Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley-Quintana May 31?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
ESPN reporting this could replace the Mosley-Judah fight that's been in discussion.

I like it and hope it takes place. With Quintana's big win Saturday it's a more meaningful fight for Shane than the one with Zab. He gets a shot at reclaiming a portion of the WW title and gaining some leverage in the division with respect to bigger matchups (PBF or a Cotto rematch). I also like the fight for Quintana because I feel he's more deserving right now than Zab (or Mayorga) of getting the opportunity to beat a legend in the sport. Let him try and build on his momentum. A win over Shane in May coupled with the win last weekend would have him on the fast track to a possible fighter of the year nod.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 13 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]378423[/snapback]
ESPN reporting this could replace the Mosley-Judah fight that's been in discussion.

I like it and hope it takes place. With Quintana's big win Saturday it's a more meaningful fight for Shane than the one with Zab. He gets a shot at reclaiming a portion of the WW title and gaining some leverage in the division with respect to bigger matchups (PBF or a Cotto rematch). I also like the fight for Quintana because I feel he's more deserving right now than Zab (or Mayorga) of getting the opportunity to beat a legend in the sport. Let him try and build on his momentum. A win over Shane in May coupled with the win last weekend would have him on the fast track to a possible fighter of the year nod.

Mosley's name is getting tossed around more than a slut in a Marine Corps bachelor party.
dj necrogenic
that'd be a pretty good scrap, but do you think he can beat Mosely? Would he be able to handle Mosely body shots? Im not so sure he could
Elijah
I agree Quintana deserves it more than Mayorga or Zab but I'd much rather see Mosley fight Zab.

Mosley/Zab
Mosley/Quintana
Mosley/Mayorga

That's the order I prefer and I also agree with Quintana not being able to handle the body shots of Mosley. I mean look what Cotto did to him with his body shots.

Shit have Mosley fight Zab and Quintana fight Mayorga then have the winners of the two fight each other.

Although Mayorga doesn't really deserve to be in any of these fights.
thehype
ESPN is wrong...it'll be Judah on May 17th.

Remember where you heard it first!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
kidbazooka1
Like I've said don't be fooled by the Cotto fight Quintana is the read deal. He will stop Judah and beat Mosley by decision if they ever fight.
thehype
MOSLEY-JUDAH MAY 17TH!

Contrary to recent reports, sources close to the situation have just confirmed that three-time world champion Sugar Shane Mosley will indeed be facing former unidsputed welterweight champion Zab Judah on May 17th at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The bout will take place on HBO pay-per-view.

read more
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(thehype @ Feb 13 2008, 04:45 PM) [snapback]378454[/snapback]
MOSLEY-JUDAH MAY 17TH!

Contrary to recent reports, sources close to the situation have just confirmed that three-time world champion Sugar Shane Mosley will indeed be facing former unidsputed welterweight champion Zab Judah on May 17th at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The bout will take place on HBO pay-per-view.

read more

Not too happy about that at this moment. I wanted Mosley-Quintana.

GBP was probably just throwing Quintana's name in the mix to force Zab to except their financial terms.
thehype
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 13 2008, 03:51 PM) [snapback]378456[/snapback]
Not too happy about that at this moment. I wanted Mosley-Quintana.

GBP was probably just throwing Quintana's name in the mix to force Zab to except their financial terms.

Nah. There were never even any real talks to begin with. It was really just Lou DiBella talking about a possible Mosley-Quintana clash. DiBella was the one that tried to throw Quintana's name into the mix. Team Mosley hadn't even heard anything about it. LOL.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(thehype @ Feb 13 2008, 03:45 PM) [snapback]378454[/snapback]
MOSLEY-JUDAH MAY 17TH!

read more

Meaningless fight for Shane. Proves nothing. Quintana would put Shane in the middle of everything and give him a title. A perfect fight for Shane right now. Oscar must have his eyes on Quintana,lol.
kidbazooka1
Mosley/Judah should be a good scrap but I think Mosley's body shots would be too much for Zab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.