Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forbes hit's the jackpot! (Lands Fight With Delahoya)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
kidbazooka1
Forbes lands fight with De Le Hoya. Im sure he's not even stressing about the ass beating he's gonna get after he gets that $$$$.
BigG
Lets hope he beats De La Hoyas ass and retires him once and for all..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 16 2008, 04:35 AM) [snapback]378778[/snapback]

I highly doubt it.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 16 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]378778[/snapback]

*Notorious B.I.G. Voice* PLAYYYYYAAAAAA, HAAAATAAAAA!

grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif
Byrd Man
Confirming the fight from his Auburn Hills, Mich., home on Friday night, Forbes, who will be a prohibitive underdog said, "There's a deal made. I like Oscar but I'm definitely coming to win. When the bell rings you will see I am not in there just to be in there. This is like another Rocky story -- the biggest name in boxing is giving a guy like me a shot."

I always love it when up and comers or little known guys get shots against the champ and they all quote Rocky and say "this is gonna be another Rocky"

Um....did they not stay to the end of that movie? Rocky loses. biggrin.gif
hardhead
Good for Stevie, I hope he gets paid nicely..
D-MARV
I believe Oscar will win the fight but he will look ugly in doing so! Forbes is a really good fighter and a slick boxer. He will have Oscar missing and getting countered. But at the end of the day, I think Oscar is too big and Strong for Forbes!
streetlion1
Yeah Forbes gets K.Oed in this one.I cant even see him giving DLH that much trouble at all...its over inside 6 rounds.
Jack 1000
Get the pom poms ready Jim!! Oscar by late stoppage or lopsided UD.

Jack
Nay_Sayer
I didn't realize that Roger Mayweather was the trainer of Steve Forbes. The plot thickens...
JD
Rooting for Forbes...that is the only way we might be able to avoid Mayweather - DLH II. Though, should Forbes win, something tells me that Floyd will try to sell a Forbes fight.
The Original MrFactor
Forbes MD12... Then mayweather uses this excuse to fight yet another guy thats should be at 140. Thus avoiding a WW fight again...

Byrd Man
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Feb 16 2008, 02:56 PM) [snapback]378835[/snapback]
Forbes MD12... Then mayweather uses this excuse to fight yet another guy thats should be at 140. Thus avoiding a WW fight again...

Breaking news: Floyd Mayweather Jr. signs on to fight Nonito Donaire!

"He's a champion", Mayweather Jr said when asked why he would fight someone so far out of his weight class. "Nonito's people have assured me he will have no problem making the weight, and just to show we're not totally without heart, if he comes in a few pounds over, we'll let it slide"

yahoo.gif
streetlion1
Mayweather's a coward!!
kidbazooka1
Forbes may give Oscar trouble for the first few rds but once Oscar finds his rhythm he should be able to him late in the fight.
and the NEW
Demolition!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This is great for Forbes, he really deserves it. After getting robbed against Hopkins, and the troubles he had securing fights last year he gets this. This is a good payday for him, and I dont think it will totally ruin him to the point where he can't get fights at Jr. Welter. I expect DLH to roll over him, but don't be surprised if Forbes wins a couple rounds in there. He's a slick cat, and an excellent boxer.
Kyle
Spreadking3rd
just shows what a fake Oscar always was and always will be

both used to fight at 130....so I there isn't really a bigger man between them

Forbes has no power and is smaller........great choice for Gay La Hoya
flazi
forbes is too small, his best weight is 135-140. de la hoya should be ashamed of himself (for this fight and those pictures lol) forbes got beat and hurt by grady brewer.
streetlion1
Funny how the haters use that "Gay la hoya" reference.....he isnt the one who is supposed to be P4P king and wont fight a real Welter thats Floyd Gayweather who's doing that....DLH has nothing more to prove!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Spreadking3rd @ Feb 17 2008, 10:54 PM) [snapback]379140[/snapback]
just shows what a fake Oscar always was and always will be

both used to fight at 130....so I there isn't really a bigger man between them

Forbes has no power and is smaller........great choice for Gay La Hoya

No one's faker than Gayweather who's now appearing on fake ass wrestling shows.
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:47 PM) [snapback]379241[/snapback]

Hater.......Those "fake ass wrestlers" need more athletic ability,...put themselves through way more pain,...and entertain more people world-wide than any sport out there!! It should be alot more respected than it is!!! I cant stand mayweather...but trust me the move is a good one for boxing as a whole! A way better move than him talking up weak ass MMA all the time.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]379253[/snapback]
Hater.......Those "fake ass wrestlers" need more athletic ability,...put themselves through way more pain,...and entertain more people world-wide than any sport out there!! It should be alot more respected than it is!!! I cant stand mayweather...but trust me the move is a good one for boxing as a whole! A way better move than him talking up weak ass MMA all the time.

