Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jermain "Bad Decisions" Taylor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Nay_Sayer
Taking this immediate rematch was a stupid decision on his management's part. WTF was Dibella thinking about?

That said, what can/should Taylor do differently this time?
STEVENSKI
I spilt coffee after that thread title. Seriously how funny would it be if someone announced him as "Bad Decisions".
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Feb 10 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]378051[/snapback]
Taking this immediate rematch was a stupid decision on his management's part. WTF was Dibella thinking about?

That said, what can/should Taylor do differently this time?

Honestly, I don't know.

If he tries to work off of a jab and move, I think his stamina will betray him as the fight wears on. If he tries to bang, I think his chin will betray him.

His best bet is probably to try to mix it up, I just don't think it will be enough.
Imperius3
He needs to keep his hands up and forget about that low left hand guard. I thought after Wright pummeled him against the ropes that he would fix that, but he didn't. Maybe Pavlik taught him something, but like I've said before, I don't think Taylor is a very smart fighter. He's bound to leave that head out in the open to get cracked again.

Pavlik TKO 8
stateofthegame
He should at least get back to throwing a left hook to the body/ left hook to the head combo the way he used to. Jermain was killing people with that on his way up, but from Joppy on he quit throwing that combo. I really do not know what he can do. He has to box and move on Kelly, but if he does that is he going to go to the ropes to rest the way he is known to do, then he will get KO'd again. If he tries to mix it up he is going to eat right hands again and then he gets KO'd. I hope Jermain does well, but as of now all the things that he can do leads him to be KO'd again.

Dibella and his camp act like the second round showed his superiority over Pavlik and that this fight is going to be different, but this is not telling round on Jermain. I mean ever since he dropped Joppy and then allowed Joppy to go to a decision he has been getting backed up. He was hit at will be Wright, Ouma backed him up (lets face it Ouma should just now be waking up from their fight), and the second half of the Hopkins fights were to Hopkins favor. They act like the Pavlik fight was the first time a flaw showed up.
hardhead
Taylor had no answer for the right hand, Pavlik was landing at will with the right and in the rematch it will only be a matter of time before it happens again and he gets caught and rocked. I think Taylor relied a lot on his strength, himself being a pretty big middleweight, and he doesn't have that advantage with Pavlik who is just as strong and has more power..
D-MARV
I know what Taylor can do differently. He can Finish him this time!
I think Taylor take this one fellaz!
PR316
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 10 2008, 10:27 PM) [snapback]378061[/snapback]
Honestly, I don't know.

If he tries to work off of a jab and move, I think his stamina will betray him as the fight wears on. If he tries to bang, I think his chin will betray him.

His best bet is probably to try to mix it up, I just don't think it will be enough.

I think if Taylor adopts the approach he did against Spinks, it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see him stink out the joint en route to an ugly, unimpressive decision. Taylor still has the quicker hands, and just maybe he can do something. The odds are against him, though. Will be hard.
BrutalBodyShots
I feel like we've done this thread 10 times since their first fight...

That said, I think Pavlik simply gets it done a little quicker the second time around.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Taylor is going to take a decision in the rematch. Taylor knows what he has done wrong, and I think he has more chemistry in his camp now with Nelson. Hopefully, this leads to a more focused fight from Taylor, and a victory. However, Manny Steward may be right. Taylor could just be an instincts fighter, and just not be able to follow a strategy. We'll see with this rematch for sure, but I feel he's gonna come in more focused and hungry this time. He'll utilize his jab better, and fight a better fight. Lets not forget, Pavlik was about 10 seconds away from being stopped early, and this rematch wouldn't even be talked about.
Kyle
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 10 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]378086[/snapback]
I feel like we've done this thread 10 times since their first fight...

