Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley-Judah In The Works?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
easywork
Mosley-Judah in the works?

According to reports out of Arizona, former undisputed welterweight champion Zab Judah, who was in Scottsdale this past weekend to lend support to comebacking heavyweight Monte Barrett, announced that he's currently in negotiations with three-time world champion Shane Mosley for a potential clash in April. Judah made the statement to the small crowd in attendance. While details are still foggy regarding Judah's surprise announcement, it is known that Shane Mosley has been in talks with another former undisputed welterweight champion, Ricardo Mayorga, for a potential May 17th clash, although sources say that date may be pushed back to May 31st.

Mosley-Judah? I guess that's better than Mosley-Mayorga...I guess....maybe, maybe not...hard to say.
BigG
Both would be good fights, but I'd rather see Judah-Mosley at this point. Shane should stay at 147. This fight would be great. I actually think it's a winnable fight for Zab for some reason...
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 5 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]377511[/snapback]
Both would be good fights, but I'd rather see Judah-Mosley at this point. Shane should stay at 147. This fight would be great. I actually think it's a winnable fight for Zab for some reason...

Agreed.
JD
Mosley - Judah at 147...Mosley - Mayorga at 154...

Tough to say. I actually think Mosley - Mayorga might be the more interesting fight.
streetlion1
This would be a good fight!! I see Mosley winning by late K.O. or U.D.
salvador
Judah's only chance would be to hurt Mosley with an uppercut, but I just don't see it. Mosley took everything Cotto had, and so it's hard to believe that Judah could do what Cotto couldn't.

Mosley by 9-3 type of decision or by ko.

Mosley - Mayorga would be a much more interesting fight.

Judah needs to fight Hatton at 140. He just doesn't have a ww punch or chin.
thehype
I don't think either one of those guys will beat Mosley, but Zab might have a better shot at beating him than Mayorga.

Mayorga sounds like the much easier fight to me.

Here's the real question though...if they made it a PPV, which one would you be more willing to pay for?
Fitz
I honestly wouldn't be disappointed with either fight, and would pay for both. With Mayorga though, it may be more entertaining, but I think Mayorga will be brave and put on an entertaining effort like he usually does, but he won't have much for Mosley, other than being there for most of the night and making Mosley fight. He will fall short though.
With Judah, I think it's a bit more of a hit or miss type fight, where it could end extremely early or just your typical Judah fight where he gets broken down late or have a very interesting fight where Judah's speed may really bother Mosley. They are both speedsters and I think make an interesting match up. There are a few outcomes that seem possible in that fight, while with Mayorga, I can only really see Mosley taking out a comfortable decision in an entertaining fight.
I slightly prefer the Judah fight, but wouldn't be too disappointed with either fight.
Big Slim Sweet
I like both fights. Either one Shane should be a comfortable favorite in. I do think Zab's speed will give Shane more problems than anything Mayorga does, so for me that's definitely the tougher fight of the two, though I still see Shane winning it.

If I had to choose, I'd rather watch Mosley-Judah. It feels a little more like a legitimate fight between two top welterweight contenders, as opposed to the Mayorga fight which has a whiff of the senior's tour element to it. I also prefer to see SSM remain at 147 rather than jump weight classes once again.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 5 2008, 10:41 AM) [snapback]377541[/snapback]
I like both fights. Either one Shane should be a comfortable favorite in. I do think Zab's speed will give Shane more problems than anything Mayorga does, so for me that's definitely the tougher fight of the two, though I still see Shane winning it.

If I had to choose, I'd rather watch Mosley-Judah. It feels a little more like a legitimate fight between two top welterweight contenders, as opposed to the Mayorga fight which has a whiff of the senior's tour element to it. I also prefer to see SSM remain at 147 rather than jump weight classes once again.

Mosley will win either of those fights. I would like to see him fight Judah, though.
Elijah
I absolutely do not wanna see Mosley/Mayorga. Mayorga just doesn't have enough in him anymore to give Shane a good fight. Shane boxes his way to an easy decision. Now, Mosley/Judah has the potential to be an explosive fight. I'd actually give Judah a shot at winning this one and see it as a far more competitive bout. I'd watch Mosley/Mayorga but would pay for Mosley/Judah as a PPV.
Big Slim Sweet
I don't think Mosley-Judah makes much sense though as a PPV and doubt it would generate more than 200-250,000 buys. It's a very appealing fight but still just a very appealing fight between two slightly faded contenders. And Zab was never even really a star to begin with.

Hopefully if the fight is made it's put on WCB. If they do put it on PPV they better stack the undercard.
stateofthegame
I would not and will not pay for either. I am sick of PPV and refuse to pay the ridiculous price for it. Besides if I do, the biggest storm to ever hit Arkansas comes through and my dish gets knocked out.
Lil-lightsout
I would love to see this fight. Judah has always bad mouthed Shane, and I would love to see Mosley KO this underachiever. I truly think Shane would have little problems with Judah and would stop him eventually. This definately is not PPV material, but because I am a huge fan of Shane, I would buy it regardless.
BigG
QUOTE(thehype @ Feb 5 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]377539[/snapback]
I don't think either one of those guys will beat Mosley, but Zab might have a better shot at beating him than Mayorga.

Mayorga sounds like the much easier fight to me.