I see we have a hardcore wrestling fan in the house.

Sorry but I have zero respect for pro wrestlers well actually I do have a little respect for there acting ability.
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 19 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]379293[/snapback]

Sorry but I have zero respect for pro wrestlers well actually I do have a little respect for there acting ability.

Does it mean anything that a few MMA legends, Basketball players, Boxers, and football players all tried thier hand at the business and said it was too demanding and painfull?! that Most guys On the road for over 300 nights a year? O.K....you must be sleep....a few years ago I went through a open training/try-out and believe me you have to have mad skills and be able to take alot of pain if anything.
BigG
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 18 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]379241[/snapback]

Looks like DLH might join Wrestlemania as well laugh.gif
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 18 2008, 04:47 PM) [snapback]379241[/snapback]

When are you going to let go of your hate and bitterness?
buford54
To address the actual fight and get off or wrestling...I don't get this fight.
I'm assuming that DLH is trying to cash in on Forbes having been on the Contender, and being much smaller.
But Forbes is actually a really skilled fighter.
I don't give him much chance, but I don't think it makes for a spectacular win for Oscar. Oscar would build up the fight against Floyd much better with someone that he can stop, like he did to Mayorga.
Just seems like an odd fight choice.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 19 2008, 06:02 AM) [snapback]379293[/snapback]

I don't know what to say here. Have you ever watched wrestling & seen the athleticism & risks taken every time they get in the ring? I am no wrestling fanboy but I can appreciate how difficult it would be to take bumps & bruises sleep for 4 hours drive 400 miles & do it again 5-6 days a week.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Feb 21 2008, 11:43 AM) [snapback]379522[/snapback]
When are you going to let go of your hate and bitterness?

I don't like his personality and style of fighting. Just because most here like the guy doesn't mean I have to hang off his nuts all the time.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 22 2008, 08:42 AM) [snapback]379544[/snapback]
I don't know what to say here. Have you ever watched wrestling & seen the athleticism & risks taken every time they get in the ring? I am no wrestling fanboy but I can appreciate how difficult it would be to take bumps & bruises sleep for 4 hours drive 400 miles & do it again 5-6 days a week.

Exactly. I used to be a wrestling fan boy back in the day. Now days I have a mild interest in it, but me and my brother were talking about it the other day. I can definitely see why people hate wrestling, it's not everyones cup of tea. The fights are scripted with bad acting.
But think about this. These guys are much bigger than your average heavyweight and the things they are able to do is quite remarkable. They are on the road for just about the whole year and work up to 5-6 nights a week and it's expected from a lot of them to keep in good shape. As that's what a wrestlers identity is, being big and buff. Sure the fights are scripted, but can't you look at it as choreography? People don't understand how well these guys have to work together and being able to read one another. One fuck up can be the end of a wrestlers career. Just look at some clips on youtube. It's ignorant to say you don't respect wrestlers, why because it's scripted or choreographed? That's like saying you don't respect dancers, guys in the circus, actors. Sure, I understand people hating it, as it's not everyone cup of tea. Saying you don't respect them is being ignorant IMO.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 21 2008, 08:39 PM) [snapback]379556[/snapback]
Exactly. I used to be a wrestling fan boy back in the day. Now days I have a mild interest in it, but me and my brother were talking about it the other day. I can definitely see why people hate wrestling, it's not everyones cup of tea. The fights are scripted with bad acting.
But think about this. These guys are much bigger than your average heavyweight and the things they are able to do is quite remarkable. They are on the road for just about the whole year and work up to 5-6 nights a week and it's expected from a lot of them to keep in good shape. As that's what a wrestlers identity is, being big and buff. Sure the fights are scripted, but can't you look at it as choreography? People don't understand how well these guys have to work together and being able to read one another. One fuck up can be the end of a wrestlers career. Just look at some clips on youtube. It's ignorant to say you don't respect wrestlers, why because it's scripted or choreographed? That's like saying you don't respect dancers, guys in the circus, actors. Sure, I understand people hating it, as it's not everyone cup of tea. Saying you don't respect them is being ignorant IMO.

You guys can respect them all you want.

Sh*t just because I don't respect what they do or care for what they do shouldn't bother you guys one bit.
Fitz
I could give two shits whether you care for them or not. Like I said, it's not for everyone. But saying you don't respect them is totally ignorant and believe me, I hate Mayweather as well, but you hate him that much, you come off sounding foolish at times. Why don't you respect their athletic ability and the way they train, the way they work together, cooperating etc?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 21 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]379564[/snapback]
I could give two shits whether you care for them or not. Like I said, it's not for everyone. But saying you don't respect them is totally ignorant and believe me, I hate Mayweather as well, but you hate him that much, you come off sounding foolish at times. Why don't you respect their athletic ability and the way they train, the way they work together, cooperating etc?