That's because we have. cool.gif
streetlion1
He could finally learn how to stop straight right hands...but could-would-should doesnt cut it..so he'll probably be eating alot of those again. The only thing I think he'll do different this time is try to be more patient. However he'll still be K.Oed in the end.
buford54
I honestly think that his team believes that if he only learned how to finish, that he would have won the fight, and they are banking on that in the rematch.
DiBella won his lawsuit against Hopkins, then Taylor got his 2 W's over Hops right afterwards. It may have skewed his thinking. Either he's realized that he needs to cash in on Taylor while he can still sell the last fight as a fluke, or he really thinks that it was a fluke, and that Taylor will win by KO in the rematch.
BrutalBodyShots
I think that Taylor's best bet is to go out there and throw caution to the wind and just THROW POWER PUNCHES. Taylor should honestly look at this fight as a 4 rounder and blow his entire wad in those 4 rounds.

I agree with JD that Taylor's stamina or chin will be his downfall in this fight. The longer it goes the more tired he will get (and then get stopped) or the more right hands he will take (and then get stopped). In a nutshell, the longer the fight goes the more it favors Pavlik.

If I were Taylor's people I would send him out there to go for broke from the opening bell. Maybe he gets lucky and catches Pavlik cold in the first or second round or lands a perfect shot in the first 4 rounds. The only way he stands a chance though is if he throws. If Taylor doesn't get it done in 4 he'll be out of gas from trying to do so and probably stopped in 5 but at least he gave himself the best chance for a win.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]378186[/snapback]
I personally don't think a guy should be boxing period if he were to look at a 12 round fight as a 4 rounder. The trainers should have no business throwing a guy into the ring with that mentality either. I understand fighters gas after 4 rounds, but I don't think anybody should go in with that mentality though.

I think it's more of a calculated risk on the part of their team Fitz. I mean they KNOW their guy can't go 36 minutes with Pavlik... so they shouldn't be sending Taylor out there to fight as if he is going to be going 36 minutes. I don't necessarily think that means Taylor shouldn't be fighting.... I don't see it as a "Butterbean" sideshow type thing where a guy physically can't go more than 4 rounds - I see it more as a past-prime Tyson thing where his greatest chance is within the first 4 rounds and there's a 99% chance that he's going to lose if it goes past that so he might as well let it all hang out early.

Just my take though.

AussieLad
I dont think pavlik is a lock in this fight. I think taylor can out box pavlik early, and coast to a close points decision as pavlik comes on late in the fight

He punched himself out early in the first fight, he needs to pace himself better and he can win

That being said, i would prefer pavlik to KO him again black eye.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I don't know how anyone can think Taylor can "coast" against Pavlik late...

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Feb 11 2008, 09:00 PM) [snapback]378197[/snapback]
I dont think pavlik is a lock in this fight. I think taylor can out box pavlik early, and coast to a close points decision as pavlik comes on late in the fight

Sorry but no. Pavlik was winning the contest in the middle of the ring last time around...
AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 12 2008, 03:12 AM) [snapback]378198[/snapback]
I don't know how anyone can think Taylor can "coast" against Pavlik late...

Your right, it was a bad choice of words. What i meant was, i can see him racking up early rounds and riding the lead in the latter rounds as he wears down and pavlik comes on, taking a close points decision. Never meant to imply it would be easy

Taylor was landing hard shots at will on pavlik in the early rounds and hurting him, then he obviously made an error and spent his wad too early trying to take him out. I think the reason they are taking the immediate rematch is because they know the mistake they made, and truly believe they can correct it.

Those that think pavlik is going to blow a more cautious taylor out of the water are in for a rude surprise
KOpower
Guys, Jermain was actually well ahead on all 3 judge's cards when he got knocked out. Even if you take away the knockdown in round 2, Jermain still had a comfortable lead. I thought Jermain was hitting Kelly with cleaner shots for the most part. Kelly's defense is average at best and Jermain was peppering him nicely.

The problem with Jermain in this fight is 2-fold...

1. His weakness is Kelly's biggest strength.....he can't stop the right hand and that right hand is Kelly's money punch. If you can't stop the straight right, and that has been Jermain's problem for a long time now, you will get torn apart by Pavlik. His power is as good as any MW I have seen in a long time.

2. Jermain won't use his natural talent to his advantage. If he boxed and countered Kelly I think he would have get the win but Jermain is not a true boxer. He is going to slug it out with Kelly once he gets in that ring. Jermain's advantages are hand speed and athletic ability yet he doesn't use those to his advantage in the fight. He should box, box jab, jab and keep that fight in the middle of the ring.

