Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So is there any doubt?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I'm not saying this be because of the ABC logic that Cotto destroyed Quintana and Quintana had an easy time in his fight with Paul Williams. It's more the way that Quintana beat him that leads me to the conclusion that Cotto would make easy work out of Paul. Quintana who doesn't have the power that Cotto has slowed paul down with good boxing, consistent body work and an accurate overhand left that was landing all night. All of these thing Cotto can do and of of the three two of those things Cotto can do better than Quintana. Cotto would destroy Pauls Body over course of the fight and he can go lefty at anytime and land the left to Pauls Grill he is also crafty enough to evade Pauls attacks on the outside like Quintana did, even though I don't think Cotto would stay out of his range for very long if they where to fight. Quintana opened up two cuts on pauls face with accurate punching just immagine what Cotto would do....Cotto win by late tko if he were to fight Williams.
Maxy
There is always doubt but I'd take Cotto to beat him if I had to pick a winner. Maybe hindsight is a wonderful thing though.
Mean Mister Mustard
Considering that Quintana was outmuscling Williams with ease, yeah I think Cotto punishes Williams.
streetlion1
No doubt in my mind...I have always said PW wasnt ready for the divisions elite (Cotto,PBF) and CQ certainly proved my point!! PW's defense sucks and he just isnt that skilled of a boxer overall. Unless he improves...maybe get a different trainer...he doesnt have a chance!!
STEVENSKI
I always said that provided Cotto could get inside Williams reach he would serve up some Kansas City BBQ ribs that were extra tender.
Big Slim Sweet
I always thought Cotto would beat Williams, but last Saturday's fight has no effect on that opinion. I don't think Cotto would beat Williams any worse now after having seen Quintana outbox him.
buford54
Going out on a limb here...
Williams would beat Cotto by UD.
It looked to me like Williams was trying to save his stamina for later in the fight by conserving on his punch output. I honestly think he overlooked Quintana, thinking he would throw a few combos and knock him out.
If Williams went back to his 100 punch per round output, I still think he could outbox Cotto.

If Williams is going to stay at 147, like he says, he needs to win the rematch w/ Quintana, and then go back for Cotto.
I think he'll have learned his lesson.

I just can't stomach, at this point, that he could have thrown 1000 punches against Margarito (which cut Tony's punch output in half (normally Tony throws 1000 punches per fight)) and then, when he drops his output by 200 against a lesser puncher than Tony, he loses.
Either he was weight drained and didn't have the stamina to throw like normal, or he overlooked Carlos and he didn't have the energy.
I say they do the rematch. If Paul loses again...he needs to move up.
If he wins, depending on how bad or dominant he looks, then either we have a triology, or he fights Cotto.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(buford54 @ Feb 11 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]378181[/snapback]
Going out on a limb here...
Williams would beat Cotto by UD.
It looked to me like Williams was trying to save his stamina for later in the fight by conserving on his punch output. I honestly think he overlooked Quintana, thinking he would throw a few combos and knock him out.
If Williams went back to his 100 punch per round output, I still think he could outbox Cotto.

If Williams is going to stay at 147, like he says, he needs to win the rematch w/ Quintana, and then go back for Cotto.
I think he'll have learned his lesson.

I just can't stomach, at this point, that he could have thrown 1000 punches against Margarito (which cut Tony's punch output in half (normally Tony throws 1000 punches per fight)) and then, when he drops his output by 200 against a lesser puncher than Tony, he loses.
Either he was weight drained and didn't have the stamina to throw like normal, or he overlooked Carlos and he didn't have the energy.
I say they do the rematch. If Paul loses again...he needs to move up.
If he wins, depending on how bad or dominant he looks, then either we have a triology, or he fights Cotto.

Williams couldn't get off 100 punches per round because he was finally in there with a guy that could time him and counter him accurately. Cotto IMO is as good or better than Quintana in this department, so I see him dropping Williams' output similarly if they fight. Just because Quintana is a "lesser" puncher or fighter than Margarito has no bearing on anything... Quintana WITHOUT QUESTION is better at timing and countering an opponent than Margarito. This fight defines "styles make fights." It is clear that a fighter that can counter/time Williams is the type that will give him problems. Cotto is one of those guys, and CERTAINLY Mayweather. A come forward and bomb guy like Margarito or a guy like Cintron will always have trouble with Williams.
BigG
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 12 2008, 02:29 AM) [snapback]378185[/snapback]
Williams couldn't get off 100 punches per round because he was finally in there with a guy that could time him and counter him accurately. Cotto IMO is as good or better than Quintana in this department, so I see him dropping Williams' output similarly if they fight. Just because Quintana is a "lesser" puncher or fighter than Margarito has no bearing on anything... Quintana WITHOUT QUESTION is better at timing and countering an opponent than Margarito. This fight defines "styles make fights." It is clear that a fighter that can counter/time Williams is the type that will give him problems. Cotto is one of those guys, and CERTAINLY Mayweather. A come forward and bomb guy like Margarito or a guy like Cintron will always have trouble with Williams.

Exactly....Margarito is so slow and straight forward that Williams was able to release a lot of jabs and combos. He fights a very good boxer like Quintana or a master like Floyd, his punchout put drops, he doesn't "overwhelm" them.

I thought Williams was a bad fight for Cotto but seeing as how Quintana got to him, I think Cotto would hurt him.

Also, this is why Calzaghe wont "walk through" B-Hop with his 100 punches per round. He isn't fighting freakin Jeff Lacy here.
BigG
But there is no doubt in my mind that Williams whoops the crap out of Cintron. Cintron is the worst title holder at WW in recent memory.
hardhead
I'm a Williams fan and I think Mayweather would have a field day countering him(after seeing Quintanna and Mitchell do it). Cotto would be a more stationary target(which I think Matches up well with Williams) then Floyd but I have to think Cotto would be too strong and powerful and also land those hooks and body punches and wear Williams out pretty good because of his lack of defense. Basically Cotto>>>Margarito..

I'd give Williams a better chance with Cotto then Floyd simply because Cotto is not as crafty on defense and he doesn't use as much side to side movement/angles as a Quintanna and definitely not Mayweather, which is what I think really befuddled Williams Saturday..I still pick Cotto to win the fight but I think Williams has a better shot at Cotto then Floyd..
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 12 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]378221[/snapback]
But there is no doubt in my mind that Williams whoops the crap out of Cintron. Cintron is the worst title holder at WW in recent memory.

Cintron would have slaughtered Six Heads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.