Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Tank Abbott Interview - Bas Ruten speechless!
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > MMA Leagues
TheWhiteBuffalo
Anybody who is watching the fight on Saturday night should check out this interview with Tank. He points out how everyone is jumping on the Kimbo bandwagon, despite the fact that this guy has not shown ANYTHING in the octagon other than a win over a limited Ray Mercer.

Watch this video and listen to some great points that Tank lays out in black and white. Tank has not "stuck his head in the sand" and not evolved with the sport. He touches on a lot of good points regarding this upcoming bout.

Damn I am ready to see Tank rid the MMA world of this fool! When Tank's hand is raised on victory....it will be the greatest moment of my life! Well...other than the time I banged Michelle under the principals desk.

The second greatest moment of my life! WAR TANK! WAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gnwHrG6gyo

TheWhiteBuffalo
ďI think it is funny that heís got Bas Rutten to train him. This is a real fight, not a slap-fest. He should have gotten a real fighter to train him. Training with Bas is better than nothing. But you either have it or you donít. Technique doesnít make you tough."

Now Kimbo is all irate over Tank dissing his "hero". LOL.....Kimbo is going to play right into the right hand of a Tank haymaker!
BigG
Tanks an entertaining fighter and a pretty tough one....but he is old like I said..

I dont really like Kimbo...The guy got his fame on youtube..knocking out guys with no fighting experience...basically KOing average Joes..

I think if you put him in with any truly world class MMA Heavyweight (something that Tank isn't at this point), he will lose.

He is going to beat Tank without much problem. This is really hyped up fight.. Tank's been a huge name since the early years of UFC and Kimbo now has a fanbase because of his streetfights.

Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 15 2008, 04:34 AM) [snapback]378670[/snapback]
Tanks an entertaining fighter and a pretty tough one....but he is old like I said..

I dont really like Kimbo...The guy got his fame on youtube..knocking out guys with no fighting experience...basically KOing average Joes..

I think if you put him in with any truly world class MMA Heavyweight (something that Tank isn't at this point), he will lose.

He is going to beat Tank without much problem. This is really hyped up fight.. Tank's been a huge name since the early years of UFC and Kimbo now has a fanbase because of his streetfights.

Kimbo was and average Joe at the time..............I see what your saying but it's not like Kimbo had ANY training when he was knocking those dudes out. He was doing it on RAW athletic ability. Now that he is training with pros he is going to be a problem. I wouldn't say top 10 or anything but he deserves to be fighting as a pro.
Douchebag
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 15 2008, 02:18 AM) [snapback]378666[/snapback]
ďI think it is funny that heís got Bas Rutten to train him. This is a real fight, not a slap-fest. He should have gotten a real fighter to train him. Training with Bas is better than nothing. But you either have it or you donít. Technique doesnít make you tough."

Now Kimbo is all irate over Tank dissing his "hero". LOL.....Kimbo is going to play right into the right hand of a Tank haymaker!

Funny, Because Bas would tear Tank limb from limb at any point in his career when he was active.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 15 2008, 06:02 AM) [snapback]378675[/snapback]
Now that he is training with pros he is going to be a problem. I wouldn't say top 10 or anything but he deserves to be fighting as a pro.

Why should he be fighting at a pro level? Because he's been trained by pros? That's a very weak argument. You give me 6 months with Bas, and I'll go into the WEC super-dooper-featherweights division and still get my ass handed to me.

The hype-train keeps chugging right along with Kimbo and it reminds me of the Eddie Murphy/Dan Akroyd movie "Trading Places" You can train a chimp to drive a stock car, it doesn't mean he should be there.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 15 2008, 02:18 AM) [snapback]378666[/snapback]

I was with Tank right up to that comment. Is this really his plan to get Kimbo pissed by dissing his "mentor?" Or is this the ramblings of a washed up haymaker factory?
ElectricTwinkie
97 octane gas? Oh my goodness... :slapshead:
streetlion1
Tanks old ass is gonna get destroyed tonight!! Slice winner in the first round!! He is washed up and pissing the wrong man off.. a Haymaker is not gonna win this fight for him. How you want it Tank?! black eye.gif Broken jaw?! Cheekbone?! your manhood?! Slice is a BEAST!! Do it for the hood Kimbo!!! clapping.gif
jaw breaker
Tank in his prime would destroy bas rutten I have to admit tank in his prime was powerful vicious and relentless, from what I have seen of bas rutten im not really that impressed, im not sure what's up with all the slapping that he employs, but prime for prime tank destroys him.
jaw breaker
Kimbo slice is a bully who preys on those he knows he can beat I heard him mention that he wanted mike tyson, tyson even in his advanced age would expose kimbo for what he is tyson would annihilate him, he is delirious if he thinks he has a chance with even a past his peak tyson. I think the mercer victory has given him a false sense of supremacy if he hadn't grounded mercer im sure he would have been knocked out, that's why he took it to the ground he knew mercer was waiting for an opening so he immediately took mercer to the ground to prevent mercer from getting his hands going. Im also positive that a young tank abbot destroys him I dont think tank at this age has what it takes though, put kimbo in with a real threat somebody with heart, power, and ferocity and I believe it will be the gannon fight all over again probably even worse because gannon really couldn't thump.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 15 2008, 01:26 PM) [snapback]378713[/snapback]
Tanks old ass is gonna get destroyed tonight!! Slice winner in the first round!! He is washed up and pissing the wrong man off.. a Haymaker is not gonna win this fight for him. How you want it Tank?! black eye.gif Broken jaw?! Cheekbone?! your manhood?! Slice is a BEAST!! Do it for the hood Kimbo!!! clapping.gif

Errr... Lion? The fight is Saturday night, not tonight. I wouldn't want you dissapointed by watching old MASH re-runs.

QUOTE(jaw breaker @ Feb 15 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]378715[/snapback]
Kimbo slice is a bully who preys on those he knows he can beat I heard him mention that he wanted mike tyson, tyson even in his advanced age would expose kimbo for what he is tyson would annihilate him, he is delirious if he thinks he has a chance with even a past his peak tyson. I think the mercer victory has given him a false sense of supremacy if he hadn't grounded mercer im sure he would have been knocked out, that's why he took it to the ground he knew mercer was waiting for an opening so he immediately took mercer to the ground to prevent mercer from getting his hands going. Im also positive that a young tank abbot destroys him I dont think tank at this age has what it takes though, put kimbo in with a real threat somebody with heart, power, and ferocity and I believe it will be the gannon fight all over again probably even worse because gannon really couldn't thump.

I don't know who you are, but I like your style JB!
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 15 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]378716[/snapback]
Errr... Lion? The fight is Saturday night, not tonight. I wouldn't want you dissapointed by watching old MASH re-runs.
I don't know who you are, but I like your style JB!

LOL. yeah I figured that out right after I posted it. thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(jaw breaker @ Feb 15 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]378715[/snapback]

He's a bully who preys on people? Not sure where that came from. Must I remind everyone the man is a rookie. Tyson would beat him in a boxing match but not in the cage!! Never before have I heard so many people hate on a rookie...oh I forgot..the same people hated on Brock Lesnar too! MMA needs names from outside the spectrum to stay alive! If it wasnt for a Slice or a Lesnar where would all this new publicity come from?! It needs exciting characters/fighters cause as a "sport" (and I use that term very loosely when talking about MMA) its hardly entertaining!
Southeastpaw
IF Kimbo wins this fight, and that a BIG IFFFF, it will be by submission. He ain't gunna swing with a guy like Tank. I hope Tank KOs this chump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.