Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Lights Out - Eddie Chaplin World Welterweight Championship Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Sunday February 17, 2007 it's a battle between young stars of the 147 lbs division!

Now A Top Pound for Pound Fighter, the new Welterweight Champion Of The World, CyruS "Lights Out" ViruS (20-4-1 13KOs) defends his title for the first time against highly dangerous contender, Smooth Eddie Chaplin (20-1-2 5KOs)

Will Lights Out reign as champion end just like that and the Chaplin Era begin? Or will Lights Out show what he is made of in his first defense?

Lights Out Career Highlights :

W TKO 7 Joshua Clottey - solid win in a battle between top prospects
W KO 12 Ronald Hearns - solid win over future 2 division world champion
W KO 7 Little Daddy Fame - solid win in a batte between top prospects
W UD 12 Kingsley "Sharp Knuckle" Ikeke - solid win over the contender
W TKO 2 Edson Berto - solid win over top contender in world title eliminator
W UD 12 Luis Collazo - For the Welterweight Title

----------

Smooth Eddie Chaplin Career Highlights :

W KO 12 Andreas Kotelnik - In a battle of prospects
W KO 12 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - solid KO win over the former world champion
D 12, W UD 12 Brittney Skye - Solid win over the former world champion

-------------

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!
Maxy
Looking at Lights Out's career highlights its pretty apparent that he's fought, and beat the better competition. The knockouts over Hearns and Berto are really impressive and the win over Collazo was top draw.

Chaplin is my fighter but I'm picking Light Out to do the job.
CyruS
Can you do that? laugh.gif Can you pick the other guy even when your fighter is involved?? laugh.gif big G can he do that?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
BigG
laugh.gif

Well, I originally though of going for Smooth Eddie, but since even Maxy think he'll lose....well...I guess you just gotta go with Lights Out.

Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 11 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]378140[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Well, I originally though of going for Smooth Eddie, but since even Maxy think he'll lose....well...I guess you just gotta go with Lights Out.

laugh.gif

I'm just speaking without prejudice.

Lights Out does the business and Chaplin ain't proven anything yet.
Blayde
laugh.gif

Im not sure yet. Havent looked at the Chaplin-Skye fights so far.
BigG
I smell something fishy.....

Maxy put some cash on Lights Out to win.....

I think the fix is in laugh.gif
Maxy
Chaplin boxed the perfect fight to win the world welterweight title. Behind on points going into the 11th, he had Light Out on the canvas and went on to floor him twice more in the 12th to pull out the win.
CyruS
Lights Out had the fight in the bag but ran out of gas and chaplin moved in for kill with several knockdowns that proved to be the deciding the factor for the point swings. Lights Out exercised his rematch clause.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Feb 17 2008, 09:54 AM) [snapback]379011[/snapback]
Lights Out had the fight in the bag but ran out of gas and chaplin moved in for kill with several knockdowns that proved to be the deciding the factor for the point swings. Lights Out exercised his rematch clause.

If Chaplin loses tonight he's made it be known that he too has a rematch clause. Instant.
Blayde
A rematch clause for a fight that happens because of a rematch clause, where is this going to end, guys!? biggrin.gif

Matter of fact both Butkiss and Lights Out actually did not have a rematch clause, did they!? Its kinda strange how their got their rematches. Green and Chaplin would both have probably given them the fights, but they werent even asked.
Maxy
QUOTE(Blayde @ Feb 23 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]379745[/snapback]
A rematch clause for a fight that happens because of a rematch clause, where is this going to end, guys!? biggrin.gif

Matter of fact both Butkiss and Lights Out actually did not have a rematch clause, did they!? Its kinda strange how their got their rematches. Green and Chaplin would both have probably given them the fights, but they werent even asked.

laugh.gif

That's why I've made a point of saying I got one for this fight. I know Lights Out will switch it up tonight so I just want to ensure Chaplin gets to do the same should it go wrong later.
CyruS
Lights Out did switch it up, and paid the price. Chaplin came prepared for the blitz and handled business. Lights Out moved back up to 154 after the fight.
Maxy
Chaplin demands that Lights Out give him his props. He was angered by comments from Lights Out in the build up to this rematch and simply asked for the respect he deserves.

"I've beat the boy twice now, beat him bad...he needs to be a man and show me respect!"
CyruS
QUOTE(Lights Out - Former Welterweight World Champion)
You want your props and respect? Ok. FUCK YOU CHAPLIN!

laugh.gif
Maxy
Smooth Eddie Chaplin:

"Says it all really about that man...Former Welterweight World Champion...and he'll never win a title again."
CyruS
QUOTE(Lights Out - Former Welterweight World Champion)
IMA BE CHAMP AGAIN! ILL SHOW YO PUNK ASS CHAPLIN! YOU'LL SEE!!

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.