Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Comedy's of all time
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
streetlion1
There are alot I could put up there...but my favs. are.........Harlem Nights........Life...........and Back to School! The first two are Eddie Murphy movies..no doubt one of the funniest guys ever! the last a Rodney Dangerfield flick...not one of the funniest movies..but gotta give it up to the man!
caneman
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 2 2008, 03:42 AM) [snapback]377195[/snapback]
There are alot I could put up there...but my favs. are.........Harlem Nights........Life...........and Back to School! The first two are Eddie Murphy movies..no doubt one of the funniest guys ever! the last a Rodney Dangerfield flick...not one of the funniest movies..but gotta give it up to the man!

i could live with the above as top 20 for sure. i still find myself watching them when i get a chance. i was thinking about one yesterday that kills me every time! dennis the mentise I(sp)...that had me laughing so freaking hard. there are so many though funny movies though, that it would probably come down to my mood!
TheWhiteBuffalo
As far as Rodney Dangerfield movies go....Easy Money was his finest release ever. There is something about Rodney and Joe Pesci in the same movie....great chemistry!

Anything with John Candy (Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, etc), and Chevy Chase (Funny Farm, National Lampoons series).

Until recently, I though that the comedies of the 80's and early 90's were unbeatable. Then I watched a recent movie called "Super Bad". Talk about hilarious! Also check out a new one called "King of Kong" about a dude obsessed with breaking the all-time Donkey Kong record. There are definately a few gems being released these days.
Spyder
That's the second time that I've heard that "Pocket full of Quarters" is good...

Is it a spoof, or is the dude for real?
Bill The Butcher
Woody Allen's, "What's Up Tiger Lilly?" is really funny. He takes a serious Japanese action flick and dubs his own dialogue into the movie.

I would have to say, "There's Something About Mary" is probably one of my favorites though.

For a really old school comedy, check out "My Man Godfrey."

CyruS
Spaceballs is one of my favs.
JD
Great call on Harlem Knights.

Gotta say Kingpin was one of the funniest flicks I have ever seen. Cable Guy was hilarious if you dig that dark comedy thing...I think that movie is so underrated. Quick Change was funny, the first Beverly Hills Cops was funny as well.
Southeastpaw
-Ace Ventura 2

-While most that saw The Pink Panther like the original better, I really enjoyed the remake. I can watch that one over and over again.

-Evil Dead 2

-The 3 Amigos

-Something about Mary was the funniest movie I have seen in a theater. There was sooo much laughing that I missed much of the dialogue. It was great.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 2 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]377268[/snapback]
-Evil Dead 2

ok......I missed something. Wasn't the Evil Dead 2 still in the Horror genre?? If so, that alone would exclude it from being the "best comedy of all time". Please enlighten the Buffalo.......
rusty_trombone
The Breaks
Warlord
I don't dig comedies very much, but some of my personal favorites would be Spaceballs, Dumb and Dumber, and Napolean Dynamite.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 2 2008, 09:29 PM) [snapback]377272[/snapback]
ok......I missed something. Wasn't the Evil Dead 2 still in the Horror genre?? If so, that alone would exclude it from being the "best comedy of all time". Please enlighten the Buffalo.......

Comon Buff. That movie was definitely comedic. Sure, you will probably find it in the horror section at any movie rental store, but it had many funny parts in it. I love Bruce Campbell. The man is funny.

This is my list, and I see it being a horror and a comedy. Didn't you find it funny Buff?
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 3 2008, 12:36 AM) [snapback]377289[/snapback]
Comon Buff. That movie was definitely comedic. Sure, you will probably find it in the horror section at any movie rental store, but it had many funny parts in it. I love Bruce Campbell. The man is funny.

This is my list, and I see it being a horror and a comedy. Didn't you find it funny Buff?

Do you mean funny as in bad acting, plot holes or just bad story line? I am curious, because I watched it a year ago and don't really remember it being like a black comedy type of horror. It might have been funny as in being a really poor movie, but I am not sure about it being a comedy like some of Freddy Krueger's later movies.

BGv2.0
Vacations, John Candy movies, 3 Amigos, My Cousin Vinny, Clerks 1 and 2, Officespace, Funny Farm. I like Woddy Allen's Shadows and Fog.

A lot of the SNL guys have done some good ones....I like Sandler's early ones, Spade and Farley could have been the next Laurel and Hardey/Abbot & Castillo IMHO.

I like a lot of Will Farrell's stuff.

Some really good gems are Orgazmo, Dirty Work and Screwed with Norm Mcdonald, Cabin Boy with Chris Elliot.

And two of my all time favorites that have yet to see the light of day with a DVD release...

Neighbors with John Belushi and Dan Akroid AND Jeckell and Hyde Together Again! That shit was so funny.....the guy would snort the "powdered potion".....then he would become this Disco Coke Head Sex Maniac! lol....Hair would sprout from his chest...Chains would appear around his neck and his pinky nail would grow! lol

Classic shit....and Neighbors was toally ripped by the critics...and has such an odd air about it...but it's a lost gem IMHO.

Bill The Butcher
Oh yeah, can't forget about Evil Dead 2. The laughing scene was hilarious with the lamp and mounted moose head. Or the hand scene in the kitchen. HAHA!
Southeastpaw
Buff, the movie was definitely a B movie starring the king of B actors. The movie was supposed to have holes in the plot and bad acting. This was what I believed as I watched it anyhow. I thought it was obvious what the movie was trying to do and I enjoyed it in that sense. If you watch that movie looking forward and expecting a good horror movie, you definitely are not going to get it. But if you take it for what it is, it's a classic.

Check out the genre: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092991/

And check out the user comments and reviews for the movie.

I'm kinda surprised. I thought this one would be right up your alley Buffalo
BigG
I never liked Ace Ventura for some reason....

STEVENSKI
Tarver vs Jones II is pure comedy gold.

I love Old School as well.
BigJuicyHog
Orgazmo, Dirty Work
Those two are classic. I absolutely love both of those.

I also laughed my ass off when I saw Borat. Old School is very funny. I also like Anchorman.
streetlion1
Damn everyone is bringing up movies I forgot about...alot of good ones!!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 4 2008, 06:27 PM) [snapback]377455[/snapback]
Damn everyone is bringing up movies I forgot about...alot of good ones!!

Ya'll musta forgot.
BigG
Anyone else liked Adam Sandlers "Waterboy"
BigG
Also, Ice Cubes friday and next friday. I loved those movies thumbsup_anim.gif
Oscare4
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 5 2008, 08:08 AM) [snapback]377523[/snapback]
Also, Ice Cubes friday and next friday. I loved those movies thumbsup_anim.gif

Chris Tucker's "The older then berry, the sweeter the juice..." line gets me in tears everytime.
Men In Black is another good comedy. I never realised how funny it was untill i rewatched it at Christmas.
BigG
Smokey - One of the greatest characters of all time PERIOD!
streetlion1
All About the Benjamins...now that was funny!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.