There will be fireworks in this fight. Neither fighter has a good chin and neither fighter has much defense. The problem for Jermain is that Kelly just has more power and I think Kelly gets to JT quicker than JT can get to Kelly because of that power. It wouldn't surprise me at all if JT knocks Kelly out somewhere in round 1-5 though, and that is what makes this fight PPV worthy.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Feb 12 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]378204[/snapback]
Sorry but no. Pavlik was winning the contest in the middle of the ring last time around...

Not true at all. Taylor was winning most of the exchanges in the middle of the ring. Taylor was running into trouble when got backed up by Kelly's jab.
BGv2.0
I cannot believe all of the "JT has no chance to win" and "It's going to be very difficult" stuff I'm seeing and hearing...even from guys like Jim Lampley on the Countdown program.

Based on what?

Yes...Pavlik got a beautiful stoppage.....BUT...he himself was almost stopped. IMHO...Taylor may have very well simply came up short on this particular fight. It's not as if Pavlik's skill level is so supeior to JT that is destined to happen again.

NOW....99% of the time...I am dead set AGAINST instant rematches, but I did not feel this way on this one. The last time, they showed footage of JT's "training camp"...it was a total crock of shit....him and his buddies playing Playstation and fishing...WTF??? From that it looked like he took Kelly lightly and it bit him in the ass.

It's a lesson every young, undefeated fighter has to learn at some point. AND...juding from his remarks in the Countdown program...it looks like it has really hummbled him and made him really take training serious.

This is a man who beat Benard Hopkins twice.....this is a VERY talended and able fighter.

I can see him learning from the first fight....making the needed adjustments and getting the win in the rematch. I don't see it as far fetched at all.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 12 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]378257[/snapback]
Not true at all. Taylor was winning most of the exchanges in the middle of the ring. Taylor was running into trouble when got backed up by Kelly's jab.

You need to go watch the fight again. Pavlik won rounds 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Taylor found himself at the end of Pavlik's long jab all night long.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Feb 12 2008, 03:43 PM) [snapback]378279[/snapback]
You need to go watch the fight again. Pavlik won rounds 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Taylor found himself at the end of Pavlik's long jab all night long.

I've seen the fight many times already because I DVR'd it when it happened. Whenever Pavlik and Taylor exchanged punches in the middle of the ring Taylor was getting the better of it which is what led to the card being the way where. Taylor was getting fucked up whenever Pavlik would back him up with the Jab which is coincidently the way he got K.O.ed.

PS. I had Taylor winning the round 1, 2 and 4.
Hodge
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 12 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]378280[/snapback]
I've seen the fight many times already because I DVR'd it when it happened. Whenever Pavlik and Taylor exchanged punches in the middle of the ring Taylor was getting the better of it which is what led to the card being the way where. Taylor was getting fucked up whenever Pavlik would back him up with the Jab which is coincidently the way he got K.O.ed.

I had the same observation. Kelly has a battering ram of a straight right, which had Zuertuche taking a siesta standing up, but on the inside and up close Jermaine gave a good account of himself. It was a right hook that had Kelly on queer street and it was one of the few times Jermaine was able to get Kelly's back towards the ropes. If he's able to cut the distance and nullify the extension of the punch, then Pavlik can have some trouble. It's not to say that it's guaranteed for Jermaine to win this way because he caught a couple of vicious uppercuts in the fight and Kelly is just a big hitter.
caneman
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 12 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]378280[/snapback]

PS. I had Taylor winning the round 1, 2 and 4.

you mean 5 & not 4 right? i had JT winning 2 & 5 only rolleyes.gif
caneman
edit....double post
caneman
QUOTE(Hodge @ Feb 12 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]378281[/snapback]
I had the same observation. Kelly has a battering ram of a straight right, which had Zuertuche taking a siesta standing up, but on the inside and up close Jermaine gave a good account of himself. It was a right hook that had Kelly on queer street and it was one of the few times Jermaine was able to get Kelly's back towards the ropes. If he's able to cut the distance and nullify the extension of the punch, then Pavlik can have some trouble. It's not to say that it's guaranteed for Jermaine to win this way because he caught a couple of vicious uppercuts in the fight and Kelly is just a big hitter.