Obviousley you f*cking care what I think if not you wouldn't be making a big f*cking deal out of this.

The only one sounding foolish is you. You care so much what I think or what my opinion is that you would have thought we were f*king dateing.
BigG
Wrestlers are just steroids freaks who slam each other into mats about as hard as pillows and throw fake ass punches...They are basically actors/performers..thats it.
Fitz
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 22 2008, 05:45 PM) [snapback]379573[/snapback]
Obviousley you f*cking care what I think if not you wouldn't be making a big f*cking deal out of this.

The only one sounding foolish is you. You care so much what I think or what my opinion is that you would have thought we were f*king dateing.

No. I said I don't care whether you like wrestling or not. What I did say is someone that doesn't respect them as athletes or their work ethic is being ignorant.
Also you still haven't answered any question on why you don't respect their athletic ability and the way they train, the way they work together, cooperating (choreography) etc?
I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion. What is it that you don't respect about the skills I mentioned? I really want to know.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 22 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]379575[/snapback]
Wrestlers are just steroids freaks who slam each other into mats about as hard as pillows and throw fake ass punches...They are basically actors/performers..thats it.

Nobody is disputing they take steroids. But that doesn't do all the work for them. They still have to work just as hard as any athlete, some people assume that because people take steroids, they have to train less. That is incorrect, they have to still train just as hard and even harder than some. You are right about them throwing fake punches and that. That is what wrestling is, but surely you respect there work ethic. It really is a difficult business and they probably work as hard as most other athletes.
streetlion1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 22 2008, 01:25 AM) [snapback]379575[/snapback]

I find that ignorant!! Have you ever been in a wrestling ring and taken a bump?!...I have! That aint no trampoline or "pillow" mat as you call it...its basically wood with 3 inch springs under it. Yeah they are performers and they are athletes as well! Who put themselves through more pain then any other athlete from any other sport in the world. Also I would say only about 20-30% of them may be using roids...but think about how many other athletes in other sports are using them as well! You can knock the whole idea of the biz if you want but if you really knew what the wrestlers had to endure and the schedule they have along with having no union or offseason I doubt you'd be so disrespectfull!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 22 2008, 05:45 AM) [snapback]379578[/snapback]
No. I said I don't care whether you like wrestling or not. What I did say is someone that doesn't respect them as athletes or their work ethic is being ignorant.
Also you still haven't answered any question on why you don't respect their athletic ability and the way they train, the way they work together, cooperating (choreography) etc?
I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion. What is it that you don't respect about the skills I mentioned? I really want to know.

I've said that I respect there acting ability but thats about it. There athletic skills invlove jumping off of ropes and PRETENDING to get hit I just can't respect that. As for steroid use it's true that boxers and many other athletes have experimented with them but I highly doubt that they have done it more than pro wrestlers.

Wrestling is like a soap opera to me they go out there and put on an act.

As for the guy who said that wrestlers go through more punishment than other sports you gott a be kidding me. Do you really think pro wrestlers have it harder than pro boxers?
Fitz
Well try say they don't have to work hard or you have no respect to someone like Kurt Angle who was an Olympic gold medalist for wrestling at the olympics and has suffered many injuries in the tough business of entertainment wrestling.
Not to be rude, but I really don't think you have a clue about wrestling, other than it's fake entertainment.
BigG
I'm sorry I like the Rock and Carlito Carribean Cool and I find WWE entertaining but I don't respect them like I do other athletes. I just take them for what they are...actors. The only ring Ive ever stepped in is a boxing ring but I watched a documentary on Wrestling and the ring mat is soft as fuck..thats why they can slame each other into it countless times and not get hurt.

I guess you can respect Brock, Angle, Shamrock as atheltes since they are REAL fighters that just joined to make some money but I just take it for what it is..entertainment...I like the fueds and I like when wrestlers use the mic.
Fitz
It's not soft. It is wooden with springs. They make the falls soft because they need to know how to take a fall. The fall is soft if they know how to fall correctly. Anyone that doesn't know how to do any of it will probably hurt themselves.
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]379622[/snapback]
I've said that I respect there acting ability but thats about it. There athletic skills invlove jumping off of ropes and PRETENDING to get hit I just can't respect that. As for steroid use it's true that boxers and many other athletes have experimented with them but I highly doubt that they have done it more than pro wrestlers.

Wrestling is like a soap opera to me they go out there and put on an act.

As for the guy who said that wrestlers go through more punishment than other sports you gott a be kidding me. Do you really think pro wrestlers have it harder than pro boxers?

