Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPDATE: WHERE IS MINO?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
iron_mike
We had some p.ms dicussing payment. Said he needed two weeks. Now it's well over two weeks. Where is Mino???
The CEO
probably somewhere blowing that dough he owes you...lol
Fitz
I knew he was a no good piece of shit as soon as you made the bet. Your first clue should have been when he was extremely confident that Trinidad was going to get the KO, and then slowly started to back pedal when someone mentioned he was better off getting better odds from a bookie. He was never serious or going to pay. Nobody is that fucking retarded to be talking trash to everyone on how Tito is going to KO Jones at 170.
Titlebelt
Last I heard, dragracer was giving him advice, regarding the best way to avoid payment. laugh.gif
iron_mike
QUOTE(Titlebelt @ Feb 8 2008, 02:01 AM) [snapback]377750[/snapback]
Last I heard, dragracer was giving him advice, regarding the best way to avoid payment. laugh.gif

Is Dragracer a renegger to?
imperial
He never recovered from the Giants Dallas game !
Titlebelt
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Feb 8 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]377767[/snapback]
Is Dragracer a renegger to?

No. Dragracer faked his own death. laugh.gif
iron_mike
QUOTE(Titlebelt @ Feb 8 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]377782[/snapback]
No. Dragracer faked his own death. laugh.gif

I won't go into Mino's p.m.'s, but he guaranteed payment 2 weeks after the pms started which was the 21st of Jan. Should I chalk this to don't gamble online on a message board with complete strangers? I also go to a pool forum and they make bets and they always pay up. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt....though I am doubting more and more.
JD
That is pretty weak.

I don't know if I would make a blanket assumption about all people online, if he doesn't meet his end of the deal - that is his character flaw.
iron_mike
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 8 2008, 06:49 PM) [snapback]377785[/snapback]
That is pretty weak.

I don't know if I would make a blanket assumption about all people online, if he doesn't meet his end of the deal - that is his character flaw.

Agreed. I bet on basketball like a fiend and will bet boxing and basketball ONLY with people I know personally. If I'm dead broke, I'll beg, borrow, steal to cover any outstanding debts. That's just me. Always honor bets, was what I was taught. I took my lumps the hard way, betting on shooting pool with 0 dollars on me. I took my share of beatdowns. Nothing to do but wait I guess.
iron_mike
I'm optimistic. I think he'll come through. I hope.....
Fitz
I hope you get your money. That's one thing I hate. I'm a guy that always pays up and know the feeling when some other prick that doesn't. I kind of had the feeling that this guy wouldn't pay though. I saw him semi back pedaling in some threads. If he doesn't pay, I will remind him about it every time I see him and I'm sure some others will too.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 8 2008, 07:58 PM) [snapback]377794[/snapback]
I hope you get your money. That's one thing I hate. I'm a guy that always pays up and know the feeling when some other prick that doesn't. I kind of had the feeling that this guy wouldn't pay though. I saw him semi back pedaling in some threads. If he doesn't pay, I will remind him about it every time I see him and I'm sure some others will too.

Well like the great Antonio Montana once said "All I have in this world is my balls and my word. And I don't break them for nobody." Tonight, I played a guy 9 ball first to 5 games for 50 bucks. This is a guy I can beat left testicled with both arms in a cast. I wasn't drunk, but he beat me. Shit happens. I made sure i had the $ to cover IN CASE I lost, which in 5 million years I didn't think I would. Well I lost. No more drinking for me on a Friday night, pretty sad, but it is what it is. I lose i pay. I'm opening up a can of worms right here, but I'll take $50 on Taylor. 1st P.M. gets the bet. KO, decision, whatever. Pavlik wins, I'll pay up. I know most of you cats think JT has no shot, but I do, so I'll put this wager out there to prove I'm a MAN of my word. From Mino's p.ms, he don't seem like a bad, dishonest guy, but WTF???? It's $250. And if he's having trouble, KEEP ME POSTED!!!!...i need a few more days, another week, etc. Don't just fade into Bolivian fuck.gif
Titlebelt
Already PM'd you Mike. Let me know something. -Titlebelt
iron_mike
'If he doesn't pay, I will remind him about it every time I see him and I'm sure some others will too.'