what round was pavlik's back on the ropes? i don't ever remember that but i will watch it AGAIN right now!
D-MARV
Despite what many are saying, let's not forget that JT was comfortably ahead on all three scorecards. And those are the only scores that matter. IMHO, JT was winning the fight by a round at the time of the stoppage! I too thought JT was winning the exchanges in the middle of the ring. But when Pavlik jabbed and walked Taylor down he was dominating the fight. This wont be an easy fight for anyone. I really think JT is going back to the basics and is gonna keep his guard up. My prediction is JT by unanimous decision.
Though I think JT wants the KO more than anything, he is not going to over do it like he did in the first fight. He will settle down work behind his Jab and outpoint Kelly in a close decision!
caneman
well IMHO, if you thought JT won by 2 rounds(even 2 points), IMHO your opinion is dog shit with all due respect. and if you think JT will keep that left hand hand up the whole fight....i wanna see what you say when he gets KTFO by a str8 right hand AGAIN! and BTW, fuck those piece of shit judges...that is the best thing here is....the ghost won't let it go to the judges & it won't go 7 rounds...wanna bet on it? sig bet or more, hit me up & let me know! peace!
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 12 2008, 06:41 PM) [snapback]378307[/snapback]
well IMHO, if you thought JT won by 2 rounds(even 2 points), IMHO your opinion is dog shit with all due respect. and if you think JT will keep that left hand hand up the whole fight....i wanna see what you say when he gets KTFO by a str8 right hand AGAIN! and BTW, fuck those piece of shit judges...that is the best thing here is....the ghost won't let it go to the judges & it won't go 7 rounds...wanna bet on it? sig bet or more, hit me up & let me know! peace!

WOW! Stop PMSing!!!
Your right my opinion is my opinion. I had 3 rounds to 3, with an 10-8 round for Taylor which gives Taylor the advantage! You had 4-2, so i dont see the big deal! ????
ANYwayz, Taylor will tire down the stretch and will get caught by some right hands. But he will do a better job defending, I promise you that! If Pavlik gets the KO then so be it. Im no JT fan, im just stating my opinion.

And Dude, chill out with the "dog shit" comment. Iam obviously not the only one who had taylor winning at the time of the stoppage, so Just as easy as you said it, i can say it. "your opinon was dog shit"

And no, no bet from me buddy, Im not that confident in JT! another day another fight!
Douchebag
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 12 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]378292[/snapback]
you mean 5 & not 4 right? i had JT winning 2 & 5 only rolleyes.gif

The rounds were that tight I scored one for Taylor that you didn't that you didn't big fucking deal. It's not like you're some kind of authority and your opinion is more valid then mine. Yeah thats right shut the fuck up.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 12 2008, 06:33 PM) [snapback]378305[/snapback]
Despite what many are saying, let's not forget that JT was comfortably ahead on all three scorecards. And those are the only scores that matter. IMHO, JT was winning the fight by a round at the time of the stoppage!

Scorecards mean jack when a guy gets stopped, so whats the argument here?

It was a near even fight at the time of the stoppage... 3-3 after 6 or 4-2 for either guy is a valid argument. What isn't up for argument is that while Taylor may have been winning some of the "battles" Pavlik was winning the "war." Aside from the second round I didn't see Taylor really getting to Pavlik. Yes he was catching him with shots but aside from that one instance I never felt like Pavlik was ever in any danger. On the other hand the flow of the fight IMO favored Pavlik, and it looked to me like his punches were bothering Taylor much more than Taylor's were bothering him (again except for the 2nd). The overall feeling that I got when watching the fight several times was that it was "only a matter of time" before Pavlik landed enough of those right hands, or one perfectly flush as they were landing constantly and were visibly bothering Taylor.
hardhead
Taylor may have won a couple rounds(I also had him winning only rounds 2 and 5) but Pavlik was stinging that ass with the right hand constantly and applying heavy pressure and even outjabbing Taylor at times...Taylor won't be able to handle that for 12 rounds IMO...I definitely felt Pavlik was coming on strong after that 2nd round and basically taking control of the fight...
D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 12 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]378314[/snapback]
Scorecards mean jack when a guy gets stopped, so whats the argument here?