The bottem line is you have probably never set foot in a wrestling ring and you just dont know that much about the biz! I used to box and like I said before I have been to a tryout/ training session for pro wrestling and yeah the pain that I went through was more than I had ever experienced in a boxing ring. Boxers train just as hard but as far as the punishment your body goes through wrestlers have it way harder. Yeah Wrestling is a soap opera that uses athletes/performers to tell stories...but that doesnt mean they dont work just as hard as people in other sports. Every single athlete from another sport who has tried thier hand at the business has basically said the same thing..that it was too demanding..a hellish schedule..with more injuries than they had ever suffered. LOL at George saying the mat is soft!! Go to your local wrestling school (they are everywhere) and see just how soft it is!
BigG
You can knock the whole idea of the biz if you want but if you really knew what the wrestlers had to endure and the schedule they have along with having no union or offseason I doubt you'd be so disrespectfull!

I'm sorry dude but the only thing I see them endure is slams on a soft mat, fake ass punches, and "high-risk" moves off the turnbuckle.

Look at Juan Manuel Marquez who has been taking blows to the head and body since he was about 16. He is trained to beat the shit out of people and trained to defend himself. God knows how many sparring sessions that guy has had and the ammount of punishment he takes in the gym. If you honestly think a Wrestler takes that type of punishment then your crazy.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 23 2008, 07:05 PM) [snapback]379682[/snapback]
soft mat

lol. Did you read anything?
BigG
If that was anything other then a soft mat or something soft, then some of them might have been dead....how do you "take a fall" from a german suplex?
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 23 2008, 07:09 PM) [snapback]379684[/snapback]
If that was anything other then a soft mat, some of them might have been dead....how do you "take a fall" from a german suplex?

Wikipedia:
Many rings utilize a suspension system with a large coil spring underneath the stage to reduce the impact of a wrestler landing on it; the stiffness of such springs varies, with softer springs providing a gentler impact, at the expense of the wrestlers bouncing visibly on impact; a stiffer spring provides a more "realistic" visual experience, but at a higher risk of injury due to the harsher impact. According to Mick Foley, rings built for the World Wrestling Federation before approximately 1998 were particularly "stiff," and one of them contributed to his injuries suffered during his famous Hell in the Cell match against The Undertaker. A newer style of ring construction utilizes a "flexi-beam" system instead of a spring, where the steel beams used to construct the ring stage absorb much of the impact.

Like I said earlier, they use spring for suspension. It's not just a soft mat, lol.
Fitz
This german suplex would never hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJEjuWuBguE

BigG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz_o-TY5780

LMAO! Look at Mick Foley fall through the cell..
streetlion1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 23 2008, 02:05 AM) [snapback]379682[/snapback]
I'm sorry dude but the only thing I see them endure is slams on a soft mat, fake ass punches, and "high-risk" moves off the turnbuckle.

Look at Juan Manuel Marquez who has been taking blows to the head and body since he was about 16. He is trained to beat the shit out of people and trained to defend himself. God knows how many sparring sessions that guy has had and the ammount of punishment he takes in the gym. If you honestly think a Wrestler takes that type of punishment then your crazy.

Im sorry man...but it seems you are just ignorant to the real facts! anyone who really knows anything about the business and has experienced it first hand would know better! Soft Mat?!?! Again I say go to your local wrestling school or even a show before it starts..get in the ring and take a bump or two! I know how a boxer trains and I also know that they arent fighing 2 sometimes 3 times a day...over 300 days a year! You just dont know what the life consists of...Beyond the Mat was a peak but really didnt do it much justice! Tell the countless guys with hip replacements..guys who are paralyzed...guys out there working a match with a torn bicep..who never get to see thier families that thier job isnt demanding! Or better yet tell the over 100 guys who have died the past 10 years due to the lifestyle. Im not knocking boxing in any way..it is a sport I love..but I also have great respect for Pro Wrestlers and the sacrifices they make just to entertain people.
BigG
I know how a boxer trains and I also know that they arent fighing 2 sometimes 3 times a day

When do wrestlers fight?

I respect wrestlers as actors. They put on a show/act. Thats what they do. But when I hear stuff likem wrestlers have it harder then boxers it sounds silly.

Wrestling is fake as fuck.. they do it weekly but it's stil fake.

Boxing is real. Fighters put their lifes on the line everytime they step in the ring.

Come on dude, it's been shonw on documentaries that the slams don't hurt the wrestlers too much. Soft mat, wood with springs, whatever.....this shit just doesn't effect people thats why these guys can fall from 15-20 ft ladders and not get hurt.

I'm not hating on Wrestling either but the whole "wrestlers have it harder than boxers" thing just sounds silly to me.

BTW,

And I knew about the springs, etc thats why it makes a loud sound after the move is performed but dont they also add some type of soft mat or something?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.