That's all well and good and MUCH appreciated, but he was last seen Feb 5th. He could be lurking around not logged in. Let's hope he shows. Even for just a quick update. Common courtesy. BTW, what happened to all the JT naysayers? Only one p.m!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Feb 8 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]377808[/snapback]
Don't just fade into Bolivian fuck.gif

Where exactly is Bolivian? laugh.gif

I think you need the $250 for some online Elementary school courses!

Do you think that you meant to use the word "oblivion"? ok.gif
iron_mike
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 9 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]377849[/snapback]
Where exactly is Bolivian? laugh.gif

I think you need the $250 for some online Elementary school courses!

Do you think that you meant to use the word "oblivion"? ok.gif

Why are you always following me Minnesota Fats Botha? Am I that intriguing you have to post wherever I post? After Lewis beat Tyson, a reporter asked him "what are you gonna do now Mike?" He said "I don't know, I might just fade into Bolivian." Ok White Blobolo? Satisfied? It was a funny Tyson quote. Now go practice your hot dog consuming- July is coming up. Kobayashi is no longer king. You have to worry about Joey Chestnut. fuck.gif
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Feb 9 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]377859[/snapback]
Why are you always following me Minnesota Fats Botha? Am I that intriguing you have to post wherever I post? After Lewis beat Tyson, a reporter asked him "what are you gonna do now Mike?" He said "I don't know, I might just fade into Bolivian." Ok White Blobolo? Satisfied? It was a funny Tyson quote. Now go practice your hot dog consuming- July is coming up. Kobayashi is no longer king. You have to worry about Joey Chestnut. fuck.gif

Hey now.....................Kobayashi had an injured jaw. It was not a fair contest............Revenge will be sweet. Chestnut is quite impressive though.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 10 2008, 01:42 AM) [snapback]377933[/snapback]
Hey now.....................Kobayashi had an injured jaw. It was not a fair contest............Revenge will be sweet. Chestnut is quite impressive though.

That's true-he had the acupuncture injections to get his jaw working. Joey's technique is kind of gross. I mean no one looks prim and proper, but Chestnut violently jabs the hot dog in the side of his throat with his eyes closed and with a look of torture on his face. I hope Kobayashi can make a comeback. The bar keeps getting raised every year and it's ridiculous right now. 100 in a few years? It's gotta happen sometime. That kid with the mohawk-Bertolini or something-he's gonna be one of the elite.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Feb 10 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]378018[/snapback]
That's true-he had the acupuncture injections to get his jaw working. Joey's technique is kind of gross. I mean no one looks prim and proper, but Chestnut violently jabs the hot dog in the side of his throat with his eyes closed and with a look of torture on his face. I hope Kobayashi can make a comeback. The bar keeps getting raised every year and it's ridiculous right now. 100 in a few years? It's gotta happen sometime. That kid with the mohawk-Bertolini or something-he's gonna be one of the elite.

That sport is sooo CRAZY! The last two years I watched that event. Before that I thought it was TOTALLY silly and told myself that I would never watch something so silly. Then there I was watching in awe, excitement, and disgust all at the same time. And then I found myself rooting for Kobayashi. LOL. They really surpassed the past record. I can barely get down 3 hot dogs, let alone what these guys are doing. What was it, like 63 or something???? They are inhaling those things.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 10 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]378079[/snapback]
That sport is sooo CRAZY! The last two years I watched that event. Before that I thought it was TOTALLY silly and told myself that I would never watch something so silly. Then there I was watching in awe, excitement, and disgust all at the same time. And then I found myself rooting for Kobayashi. LOL. They really surpassed the past record. I can barely get down 3 hot dogs, let alone what these guys are doing. What was it, like 63 or something???? They are inhaling those things.

It's a real lifestyle to these guys and they treat it as such. I remember a while before Kobayashi hit the scene, there was another Japanese phenom. They competed in the same events, but it was clear Takeru was the future. Anyway, they showed him (the other guy) at a restaurant practicicng consuming ALL this food. One dish was noodles with shaved ice with a hot sauce all over it or something to that effect. Even the chef came out at the end to congratulate him. Even MTV did a True Life "I'm a Competetive Eater." They had Tim "Eater X" Janus, who seems like a nice guy with his Ultimate Warrior facepaint, but really has no chance against the elite. By the way I see Eric "Badlands" Booker- the guy with the rap c.d. all the time! He's a conductor on the #7 train. BTW STILL NO SIGN OF MINO DAMMIT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.