It was a near even fight at the time of the stoppage... 3-3 after 6 or 4-2 for either guy is a valid argument. What isn't up for argument is that while Taylor may have been winning some of the "battles" Pavlik was winning the "war." Aside from the second round I didn't see Taylor really getting to Pavlik. Yes he was catching him with shots but aside from that one instance I never felt like Pavlik was ever in any danger. On the other hand the flow of the fight IMO favored Pavlik, and it looked to me like his punches were bothering Taylor much more than Taylor's were bothering him (again except for the 2nd). The overall feeling that I got when watching the fight several times was that it was "only a matter of time" before Pavlik landed enough of those right hands, or one perfectly flush as they were landing constantly and were visibly bothering Taylor.

Well "caneman" was in the forum saying how the had the fight 4-2 Pavlik and that others were crazy for thinking JT was ahead at the time of the stoppage. I guess he thinks that his opinion is the only one the matters.
That being said, I Too, was thinking in the first fight that it was only a matter of time before Kelly KOd Taylor with those right hands. Taylor watsed to much energy in the first 2 rounds. I do believe that JT has Learned from his mistake, work on the basics and will come back in this fight and WIn! This is my opinion, Im sticking with it. If Pavlik KO's him then good for him Its not the first time I was wrong.
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 12 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]378324[/snapback]
Well "caneman" was in the forum saying how the had the fight 4-2 Pavlik and that others were crazy for thinking JT was ahead at the time of the stoppage. I guess he thinks that his opinion is the only one the matters.
That being said, I Too, was thinking in the first fight that it was only a matter of time before Kelly KOd Taylor with those right hands. Taylor watsed to much energy in the first 2 rounds. I do believe that JT has Learned from his mistake, work on the basics and will come back in this fight and WIn! This is my opinion, Im sticking with it. If Pavlik KO's him then good for him Its not the first time I was wrong.

actually you said JT was up by 2 rounds(or 2 points & i didn't see either,sorry man) & i am sorry i didn't see that & even tried to see what compubox & the judges seen & i just couldn't! i don't @ all think my opinion is the only one that matters but i will say this...if round 2 is going to make "waste" all his energy in a 12 round fight then he will never make it 12 rounds with pavlik & that's my opinion.
The Conscience, all i said was what you quoted which was you mean round 5(JT won)& not round 4, so don't get your punk panties all bunched up & you shut the fuck up laugh.gif
hardhead
I would go with the whole "Taylor has learned his lesson" and "will improve" and that whole bit but we've said this so many times when Taylor has fought unimpressively(although winning) or barely eking out questionable decisions, It just never happened in the subsequent fights, Taylor fought pretty much the same and did the very things lead to the close/questionable and ugly fights in the first place. I give him all the credit in the world for trying though(hiring Manny). I used to think it was the opponents that made him look like this but when it happens in every fight I have to think it's something about Taylor and when will it ever change. Maybe this is the time though but I'll have to see it first...

One thing is for sure in this fight fame nothing is for certain, I mean look at this weekend as perfect evidence of that...
hardhead
It was a highly entertaining fight the first time and if Taylor indeed has learned from his mistakes and can bring a little more fight with him we might have a FOTY on our hands...
caneman
One thing is for sure in this fight fame nothing is for certain, I mean look at this weekend as perfect evidence of that...

that is true bro, i still got the ghost by brutal KO AGAIN.
BigG
This is a man who beat Benard Hopkins twice.....this is a VERY talended and able fighter.

