Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones Jr. vs. Winky Wright @ 170...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
This would be a really interesting fight..I would LOVE to see it. Does Roy beat Winky with superior speed or does Winky walk Roy down with a jab and unleash flurries on the ropes? (kind of like Tarver did)
thehype
More importantly...who cares?

Not it!

LOL

Seriously though...I'd pick Wright to win just based on the fact that he looked a lot more dominant against Tito than Roy did.
moscow bear
QUOTE(thehype @ Feb 12 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]378276[/snapback]
More importantly...who cares?

Not it!

LOL

Seriously though...I'd pick Wright to win just based on the fact that he looked a lot more dominant against Tito than Roy did.

I see Roy going in there and trading with Wright all night long. RJJ by EASY UD.
Hodge
I would give it to Roy because movement seems to bother Winky and Roy is the bigger man. Sam Soliman gave Wink fits with his akward style and Roy is a 10xs more accurate, so I see roy taking a closer than it ought to be UD.
PR316
Roy's more natural at the weight, and is superior in speed and in reflexes. I think Roy beats him.
Big Slim Sweet
Who wins? The fans!!

Doesn't matter anyway. They've both said they won't fight each other since they're such good friends. Pussies.
BrutalBodyShots
I'd take Jones in a close fight, about 115-113.

I think Roy would respect Winky's power less than he did Trinidad's and as a result would take more risks, probably opening up on Wright a little more than he did on Trinidad. No doubt that Wright would win rounds by walking Roy down with that jab and piling up points with the straight left upstairs and right to the body on the ropes. I'd be curious to see how Wright handles Jones' power. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright hurt or at least dropped once or twice with quick counters, just making it all the tougher to win on the cards.

Douchebag
Winky wants his style back.
streetlion1
No way RJJ beats Wink!! Wink would walk him down all night long and you would see RJJ just trying to finish.
Romulus9
Jones... EASY.

Easy.
buford54
I'd have to give this fight a chance for "Most Boring fight of the Century."
I'd still pay to watch it.
Wink would try to be the aggressor...Roy would use his foot speed to get out of the way.
Roy would throw fast combos, all of which Winky would catch on his gloves, but Roy would be gone before Wink could ever land anything.
It would probably end with a bogus Roy victory by judges who are impressed by shuffles, or a draw with no rematch because the ppv numbers would be in the hundreds.
Romulus9
Yeah...

Winky would catch Roy's fast combos on his gloves?

The same Winky that got hit with straight right hands, right down the pike, all night by Hopkins and even Taylor (when JT decided to use the middle of the ring instead of the corner). Especially Hopkins.

Roy, even at this stage, is way faster than Hopkins. Winky's not catching those combos on the gloves. I'll take Roy on a points decision that looks like B-Hop's over Winky.
KookedKrack
smh@ all these replies yall must have forgot glen johnson stretchin that ass

I'm a Roy fan but i dont think he really beats anyone decent as fitz said.
streetlion1
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Feb 12 2008, 10:58 PM) [snapback]378372[/snapback]
smh@ all these replies yall must have forgot glen johnson stretchin that ass

I'm a Roy fan but i dont think he really beats anyone decent as fitz said.

Co-sign!! I cant see him beating any legit contenders either!!.......That is the best sig. yet ooooh weeeee!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.