Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latin Fury PPV Results/Postfight (Inc. Round by Round Link)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For any discussions of the Latin Fury card. Please keep everything in this thread. Follow the round by round action on our homepage. Sorry for the delay, I wasn't sure if we were going to do a RBR or not:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround1917.html

Jack

Administrator
BigG
LOL...Chavez Jr was hit something like 1000 times in this fight.
kidbazooka1
Edgar Sosa WBC jr flyweight chamo retained his title over Uribe with a UD.

Chavez Jr stopped Celaya in 8 rds. Jr floored Celaya in the 2nd rd with a beautiful left hook flush on the chin but Celaya showed heart and made it through the rd. I figured Celaya would give Jr a tought time some of the fighhype experts even picked Celaya to beat Jr. Celaya's face was all beat up after 8 rd and his eye was just a horrific sight. Now that Chavez has been stepping it up in competition I wanna see him be a little more active he's been showing good power and poise for age but I would like to see him throw more punches in bunches.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 10 2008, 05:24 AM) [snapback]377944[/snapback]
LOL...Chavez Jr was hit something like 1000 times in this fight.

He did I think Chavez was relying to much on his chin he knew Celaya could not hurt him but he better not make a habit of that sh*t. Celaya is a very expierienced and crafty guy I knew he would give Chavez his toughest test. Chavez claimed to not being able to prepare right for the fight but this was another big step up for him whenever Chavez landed he would hurt Celaya. Chavez obviousley has heavy hands and good power Celaya's face was all f*cked up but I do wanna see Chavez throw more punches.

Chavez dropped Celaya with a brutal left hook in the 2nd rd but I think in the long run it was better for young Chavez to go through what he went through tonight than to have an easy KO.
BigG
Caleya could not hurt him at all..he was just pecking and pecking him and was probably up 6-1 at the time of the stoppage. They need to keep Chavez fighting at that level for a long time, the top dogs will kill him.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 10 2008, 05:45 AM) [snapback]377947[/snapback]
Caleya could not hurt him at all..he was just pecking and pecking him and was probably up 6-1 at the time of the stoppage.

The fight was close but I wouldn't say 6-1. Chavez droppedd him in the 2nd and took the 3rd some of the other rds were very close. Celaya was doing a good job at switching up and giving Chavez angles but was getting beat up in the process.

This was a another step up for Chavez. Celaya was a highly accomplished amatuer and was even an alternate in the the 2000 Olympics so he definitly had alot more expierienced than Chavez and it showed but Jr. was able to get the job done.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was quite an interesting fight. Celaya did an excellent job outworking Chavez, and pretty much was landing anything he threw. However, Chavez was landing the harder shots, and busting Celaya up. I had Celaya up two points going into that 8th round, and the fight would of been up for grabs in the last two rounds. I'm surprised he quit, but I dont judge, because you never know what a person is feeling in that ring. Chavez has a long ways to go before he competes with the elite fighters in this division. I'd love to see a rematch between these two with Celaya better conditioned. Celaya's legs didn't seem right from the beginning. Probably won't happen though.

Oh yea, for those interested this fight is up at youtube now.
Kyle
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Feb 11 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]378093[/snapback]
That was quite an interesting fight. Celaya did an excellent job outworking Chavez, and pretty much was landing anything he threw. However, Chavez was landing the harder shots, and busting Celaya up. I had Celaya up two points going into that 8th round, and the fight would of been up for grabs in the last two rounds. I'm surprised he quit, but I dont judge, because you never know what a person is feeling in that ring. Chavez has a long ways to go before he competes with the elite fighters in this division. I'd love to see a rematch between these two with Celaya better conditioned. Celaya's legs didn't seem right from the beginning. Probably won't happen though.

Oh yea, for those interested this fight is up at youtube now.
Kyle

Celaya couldn't see from his left eye anymore thats why I think he decided to stop fighting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.