If Jermain was a Heavyweight, he'd be the savior of the division.
KookedKrack
cosign

i think he looks better than he did last time but will probably gas out towards the end and pavlik catches him either way itll be FOTY candidate and win or lose he gets my respect for fighting him again rather than fighting a tune up against some bum
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 12 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]378345[/snapback]
round 2 is going to make "waste" all his energy in a 12 round fight then he will never make it 12 rounds with pavlik & that's my opinion.

It was more than round 2. Watch the fight again! JT wanted to knock Pavlik out bad and he wasted alot of punches by going for KOs. The whole 1, 2,3 rounds he was going for kill. That burns a fighter out. If he relaxes he fights behind his Jab he will have some success. The difference will be if he can find a way to deal with Pavlik's Right hand. If he can avoid that punch then he takes this one! But thats "IF". But I think he can.
caneman
i see what you are saying but in my eyes you should be able to fight like that for many rounds. as far as JT stopping the big right hand of pavlik, i just don't see it the way JT holds his left hand so low & swinging it all the way across his body to his right hip. @ this point i am not sure JT stops that rthand even if he keeps in up if pavlik uses a double jab & that str8 rthand.
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 13 2008, 07:14 AM) [snapback]378400[/snapback]
i see what you are saying but in my eyes you should be able to fight like that for many rounds. as far as JT stopping the big right hand of pavlik, i just don't see it the way JT holds his left hand so low & swinging it all the way across his body to his right hip. @ this point i am not sure JT stops that rthand even if he keeps in up if pavlik uses a double jab & that str8 rthand.

The problem JT had in the first fight was he used a lot nervous energy! Pavlik was by far the more relaxed fighter evn after the Knockdown! Jt has to find a way to limit the right hand. He will get tagged by some but he can't get tagged like he did the last fight. He does have a nasty habit of fighting with his left hand down at his hip. This means he is going to move to his right while finding angles to throw. Taylor is athletic enough to pull this off. That is why I give him a chance of winning this fight!
caneman
no doubt that athletically JT could do so things but i think his bad habits & pavlik's better overall skills will be to much for JT again....plus pavlik's punches are so much straighter. you know how it's the punch you don't see that gets you? well that's what i see happening here. after really thinking about it, i don't think it's just the right hand that JT needs to stop...it's kelly's double jab as well. and for the record, i wasn't trying to disrespect anyone about how they scored the fight...it's just unless 1 or 2 combos by JT just had you in awe, i can't see giving JT more then the 2 & 5 round if you REALLY look @ what landed clean & who was making the fight. i am looking forward to this fight in any case.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 12 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]378280[/snapback]
Taylor was getting fucked up whenever Pavlik would back him up with the Jab which is coincidently the way he got K.O.ed.

Where do you think there were standing when Pavlik "would back him up with the Jab"? The middle of the ring, that's where. Pavlik unquestionably, and despite Taylor's faster hands, was The Ring General. Without a doubt, Pavlik was getting the better of Taylor in the middle of the ring which is why Taylor found himself on the ropes and backing up for most, if not all, of the fight.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Feb 13 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]378445[/snapback]
Where do you think there were standing when Pavlik "would back him up with the Jab"? The middle of the ring, that's where. Pavlik unquestionably, and despite Taylor's faster hands, was The Ring General. Without a doubt, Pavlik was getting the better of Taylor in the middle of the ring which is why Taylor found himself on the ropes and backing up for most, if not all, of the fight.

After this post I have come to the consensus that we where watching two different fights that night.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(hardhead @ Feb 12 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]378355[/snapback]
I used to think it was the opponents that made him look like this but when it happens in every fight I have to think it's something about Taylor and when will it ever change. Maybe this is the time though but I'll have to see it first...

IMO, Taylor doesn't have much craft and gets by on his athleticsm. Too bad Hopkins wasn't able to get hold of him 6-7 years ago. Would have been a different story....
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 13 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]378448[/snapback]
After this post I have come to the consensus that we where watching two different fights that night.

No, we were watching the same fight. You're just blind... black eye.gif

wink.gif
dj necrogenic
What can Taylor do differently? Finish Pavlik in the second this time... People tend to forget that Kelly was hurt bad in round 2, with a little more effective aggresiveness, and cleaner shots Taylor can win this via KO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.