Here's the real question though...if they made it a PPV, which one would you be more willing to pay for?

Mayorga is entertaining so I wouldn't mind seeing him fight anyone but to me a Judah fight woul dbe more significant at this point. And I'm sure Shane would have to move up AGAIN because I dont think Mayorga can make 147 anymore.

Plus Shane-Judah is a very interesting fight stylewise.
BrutalBodyShots
Judah is 1-5 in big fights.

Mosley is a big fight.

That should tell you about what the odds should be.

I think Mosley-Judah would be similar to Judah-Mayweather or Judah-Cotto in that Judah would have some success in the first third of the fight only to cave in and lose the second third of the fight closely but clearly and the final third in one sided fashion.

yuca
I'd be happy with any of those fights. Afterwards I wouldn't mind seeing Mayorga drop to 47 and fight Judah, that would be entertaining, too.
thehype
Hmmmm...maybe someone should have slapped the ol' remember where you heard it first tagline on that news.

LOL
and the NEW
I think the authors name says it all, "easy work"!

Mosley has way too much for Judah over the course of the night and I dont see Judah really buzzing Mosley, who has one heck of a chin!

J1GG
Fight is going to happen

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...5&cat=boxer

BoxingStill#1
I think this will be an entertaining fight,.... Judah's last pay day definately.......
xxxxxx
I like this fight. It should be very entertaing while it lasts.I think Mosley will win this one by late tko.
BigG
Mosley doesn't have pressure like Cotto and he's not as slick as Floyd so I dont think this that bad of a matchup for Judah. His quickness and tricky straight left might actually give Shane a few problems.
AussieLad
Good fight. Judah has a decent chance, but its hard to pick the guy in a big fight given his history.
hardhead
I also think Mosley would be too much for Judah even at this stage, Mosley has too much of a chin, stamina and skills to match. I also think he would probably enjoy a strength advantage, Judah probably has a little more speed(and defense) at this point but Mosley is the harder consistent accurate puncher. I especially feel confident that Mosley would win this fight after seeing him go 12 hard rounds with Cotto and actually have Cotto backing away late in the fight, this to me maybe shows that he has some fight left in him especially if it's against a 2nd tier guy like Judah.

I think Judah has a better chance of beating Mosley then Mayorga does, Mosley would be the shit out of Mayorga and his no defense having, wild ass...
Fitz
I kind of disagree slightly about Mosley backing Cotto up late in the fight. Well no doubt he had Cotto backing up, but I kind of feel that Cotto was allowed it to happen to some extent. I remember watching the fight both times, and early to mid rounds, Cotto was turning it up good. He was out boxing Mosley, countering, out jabbing him. I kind of had the feeling that if Cotto continued, there was a chance Mosley could be stopped late in the fight. Then round 9 (maybe it was 10) comes and he just takes the whole round off and stopped everything. I didn't see anything where I felt the tide was turning in Mosley's favour or anything, Cotto just stopped. I think Cotto coasted at the end of the fight and sure he ate some nice shots to the body for that, but I just don't read as much into it as others. So I don't necessarily look at that fight as Mosley coming on strong, being the beast and walking Cotto down late in the fight, I actually thought it was Cotto himself who allowed most of it to happen.
hardhead
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 9 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]377863[/snapback]
I kind of disagree slightly about Mosley backing Cotto up late in the fight. Well no doubt he had Cotto backing up, but I kind of feel that Cotto was allowed it to happen to some extent. I remember watching the fight both times, and early to mid rounds, Cotto was turning it up good. He was out boxing Mosley, countering, out jabbing him. I kind of had the feeling that if Cotto continued, there was a chance Mosley could be stopped late in the fight. Then round 9 (maybe it was 10) comes and he just takes the whole round off and stopped everything. I didn't see anything where I felt the tide was turning in Mosley's favour or anything, Cotto just stopped. I think Cotto coasted at the end of the fight and sure he ate some nice shots to the body for that, but I just don't read as much into it as others. So I don't necessarily look at that fight as Mosley coming on strong, being the beast and walking Cotto down late in the fight, I actually thought it was Cotto himself who allowed most of it to happen.

I wouldn't say he was walking him down like a beast because I had Cotto winning the 11th round by boxing that round and landing a god jab(I'm going off memory but I think I had Mosley winning 12, 10 and 9 though) but Mosley I want to say in the 9th round and 10th landed some very hard body shots and at that point Cotto got on his bike from those shots, that's how I looked at it and that's what I think happened. Mosley didn't press as much as he could've/should have but he was still working the body very well which I think is what led Cotto to coast and stay away....Regardless I think Mosley is going to school Judah pretty good, someone mentioned it already but Judah's best weapon is his uppercut and his speed, those are two things that usually keep him in it for the first 5 rounds or so but he just fade/losses focus bad after that and the other fighter takes advantage, that's seems to be the biggest problem with Judah..
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Feb 5 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]377560[/snapback]
I would not and will not pay for either. I am sick of PPV and refuse to pay the ridiculous price for it. Besides if I do, the biggest storm to ever hit Arkansas comes through and my dish gets knocked out.

And I thought these things only happen here in Tennessee. I think both of these would be good fights. The Judah fight would be tougher for Mosley but Mayorga always makes it interesting. He always comes to fight. Neither of these fights should be on PPV. Lets hope.

Boxingjunkie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.