Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Joan Guzman - Carlos Quintana World Lightweight Championship Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Sunday February 10, 2007 is a big fight for the lightweight championship.

A Top Pound 4 Pound Fighter, 2 Division World Champion, the reigning and defending 3-Time Lightweight Champion Of The World, Joan Guzman (25-4-2 10KOs) puts his title on the line against the Undefeated #1 Contender, Carlos "El Indio" Quintana (17-0-0 1KO)

Will Guzman continue his dominance of the 135 lbs. division? Or Will Quintana fulfill his championship potential and dethrone the lightweight king?

Joan Guzman Career Highlights :

W UD 12 Osvaldo Batista - For the Jr. Bantamweight Title
D 12, D 12, W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Cash On Demand - turns draws over into dominate wins.
W TKO 7 Pavel "The Spy" Molotov - solid win over the former world champion
W TKO 6 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - solid win over the former world champion
W KO 11, L UD 12, L UD 12, W KO 12 Jesse Jane - won lightweight title in fight one. turns over losses into another knockout win to win the lightweight title for the 2nd time over the 3 division world champion.
L KO 4, W UD 12 Ricardo Reyes - turns over careless loss into a dominating win to win back the lightweight title for the 3rd time.
W TKO 9 Tera Patrick - destroys 3 division World Champion Tera Patrick in lightweight super fight.

-----

Carlos Quintana Career Highlights :

W UD 12, W UD 12 Carlos "El Apostle" Maussa - solid wins over the former world champion
W UD 12 Pavel "The Spy" Molotov - solid win over the former world champion
W SD 12 Muckles Reilly - razor thin win in a battle between undefeated prospects

----------

PLACE YOUR BETS!

Maxy
Quintana ain't got no pop in his shots so I believe Guzman will walk him down, hurt him and beat him on points.
BigG
I know both guys better then anyone and I'll say this..

It could go either way.

I'll leave it at that.
BigJuicyHog
This is a very interesting fight all the way around. One of the most glaring statistics is Quintana's height advantage.
BigJuicyHog
Quintana has been training harder for this fight than any other fight. He will be 100 percent ready come fight time.
BigG
Fight of the night next to Judah-Maussa III right here. Cant wait to see who wins. thumbsup_anim.gif
CyruS
Guzman gives the undefeated #1 contender a beating and wins by UD including some devastating punches.
BigJuicyHog
Guzman is just lucky that there were no power conditionals in that fight plan or he would have got KTFO with all of that allout he was doing.
CyruS
Guzman is no paul williams, he would not fall to quintana.
BigJuicyHog
Yes, but we have seen Guzman get knocked out by a lesser fighter when doing allout.
CyruS
Fluke punch that was avenged laugh.gif
Maxy
Quintana is a serious threat at lightweight but I didn't expect him to beat Guzman and I nailed the prediction. In 3 fights time both Muckles Reilly and Ray De los Santos should be ready for a crack at Guzman, all being well...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.