Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Aleksander Alexeev vs. "Bad" Chad Dawson Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Blayde
Sunday, February 10th it was Cruiserweight Champion Aleksander Alexeev vs. former Heavyweight and feared power puncher Iron Mike Tyson. It was a fight people were waiting for and there couldnt be a clear favorite found. But what happened? Alexeev put on a beating against Tyson who didnt come out for the 4th round!

Now Alexeev has improved to 25-3 with 20 knockouts and finally the fight between him and Dawson (19-2 with 15 knockouts) is going to happen. Dawson did have two off nights in his career, but still theres no doubt about him possessing a huge amount of talent.

So who will win this big fight for the Cruiserweight crown?

By the way rumors have been coming out that Alexeev, should he be able to beat Dawson, will follow Harold Angus to Heavyweight to be the first Cruiserweight Champion to become Heavyweight Champion ever. Alexeev feels he can beat anyone right now.
BigG
It's a pick em. Chad has the power to damage him and the skills to outbox him but Alexeev has proven to be a killer...

Would Alexeev be interested in fighting Larry Holmes if he beat Angus in a rematch?
Maxy
Alexeev is a beast and I know that first hand from the way he destroyed Ice Cream on 3 separate occasions. His power is surely something else because he is able to render an opponent with good stamina exhausted after only a few rounds.

Dawson lost to Ice Cream but if you look at the fight again you will see Ice Cream used the same sorta style made famous by Bonecrusher in his fight with Mike Tyson way back. He just grabbed hold of Dawson and wouldn't let go. He was lucky not to be disqualified.

I've only had Dawson for one fight but he's got talent, bags of it. The fear is he might not be strong enough to cope with the power of Alexeev (who is) and he could find himself out of his depth within a few rounds. Dawson already has a game plan for the fight and has been using it in sparring with some success but there is no doubt he is a big underdog.

Alexeev at heavyweight is interesting. He's good enough, it seems, to win the title and I can already tell that his style is a nightmare for Dipsy Gawn.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 11 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]378119[/snapback]
It's a pick em. Chad has the power to damage him and the skills to outbox him but Alexeev has proven to be a killer...

Would Alexeev be interested in fighting Larry Holmes if he beat Angus in a rematch?

Angus wants nothing to do with Alexeev. He moved out of the cruiserweight division (some might say he ducked a rematch with Alexeev) to focus on the heavyweights. Right now Angus has his sights set on a bout with Larry Holmes and nobody else but Holmes is likely to be facing Dipsy again....
BigG
Holmes is a bad man. He will have most trouble with Dipsy..but I cant see how Angus can beat him
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 11 2008, 09:53 AM) [snapback]378124[/snapback]
Holmes is a bad man. He will have most trouble with Dipsy..but I cant see how Angus can beat him

Funny thing is, an Angus-Holmes fight is bigger than any fight Dipsy could have on the same weekend and it wouldn't even be for a title.

BTW, has Alexeev ever been floored?
BigG
I dont think so....But TOS battered him.....Alexeev is just a really solid all around type fighter with above avergae power..thats how I see him.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 11 2008, 10:01 AM) [snapback]378126[/snapback]
I dont think so....But TOS battered him.....Alexeev is just a really solid all around type fighter with above avergae power..thats how I see him.

I just checked and he's been down a couple of times...Ice Cream did it in two fights but got battered himself in the end. When TOS beat Alexeev it was kinda like when TOS beat Holmes.....neither of them were ready for him.

Right now they are both amongst the best fighters in the league. Both are extremely good at what they do.
BigJuicyHog
I know first hand how strong Alexeev is. He got the best of Tyson, but I do think with the right plan Tyson could have won. If Alexeev moves up to the HW division, Tyson will be one of the big dogs to beat as he does have some talent.
Maxy
Reports coming out of the Krumbsnatcher gym are indicating that "Bad" Chad Dawson is suffering from pre-fight nerves on the eve of his world title challenge against Aleksander Alexeev. Maxy Krumbsnatcher has been speaking to doctors and some reports even claim he is considering pulling Dawson out of the fight.

An gym insider told us, "Chad has been shaking a lot, he's been praying a lot and his mindstate just doesn't fit that of a world class boxer. There are big concerns about his health right now."
Blayde
Alexeev: "I dont know whats up with Chad Dawson. Probably hes already looking for excuses because he wont stand a chance against me."
BigG
Dawson also has to worry about getting that crack money for Zab....he's going through alot of shit right now..laugh.gif
Maxy
"Bad" Chad Dawson has moved quickly to dispel rumours about his mindstate.

At the weigh for the fight (he scaled 191Ibs), Dawson said "These stories about me not being ready and being worried....skipping training and all that.....they're just stories man. Alexeev never seen no-one like me before. This is my time. I'ma do this for Zab!"

A confident Maxy Krumbsnatcher added, "Chad is "BAD" and he's got the tools to whip Alexeev. We're gonna cause a shock tonight!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.