Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Richard Butkiss - Allan Green Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Sunday February 17, 2007 it is going down at 175 lbs!

Former #1 Pound For Pound Fighter In The World, Currently A Top Pound For Pound Fighter, The Reigning and Defending 2-Time Undisputed World Light Heavyweight Champion Richard "Dick" Butkiss (25-6-1 16KOs) takes on the Undefeated #1 Contender Allan Green (18-0-0 14KOs) in the biggest match up that can be made at Light Heavyweight.

Will Butkiss take down another challenger who wants to knock him off his Light Heavyweight Throne? Or Will Allan Green usher in a new era at 175 lbs. and become the Undisputed Champion?

Richard Butkiss Career Highlights :

W MD 12 Larry Johnson - win over the future world champion (managed by don)
W TKO 6 Sam Kellerman - @ Cruiserweight (managed by don)
W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Jeff "The Genesis" Ghusson - first fight managed by don. Second fight and Third fight managed by CyruS, where that Butkiss defeated the then dominate Light Heavyweight Champion back to back.
W KO 11 Jean Pascal - solid win over the future world champion. (managed by don)
W KO 8, W KO 3, W TKO 7 Terrence "Ten Count" Tunney - first fight managed by don against a Maxy Managed Tunney where Butkiss defeated then dominate light heavyweight champion tunney. second and third fight managed by Cyrus against a maxy managed tunney in the 2nd fight, and a blayde managed tunney in the 3rd fight in routine title defenses.
W KO 10, W KO 10 Bobby "Tick Tick" Boome - solid wins over the future world champion
L UD 12, W KO 9 Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn - avenges loss with a knockout victory to become the first ever undisputed world light heavyweight champion when he knocked out linear light heavyweight champion Deep Freeze.
L MD 12, W UD 12 Roy Jones Jr. - avenges loss and regains the undisputed titles with a dominate rematch performance.

----

Allan Green Career Highlights :

uhhhhh..... he doesn't actually have any..... laugh.gif

-------

PLACE YOUR BETS!

Maxy
Green has got to the top by beating no-one of note. Butkiss has been in with some of the very best fighters in the league. This looks close but if you open your eyes you'll see this is a mismatch.

Butkiss should beat him easy.
Blayde
You should not forget that Green has stopped Brianna Banks and Otto Blatty to earn his #1 ranking spot. Apart from that his record definitely doesnt look too impressive, but right now hes our number 1 prospect and we hope he can do it against Butkiss.

Green by KO/TKO!
BigG
Green aint beating Butkiss......The only man that will beat Butkiss is Bernard Hopkins in the future...
Maxy
Green fought the perfect fight and his display reminded me very much of his stablemate Aleksander Alexeev. His ability to get inside and wear Butkiss down was incredibly impressive and he looks like he could stay as champion for quite some time.

Having witnessed this fight Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn announced his retirement. He was only ever interested in Butkiss but now he see's no point in boxing on....plus Green is all wrong for him with that style.
CyruS
Butkiss stated in the post fight press conference that he completely underestimated Green but also said he won't make the same mistake twice. Butkiss has exercised his rematch clause.
Blayde
Youve got to wonder though why fighters like Butkiss and Lights Out have these rematch clauses since there has been absolutely no talk about it before, they just fought there mandatories :dontknow:

But Green is fine with it, there wont be a lot different though aggressive.gif
BigG
I was surprised to see Butkiss get worn out like that.
Maxy
I was surprised too.

I thought Butkiss would be too good. I even said it was a mismatch!!!  laugh.gif

Seriously I can't see how Butkiss can avenge this.
CyruS
QUOTE(www.fighthype.com/FHWeBL-36Chambers/rumors)
Butkiss at home??

Rumor is going around that former 2-Time Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Richard "Dick" Butkiss fresh off his upset knockout loss to undefeated Allan Green, signed the rematch contract to face Green is now at home and not training. Friends close to former #1 Pound for Pound Fighter of the Sport, say Butkiss has not cared much for the fight game since becoming Undisputed Champion when he defeated Deep Freeze.

BREAKING NEWS! : RUMOR

Universally Recognized #1 Pound For Pound Fighter of All Time, First Ever 4 Division World Champion, The Only Former Jr. Middleweight to go on and win the World Heavyweight Championship, First Ever Hall Of Fame Inductee, Head Trainer and Promoter of the Successful Only Built 4 TOS Gym, Touch oF SleeP has taken his private jet to the private beach home of Richard "Dick" Butkiss on Hawaii and reportedly bitch slapped Richard Butkiss in front of his own wife and told him "Yo punk ass better get in shape and take yo ass to the gym so CyruS can whip the skin of yo ass so you can beat Green and take back the undisputed titles sucka! I ain't resurrected yo career just so yo ass can piss it away like you did this past weekend!" Butkiss was reportedly shocked at this incident has booked a flight back to the 36 Chambers Of Death Gym in New Jersey. Stay Tuned...
Maxy
Butkiss is not only Allan Green's bitch, he's TOS bitch as well! laugh.gif
Blayde
Thats how the career of a great and former p4p fighter comes to an end. Controversy outside the ring, getting his ass kicked inside biggrin.gif

Green: "I almost feel sorry for him. I think he was a great fighter back in his days, I had nothing but respect for him when he was winning big fights as I was still a prospect. But look what I did to him. I absolutely destroyed this guy. And believe me, again he wont go 12 in the rematch."
CyruS
Despite Green saying Butkiss would not last 12, Butkiss indeed lasted twelve, dropping a very close UD via scores of 117-114, 115-114 x2. Butkiss will be taking an extended break from the sport. Although Butkiss did show Green can be beaten. Butkiss assured the fans he will return but will step aside and let the Green Era run. Butkiss was humble after the fight and gave Green his props.

QUOTE(Richard "Dick" Butkiss - Former 2-Time Undisputed Light Heavyweight World Champion)
I give the kid nothing but props. He got the job done again, what can i say? I've done alot in this sport. I am the first Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion. Only 2-Time Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion. Former #1 P4P in the world. I admit I havent been the same since winning the undisputed title against Deep Freeze, but I got no excuses. The New kid beat me, he gets props from me. I'll be taking a break for awhile and let the Green Era of the 175 lbs. division begin. I'll be back, and I'll be watching closely with what happens in the division. Good job Green, I'm out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.