't amused.

Years ago During the old ESPN Superbouts series ESPN had advertised that they were showing two Hagler fights. Hagler-Hamsho II, and Hagler-Hearns. As I had only seen Hagler-Hearns on closed circut at the time, I was looking forward to adding it to my collection, (I since have the original closed circut broadcast and the HBO version.) Al Bernstein said that the beginning of the show that Hagler-Hearns would be shown after the Hagler-Hamsho fight. Well, wonderful ESPN had a baseball game or basketball game, some shit that went into overtime! But I am thinking, "Obviously they are going to show the Hagler-Hearns fight." Well, because of the stupid unrelated overtime game, after Hagler's 3rd round KO of Hamsho, Bernstein comes on with a POST FIGHT COMMENTARY after the Hearns fight, but ESPN NEVER showed the Hagler-Hearns fight!!! He just goes, "This fight was certainly one of the most memorable experiances I had hosting a boxing match. Who can forget the night that Hagler and Hearns electrified the boxing world?" Than the credits role ending the Superbouts show! I was SOOOO outraged at the station for pulling that shit! UNREAL!!!

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.